Ark: Survival Evolved

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I still like the primplus14 server but playing there is rather frustrating for me because of some issues .. not sure if it's the server or on my end .. either way, at times the game is nearly unplayable, doing something means locking up for between 10 secs to nearly a minute .. in between short bouts of smooth running.

I recived an invite to the dedicated server Govenor from that server opened and he said I could invite people, it runs smoothly for me.

you need some building mods and a spesific link. if either of you are interested let me know and I'll pm you the list and link.

It runs TheCenter map.

That's one strange looking shark ..

Attachments
20170514134530_1.jpg
20170514134530_1.jpg (332.75 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Forgive my asking but should I /we even brother with the cove anymore????

Seila - I love it! Very cute.

Nef - One of these is not like the other? :lol: Edit: Wait a minute! How in the heck did he get way over there? :| I totally just realized that's my spino.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nefretiti

he's been there for a few days and because of the tribe settings I can't take him back home, I guess he got miffed when some pirahans tried to pick a fight with my sharks.

zedxrgal

I'll move him when I log in today & change the tribe settings permanently. But I want to make absolutely certain it's understood that another members dinos aren't borrowed without permission. It's not my being harsh or rude. I just don't want "accidents". I know you ladies wouldn't do that but just want to say it anyway. :)
Work has been so obnoxiously busy I simply am too tired to log in sometimes. Not to mention the last two weekends have been packed with family in town & errand running. Hoping I can get so good time in today.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I thought you put him there because something was lurking and trying to get the sharks. How odd he placed himself there of all places, lol.

That's the only reason I wanted dino share on, zed. So many times have I logged in to find dinos where they shouldn't be and nothing I could do to stop it.

Although, after watching that Titanabao just slither right on past a wall I knew was there, but hadn't loaded, the other day, it makes me worry what can get in...

I don't know if you've been in the cove or not, but I did get the ocean side wall set up. It just needs more walls vertically. The extra space there would be nice. I'm getting really cramped and honestly can't tame much more currently.
zedxrgal

Some quick screenies then I really got to scoot.

You may not be able to see it but there is a little oviraptor hiding by Illia's left foot. It was being chased by some raptors. It ran right under her, stood there till the raptors ran off, which was immediate, waited, looked around (no joke), squawked, the ran off.

Hiding. You're doing it wrong!

Pack hunting with the allo's.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Aww man, Zed.. right after you logged... I pulled my boat up the river by JJ's because there was a level 10 Spino I kinda wanted. I got my boat up there and decided he wasn't close enough to the colors I wanted and decided to park my boat and leave it there as I have been seeing a bunch of Spino there lately. As I'm pulling up the river a bit more (Predator Alley) I see and Allo pack come running out of the woods! I should have screenshotted it. I might have, I'll check.

Anywho, scout them out.. don't really like the colors on them too much. They're all >30, maybe the Female was 45? One of them aggroes me on the boat and I try to pull away from him and that didn't work. It just causes him to glitch UP INTO THE BOAT with me and my wolf. Had to quick hop on him and open the gate and run out. So I run him off away from the group. Bugger comes back and starts chomping my boat. So I spend a while trying to get him AWAY from my boat. Finally manage to peel him off and lure him away. Next, the other male. I pull him down river away and leave him at the fork. Ok, perfect. Girl is chomping my boat. So I have to get her attention. This is fun.. she likes my boat more than me. Eventually I get her in the trap and awesome. Time to tranq her down. Switch arrows and trying to line up a shot when one of the males GLITCHES INTO THE BOAT. You gotta be kidding me. So I have to run around open the gate and try and get him out. Well it didn't work as planned and the female ran off... right into a Theriz (who I later found out was 110 when I went to get revenge and SHOT IT). She died.. quick.

Ok, whatever. Still two others although I wanted the female. Go back to my boat and pull the other guy off it as he's gotten out and chomping at the sides. Trying to get him far enough away so I can reset the boat into trapping position. Idiot runs over and attacks a different Theriz and gets himself killed in the mean time. Well great. Down to one who I don't even know if he's still alive.

Head down to the fork and see him wandering about. After like 20 minutes and trying to get his attention, him almost getting killed by DEX's Rex....... I manage to get him in the trap. Knocked him out and pulled the boat away from the bank. Farmed up Prime with the wolf and I now have a new Allo! Just one more to go! (Need a female!)
Thinking of naming him Loki. Wrong green and not gold.. but it popped in my head right away. He'd need to be more green for Banner.

Seems I didn't screenshot the group. They were all pretty similar in color, the female was a light gray with a lighter orange than this guy.

Edit:
Oh, forgot about this. While Prime Meat hunting for my Allo I found a Tapejara stuck inside a rock. I went back and tamed it. I had to break the rock to get to the inventory for it, but thankfully it was in an area of forest with nothing around.
I really don't care for his coloration. It's too... pink.
Attachments
NewAllo.jpg
NewAllo.jpg (716.3 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
Tapejara.jpg
Tapejara.jpg (977.83 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I LOVE THOSE ALLOS!! the Tapejara is very pretty i think

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I found a topography map of The Island and decided to use that for a bit of an update. I extended the eastern most (bottom of the map in this picture) up so it lines up a little better with the wall below. That way we won't have to line the ledge with spike walls. I believe in the original plan I drew up I had it ending at the choke point right before the big ramp down, where I put the new door/wall. I've not seen a thing up on that shelf besides an occasional Dodo or Moschops. So I don't think we'll need to worry about anything spawning in there.

Red = Behemoth Gates
Yellow = Stone Walls
Purple/Pink = Spike Walls
Blue Dot = Beacon/Pod Drop (as close as I could guess)
Green Dot = Explorer Note Ruins

The only thing left to do is build the door and wall on the northern part (bottom of the map, far right), and the rest is just spike walls and building existing walls higher.Then we should be move-in-able. Have we decided on areas? I'm honestly okay with anything BUT the waterway/island thing.
Attachments
BasePlans.jpg
BasePlans.jpg (116.72 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
Nefretiti

I like that tape .. if I had one I'd offer to trade but I dont.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I am meh about the center map...dont like the zombie dodo's .. the layout of the map dont appeal to me.. so prob goibg to start over again... but maybe..just maybe going to try the Ragnarok map... not sure..need some thinking time.. else I just choose the Island again.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

Seilahyn wrote:Have we decided on areas?
Honestly nothing has been decided. I spoke with both of you yesterday quite a bit on it & both your opinions (for the most part) seem to echo each others. You both also know my stance on it. It may be gorgeous and A LOT of property but we've tribe members wanting the same areas. This IS NOT to make anyone feel bad or anything the like. I am just a honest person. But once the perimeter walls are finished, and I mean fully, then we can work out who go's where. BUT. I do not want to lose the property we currently have either. We may be a small tribe but we are a tribe of ladies who seem to LOVE collecting dinos. I'm sure something will be worked out that will make everyone happy between the two properties. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss further. I love the topography map. I hate to leave Aleu out but it would appear their not playing much????? if at all.

I have an idea. Nef and Seila look closely at the current map. Think of the areas you want. AS OF NOW, unless Aleu makes a post in the matter, I am intending on splitting the cove 3 ways evenly unless one of you keeps the current place. Please really noodle this out.

My plans on the current property is I do want someone there to build whatever home would make them happy. Where my wall is is the further you can drop something all the way out Nef's wall and back to almost the fence if you really wanted. So there is plenty of building room. I do not plan on removing ANY of my buildings or walls until I am 100% moved AND the current property has a permanent resident. I strongly feel the cove is where I was meant to be which is why I chose it. And yes. Selfishly (in a way) pushed to build and move all of us there. Like I said you both know my thoughts and what I want. Again. PM me and we'll continue to has it out.

Seila - HAH that allo reminds me of Andes chocolate mint chocolates. :lol: I kind of like the watermelony colors of that tape but I can't trade mine. It was a gift & I'm quite attached to him. I swear though. I am not sure which dinos I need to hoard the most. Sarco's, Allo's or raptors. lol Maybe spinos. And compys.

Nefretiti

I'm really partial to the river area with the 'islands' .. base 1 I think.
I had planned on tearing down my base once moved to allow for the person staying (if anyone will) to have plenty of room to build as they like.

zedxrgal

This is just an idea!!! :lol:
Be sure to stop and marvel at my mouse writing skills!!! :lol:

This is my thought both of you have relayed what you wanted mostly.
Nef's property base #1 forest gate to water gate.
Zed's property base #2 & 3
Seila's property base #4

If she wants Aleu can keep the current property but I suggest strongly no one tear anything down. I don't want to risk losing any space there.
Again this is just a thought. Also there is PLENTY of space to branch out even further if one lady or another feels she needs more room. The only one who may have some issues if she takes that property is Seila as there is a person living right on the peninsula tip. So she's have to expand down by where the crystal cave is along that beach. Pleant of room to expand if need be even having a spot for Aleu towards the forest or even the beach on the other side or that other ridge where Wolf (Levy's old spot) used to be.

Another thing I'd like everyone to add to the equation (if you're not already) is your taming focus. Are you mostly wanting sea creatures? Mostly land? Mostly air? Factor that into the property you'd like also. :)

Oddly. I'm finding this discussion and planning enjoyable. :hug:

Nefretiti

I have a shark problem other than that I mostly just want a quetzal and tape, I'm pretty content with the brood I have right now.

I like the look of that actually, I might pop in tomorrow and try to start planning my space, right now I'm enjoying myself putzing around with the building mods on Gallifrey

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Nef - If you like him, he's yours. I wasn't sure if you'd like him, and while I also really want a Tapejara, his colors are just so far from what I want. I've been Tapejara hunting for you and have tried to corral some to our area to tame, but have had no luck.

I want one with black membrane and a nice, bright color to contrast it on the wings/head crest. Something like this:
http://ark.gamepedia.com/Tapejara
Region 0 - Black or White (Grays acceptable)
Region 1 - Black (Light Blue/Purple depending on 3)
Region 3 - Light Blue (Black or Light Purple depending on 1)
Region 4 - Any of the previous mentioned colors.
Region 5 - Black

I realize finding one matching that will be ridiculously hard, but that is my ideal Tapejara.

Zed - That looks fine. I actually liked the area prior to the move idea, so you're not forcing anything on me. I liked where the house on the hill was, just having a hard time visualizing my layout plans. Maybe once I get building in will come together.

As far as taming goes, I don't like deep water as I mentioned yesterday. I don't see myself going out to tame any deep sea critters. Even in a game I get overwhelmed with fear when flying over the ocean, or bay, at night it's crazy. I tried giving it a shot on the shark Ned let me have.... and it didn't end well.

My main focus would be ground stuff. Allo, Spino, Megalo, Raptors, Sabers, Thyla, Yutyrannus, etc. I do want Tapejara as well, but focus would be on ground stuff.
Nefretiti

Are you serious? :shock:
I'd love him if you're completely certain about it. I just wish I could have tamed that gorgeous one I saw before to trade you, it was a vibrant red and black but I was jumped by a pack of compys before I could get within bola range spooking it off.

I have a shark problem myself, I took Mike out for abit and nearly got mobbed by those damned jellies but since I put points into movementspeed I managed to get away
I finally got myself an itchy .. a friend calls them Itchy-knee-o-saurus.

I'm perfectly happy with Zed's suggestion for the cove myself so no arguments from me, though I'm thinking perhaps keeping the water in the cove 'public' for my sharks, Zed's sarcos etc? either works for me really.

Some tames of mine from Gallifrey

Ingrid and Igor

Valentin

Tira

Rin and Carney

Attachments
20170515231945_1.jpg
20170515231945_1.jpg (324.64 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
20170515231926_1.jpg
20170515231926_1.jpg (340.29 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
20170515231915_1.jpg
20170515231915_1.jpg (332.16 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
20170515231904_1.jpg
20170515231904_1.jpg (259.72 KiB) Viewed 2374 times

zedxrgal

ALRIGHTY THEN!

It's settled. We'll move forward as Nef with base #1, Me 2 & 3, Seila #4. UNLESS Aleu decides on a place. Will give it another day or two for her to respond m'kay?

Oh and the water area is a full on free for all. I'll have my water paddock kind of like now but past my sand bar it's completely open space. A) the beacon wouldn't allow fencing anyway and B) not cool to have any one us claim the water for herself only at least in my opinion. My largest concern is ........... I think fish WILL spawn there. Especially piranha. So it would be advised to allow our spino's to go ballistic in there before the sharks etc are brought over. Even that should be done cannonball run style and blitz there as fast as possible. Then place them in a water paddock just in case.

Love your Iggy's Nef.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I'm likely not going back to that to any offical, so you're free to destroy whatever. A friend of mine has set up an unofficial server, which I generally prefer since we can modify exp and resource gains along with dino tame speed.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Poo, sorry to hear that Aleu. We would have loved to have another Petopian with us, but if you enjoy the server you're on that's fine. =D

Do you think even if we pillar the lake floor it will still spawn Piranha? I know we have a few in the water, but not in the deepest parts. That's my only concern with that lake. Could keep the sharks and stuff on Neutral that way they react to anything that aggros them, but should stay within the lake and not wander out. I've never seen a fish try to run like some of the land herbies do. Also.. would that Plant Species X thing attack Piranha? If so, we can set up a few of those around the water or even on the floating pontoons.

I'm logging in now, if you're going to be around Nef, I can let you claim the Tapejara.