Netherbeak Help

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Netherbeak Help

Unread post by Wain »

Quiv wrote:I saw him tamed (when I failed earlier) about 10:30am EST, and I tamed him about 50 minutes later on same realm. I think the hour timeframe seems pretty solid, hopefully.
That's not too bad at all!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
IronJaw
Realm: Голдринн

Unread post by IronJaw »

Did you all guys tame him on that tower spot? Because it's kinda weird that I am camping that spot for about 3 hours so far and still no luck. I'm starting to think he might be tamed somwhere else, or just flying somwhere far from the tower. So short respawn timer does bot gurantee that he will pass above the tower.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

He only spawns up above that mountain. As for him not showing it is probably due to one of three things: someone else tamed it. You are going through various shards (phasing). Or you are just having bad luck due to his pathing. It is erratic.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

IronJaw wrote:Did you all guys tame him on that tower spot? Because it's kinda weird that I am camping that spot for about 3 hours so far and still no luck. I'm starting to think he might be tamed somwhere else, or just flying somwhere far from the tower. So short respawn timer does bot gurantee that he will pass above the tower.
That's a shame :( Yes, I tamed him there. He just appeared and attacked me after about 5 minutes' wait. Good luck!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Daisypoo
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Daisypoo »

Do you need your artifact maxed out to be able to get tome? I just have one trait left and did all the other quests and got class mount. But didn't see tome on vendor. Guess I'll be waiting a bit more. Can't wait to get Netherbeak!
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

You need to buy 1 point of Concordance for the BM weapon to be able to buy the tome.
funk#1402

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Funk wrote:You need to buy 1 point of Concordance for the BM weapon to be able to buy the tome.
In addition, you may need to be BM spec when you buy the tome (But can use it and the Feathermane family in any spec). I only say that because the vendor wouldn't let me buy the MM mount until I had actually switched specs to MM (I had all other requirements already on both weapons). When I was MM however, the tome was unavailable until I switched back to BM.

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I've been at the tower for about an hour and a half now and no Netherbeak. I'm reasonably certain I've phased between shards three times in that span, because for about 30 or so minutes in the middle of not moving I got a Llothian Fox on track beasts, but it wasn't there at the start and isn't there now.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Yeah, I've been realm hopping since there's a chick from MG/Alliance hunter on my home realm. I've been at this for an hour and a half so far.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
soukyugurentai
Realm: US-BlizzardPrison

Unread post by soukyugurentai »

Last edited by soukyugurentai on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Yeah the problem with Netherbeak is he isn't on a set path. This thing could literally respawn instantly and not fly back over the top of the mountain for a long time. The top of the mountain is the most common area he would pass though, it seemed like a bit of a central hub for him. Its your best chance. Trying to track him down on his paths is a crapshoot since he is so high in a lot of cases.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I got him by parking over/near the place where Tehd and Marius are (I love those two). I had hopped to a low pop realm, saw no hunters and then a bird started biting my butt so I tamed it! I even saw an orc on another realm tame it but I didn't interfere because it's super rude.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
IronJaw

Unread post by IronJaw »

Ok, it was more than 8 hours of camping for me - still no Netherbeak :( When I was AFK I still left my hunter at the point, so if he is dead when I come back - at least I know Netherbeak was here. But still nothing. I submitted a report in the game, maybe he is just broken on my realm and not flying on this point?
ParagonOfHonor
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by ParagonOfHonor »

SO does anyone have a definitive spawn timer?

ALSO does he maintain his height constantly? or is there a noticeable slope? i guess what i am asking is should i fly up and down at all, or just around? as in hold my altitude?

and what i assume you mean by rail is it's not totally set in stone. it's as it he can go forward, but he's inside a big tube, big enough that he can turn around. (i don't really understand.)

Im just sitting here, getting paranoid just like everyone else. Luckily i'm on a relatively dead realm, so he's bound to show up eventually....

Can't wait for Lalathin btw.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

8 hours seems excessive, even for him. That is strange :\

As for how high he flies, he definitely slopes and rises. His southern and eastern paths, for example, slope quite a bit.
IronJaw

Unread post by IronJaw »

It does seem weird, especially since there no other hunters camping, I was alone whole time, so it doesen't look like I just lost it to other hunter. I start to believe it might be just not working on my realm. If someone from horde side wants to help me, my tag is IronJaw#21589
ParagonOfHonor

ALSO question. how attentive do i need to be? do i need to be like watching the screen and listening for the stealth sound que like 24/7 or can i be like playing destiny and just wait for it to like fly by peck me to death?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

ParagonOfHonor wrote:ALSO question. how attentive do i need to be? do i need to be like watching the screen and listening for the stealth sound que like 24/7 or can i be like playing destiny and just wait for it to like fly by peck me to death?
last I recall, he hits in the realm of 200k, plus falling damage if he dazes you off the mount. He is aggressive so he if aggros, he will come out of stealth and you can tame from there. Just got to make sure you don't die. I would advise being attentive, or at least be in a position where you can switch over quickly.
ParagonOfHonor

alright thx. i think its just a little difficult to find the EXACT placement, and i am a little lazy
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Well luckily, when it comes to camping at the top of the peak above the structure, theres some wiggle room. What I do is hover a little above the half moon thats on top of the structure that Tehd is in. Heres a screenshot. at the bottom you can see how far I am from the half moon on top. He will definitely get you here when he flies by.