Ark: Survival Evolved

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Aleu wrote:I'm likely not going back to that to any offical, so you're free to destroy whatever. A friend of mine has set up an unofficial server, which I generally prefer since we can modify exp and resource gains along with dino tame speed.
Ok. Thank you for letting us know. :hug: We won't destroy anything and will move you body out of the thatch hut into a better building just in case you change your mind

Regarding our current property. Who wants to help make it a field of pillars???? :lol

Seilahyn wrote:Do you think even if we pillar the lake floor it will still spawn Piranha? I know we have a few in the water, but not in the deepest parts. That's my only concern with that lake. Could keep the sharks and stuff on Neutral that way they react to anything that aggros them, but should stay within the lake and not wander out. I've never seen a fish try to run like some of the land herbies do. Also.. would that Plant Species X thing attack Piranha? If so, we can set up a few of those around the water or even on the floating pontoons.
Um. I'm honestly not sure. Try it? I believe the radius of the beacon may prevent it from being placed. I'd ask in global about Plant Species X. I think Levy from Wolf tribe has them close to the mini lake where they are because of piranha attacking floating babies. Let me know if the pillar places. I am not sure it will keep piranha away though. They certainly don't seem to keep land predators away.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Hmm, Googled them and it seems they will only fire on things that come to the surface of the water, not under it. So it still might be useful to place some pontoons with Large Plots and have the Plant X on them as some sort of defense against Piranha. Will have to look for them in the swamp to get some seeds.

WOLF has that huge water plot, and even a pool, and I don't think Piranha spawn in there. Maybe they do, but they're not on to ask right now. Will have to experiment.
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I have a bunch of species x seeds I was given by WOLF , I'll put them in the big storage box with a pincode for you.

Unfortunately I'm in Europe so it's difficult for me to be on when you ladies are during weekdays, I usually have to log for bed before or by the time you two log in.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

oki so i took away A LOT of my mods to see if I enjoy it more without them. I took away the annuarki mod which add the dodorex out of season (halloween), took away Primal fear , even though I love the fabled and primals i want to try with out it.

Need to find a good raft mod which gives me big rafts.. but other than that I think I am almost ready to start over :D

This is my base plan.. yeah I know its a tad small :P :lol:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

Seilahyn wrote:WOLF has that huge water plot, and even a pool, and I don't think Piranha spawn in there. Maybe they do, but they're not on to ask right now. Will have to experiment.
The pool Braz has doesn't spawn anything because it's considered a structure. His water pen is also fully enclosed like Nef & I's so things won't spawn in there. Levy (part of wolf) who lives at the hidden lake way up north has a large pond right smack in the middle of their property with no buildings in /near and that does spawn fish. Right after they bred their sheep several of us were standing around waiting for the females to drop their balls of fluff, one would drop, get claimed, fed then taken to the pond. Sadly. Silver's (Still I Rise) baby was killed by piranha in there. I think Levy used Plant Species X to take care of the remaining. Or that just could simply be why so many predators are perched around the pond.
Nefretiti wrote:I have a bunch of species x seeds I was given by WOLF , I'll put them in the big storage box with a pincode for you.

Unfortunately I'm in Europe so it's difficult for me to be on when you ladies are during weekdays, I usually have to log for bed before or by the time you two log in.

We could certainly try. I am not opposed to trying the PSX or pillar placing. Even then part of my beach will be closed off. :lol: Yeah I know you're like 10 hours ish ahead of me. I just didn't feel it my place to say so. :oops:

Tårnfalk wrote:ok so i took away A LOT of my mods to see if I enjoy it more without them. I took away the annuarki mod which add the dodorex out of season (halloween), took away Primal fear , even though I love the fabled and primals i want to try with out it. Need to find a good raft mod which gives me big rafts. but other than that I think I am almost ready to start over :D This is my base plan.. yeah I know its a tad small :P :lol:

Looks like a great plan! Cannot wait to see it finished! I can say, FOR ME, I really enjoy Prim+ simply because it's such a challenge since there are no mods.
I would love to play with some of the Tek stuff but I think I'd get bored of it after a while because the challenge wouldn't be there anymore. And as the fellow dino hoarder you are ............ you sure it's big enough? :lol: :hug:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Hehe not totally sure :P We normally have wolves as our exploring animals but thought we mix it a bit up this round.. and go with raptors.. I havent tried them out yet so maybe they are better.. who knows..Their damage % is lower than a wolf would have at their lvl which to me dont make sense..the girl, the green/gold one i dyed, the other one is a natural color. Both alphas as we still run with the tameable alphas mod.

pretty screenies

Image Image Image

edit apparently theere is a difference on alpha´s stats... :shock: my two got killed and i died A LOT but in the end i got these two new ones which does A LOT more damage than the old ones.. green one is dyed in the other is natural

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Well I didn't get much done tonight. Farmed meat for troughs, stalked a Tapejara for a bit, checked out the cave below the hill we're building on... then saw a pretty gray/blue Spino with a matching sail with a green stripe along the top. I think he was 35 or 45, so he would have taken quite a bit to tame. I couldn't remember if Nef had kibble for Spino, so I went back to check and along the way I spotted the most outlandish Raptor. He was black with the brightest feather mohawk I've seen so far! It was purple with peachy pink tips. It made me immediately think of the flame-touched titanium dice I've seen. (Because I'm a total nerd.. and I like pretty dice)

I had to tame him, and good thing I decided to grab him.. because when I was grabbing some Prime Meat for him while he was knocked out on my boat.. I saw the Spino getting killed by two Theriz. So I possibly could have lost both. Anywho, here he is:

I hope I'm not the only one to see it in him. I know it might be a bit of a stretch, but it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw him.

I really need some females, though. As much as I love male pets, I only have one female for all my boys. Every one I run into that I like and want is male.

I'm kinda sleepy, so I'm going to try and go to bed now. I didn't get much sleep today, so hopefully I can sleep now and be up in the morning and catch Nef on and maybe try and get that darn Quetz again.
Attachments
HandsomeBachelor.jpg
HandsomeBachelor.jpg (867.01 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
Nefretiti

23 rex kibble made.
I'll be working on other types as I'm able.

That raptor is lovely ,I can see the connection with those dice :)

I tamed a Pego on Gallifrey, I saw the little sh*t outside my enclosure so I decided to try.
Put my stuff away. Switched Rin and Carney to passive,stocked up on berries and lured him into my enclosure where I basically just had to stand around untill it was tamed.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

That raptor is stunning!!

Meet Numsi (Danish play on tush), Male and Im Just Poofy, Female. Once i grinded mats for the dye Poofy´s saddle needs to be black..and I might make the female a polar bear :D

zedxrgal

Seila - Love his colors. He looks like one of mine but his feather appear more bright & purple.

Nef - Grats on the pego! But whatever you do DO NOT leave a wild pego unattended in a enclosure. Either tame it straight away or kill it. Poor Braz. I guess a wild pego had killed a level 230+ bronto by just constantly chewing on it. Was on passive of course. Pretty heartbreaking to hear about.

Tarn - I your fuzzy bears. They don't already come in white?

Does every dino have a alpha or is it just predators?

Nefretiti

I tamed the little sh*t right away .. he's called Thief these days. I had tried to tame pegos before but they tended to run out into the water with a milion sharks,rays and various other painful critters.
I keep my raptor and carno on neutral usually and the rest on passive but I may switch Valentin the stego to neutral since he's fairly strong.

I'm on right now and I successfully tamed a baby doed I really liked and if this goes through I'll have myself a handsome iggy.

Edit

Meet Iggy

and the yet to be named Doed.

Attachments
20170517192857_1.jpg
20170517192857_1.jpg (439.99 KiB) Viewed 2814 times
20170517193000_1.jpg
20170517193000_1.jpg (353.5 KiB) Viewed 2814 times

zedxrgal

Congrats on the new acquisitions Nef! The little doed looks just like potato. I've been contemplating breeding Potato & blue balls just for the hell of it. Probably wait till we move but ............... I am interested in trying a plant eater. See if they're easier then a carnivore. Wouldn't mind a theriz bab but they are LARGE when born and not all that cute :lol:
:shock:
Maybe I should try an iguanadon. *ponder* OR a lystro!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

So I have no idea what is going on right now. I just helped Nef tame a Quetz and while flying back home, trying to I should say as the game had become REALLY choppy like it does when I play for a few hours, I tried to land by Still I Rise to get Stamina when all the sudden the game locked up. I started getting 1 frame every 5 or so seconds and my Quetz, with me on it, had become to fly at like MACH SPEED. First I was at Still I Rise. Next frame I see Rubble's ahead of me. Next frame I see out outter walls... at this rate I'm going to be flying off over the ocean soon and there's nothing I can do to stop it. So I CTRL ALT Delete and force close the game, which WILL NOT CLOSE.

Finally after many, many attempts it closes the game and Steam has an error. Open it back up and, of course, Steam and ARK both have an update. Finally get past that.. log in. Twenty minutes later, finally get in. I can see I'm up at my Quetz and I can see the beach and spike walls below. I'm getting 1 frame every 5 seconds again. I'm falling.. but slowly. Then I warp back up and start falling again. Then it crashes my video card.

Log back in.. again. I'm dead. Respawn and I see my Quetz nearby in the air... now to find where I died. Seems I somehow fell in the water? Even though I wasn't even over the water. I drowned. Got my stuff back and Quetz is fine. Thank god I crashed the game when I did.

Anywho, headache.. meant to go to bed ages ago. Bye! And congrats on the Quetz Nef! (Who had to immediately run to work after staying up all night to tame it.)
Nefretiti

I'm glad you got your stuff back after all that crap. ><

That tame was harrowing, I kept obsessing over narcs.. Do we have enough kibble etc etc.

Largely Thanks to Seila and some generous help from our allies I have a 190 lady quetzal sitting in my enclosure :) Thank you once again :hug:

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Yeah, that would have sucked to have to make all that stuff again. Bad enough I lost a purple quality pick or hatchet to those darn jellyfish. I just gave up and didn't even try to get my body as they moved faster than I could in the water.

Anyway, Still I Rise is going to time out in like 20~ minutes. I'm logging in now to claim things. I'm torn on what to do. Should I claim it all to try and hold it for them? Or just claim what we need/want? I imagine I won't be the only one as there are 6 others online right now.

It seems JJs place on the river timed out as well, but all the stuff is gone. I figured as I haven't seen him in a while, but forgot to check. We've been losing a lot of the regulars. Pillars of the Community logged in just enough to refresh their timers, else they would be gone, too.

Shame, as I'd love to see more people active.
zedxrgal

Ok so here is how everything sits so far.
Predators all moved. Though there may be two raptors & a loner carno inside the building. Little guys like the Dime's that can be moved on the boat are still there.
All the flyers are moved. At least the ones outside but I think that was all of them.
I tried a few times to get stuff off your quetz Seila but the walls made it pretty much impossible. I didn't dare try to whistle anything down or jump. Risks I'm just not willing to take.
I tried to make sure all flyers, herbivores, low levels were on passive & surrounded by guard dogs. I built another trough fill it & piled everything around that.

Most of the large herbivores are still there. I didn't dare move the brontosaurus etc alone. Moving all the big predators was a huge undertaking in of itself. The fliers just straight up wore me out. Especially cause of a certain obnoxiously enthusiastic ptera.
I renamed him by the way. :twisted:

My thoughts on who gets what.
Feel free to share yours too.
1) If someone doesn't have one of something they should have first claims to the animal to either keep it or pass.
2) If multiple of species they should be split evenly. Unless it's passed on by another.
3) Please wait till all three of us are on at the same time before claiming ownership. The only exception to this was the deer. There were three. Two males & a female.
Female is useless except for baby making. Males looked identical. Nef claimed one,
the other is parked at your house Seila. Now we all three have stags.
Thoughts?
I'm sure we'll work it out.

That moment you realize you realize you have too many fliers following you.

Oh. With our new acquisitions I am extremely motivated to get the cove done.

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

You guys need to stop making me want to play this game. ;)

In all seriousness though, I love hopping in here and reading about your adventures! ♥

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Yeah.. I was going to chain follow fliers but that one Ptera was just nuts. I was hopping on one, whistling to one, then I got on that one, whistled to a new one... until that darn wiley Ptera..

Anywho, to be honest there isn't much I actually -want- from this. Usefulness aside, there are a few that I'd like due to "well, it's the best colors of the bunch". So honestly, most of the stuff can be divided between the two of you. When we get it all over maybe we can line it up or group it up in the center to "pick" from. I can't remember everything. I wouldn't mind one of the male Rex just for a mate bonus, but I can always find one I like to tame. That can be said about pretty much everything. ><;

I'll definitely want one of the bucks, so I'm fine with the guy by my house. The blue Doed, because blue, would be awesome but not needed. I could give Sarai her Morning Star back then. I'd like a female Allo, but again.. I could always find one so we don't break up that group. The purple/black-ish Tapejara was my favorite of the ones there, but honestly I'd still hunt for my own.

Which gets me to my next point. I don't want to claim anything anyone else wants because if I'm not in LOVE with it.. it's hard to bond, and if I can't bond with it... I feel it's going to waste when someone else could appreciate it more. I'm so picky with what I want and colors.

So anyway, I need to head to bed. I unloaded my Quetz and stocked my troughs.
Nefretiti

I'm not really too fussed about most of the critters but I'm willing to take on whatever we need.
I'm mostly interested in the rarer aquatic stuff,the kangaroo bunny thing and the female tape but I'm certain we can work everything out.

I should be on for most my afternoon and evening today ,which I think is your morning.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Love those bird screenies :D I havent been playing much as i am waiting to see what happens on the next big patch on may 30th