Any luck with Jetwing?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Any luck with Jetwing?

Unread post by Shade »

Been flying around looking for this one for a bit now-looking for any tips. Have read and studied everything on WowHead and here.
soukyugurentai
Realm: US-BlizzardPrison

Re: Any luck with Jetwing?

Unread post by soukyugurentai »

Yup just got him at 47,47.

Was recording video too, but I doubt you need it.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

Congrats!

And huh, thanks! Everything I've seen was putting him closer to the Valorwind Lake, so I've been hugging that area really close. Drat,I'm going to have to camp a wider area than I thought. Was he patting any on your find or was he mostly just in that one area?
soukyugurentai
Realm: US-BlizzardPrison

Unread post by soukyugurentai »

Shade wrote:Congrats!

And huh, thanks! Everything I've seen was putting him closer to the Valorwind Lake, so I've been hugging that area really close. Drat,I'm going to have to camp a wider area than I thought. Was he patting any on your find or was he mostly just in that one area?
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mvpfnn_qxU
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Anyone know what sort of timer Jetwing is on?

Dammerung
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Dammerung »

Talihawk wrote:Anyone know what sort of timer Jetwing is on?
Ive been flying between Hiri'watha, Quel'danil, Skulk rock and Alter of Zul for the last 3 hours or so. No idea when it was last seen before I got there so im guessing its on a fairly long timer.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

So it seems ;(

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

A lot of the old world rares are. If I see it and any of you guys, I'll holler.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Whilst many old world rares are like that, I don't think that is the reason for why you haven't seen it. You have probably been jumping through different shards (the game can force this to happen).
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Shade »

Got him! Was flying the area and checking the Questing Group finder for anyone in Hinterlands off and on-found a nice rogue who was there and asked if they wouldn't mind if I joined them to check on his server-found Jetwing right away.

He was flying (much faster than the alli-freindly gryphons out there) between Valorwind lake and the Altar of Zul.

Good luck hunting guys!
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

Wow finally caught him at around 5:30ish am on Dalaran, close to the elven city and the lake. Woot!

evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Donavan-Dalaran tamed Jetwing at 5:13am realm time, so it maybe a 24 hour respawn time.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Was lucky today and was able to tame Jetwing at 4:30am Alleria realm time. Spawns randomly as I had started camping the same area the last tame was in and never saw Jet, but few a round at around 4:25am and he was flying buy the lake. Seems to have a 23 to 24 hour respawn time, as both have been around the 4:20am EST or 2:20am PST time. Used the Concussive shot, dismount, free fall then disengage trick. Goodluck everyone hoping this helps.

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

I concur that this guy has a super long respawn time, not sure if it's a full 24h but it's definitely the longest of any Feathermane. I camped a long time (going through a lot of Netflix) and eventually found him server hopping early in the morning. At first lots of Hunters were stopping by but they eventually lost interest when it became clear how long the respawn is. Most of the time I was there alone.

Since you can only hop to people in the same zone, I brought one of my low level characters on another realm to Hinterlands and used them to do the hopping through group finder. You'll have to make sure the other character is on a different realm type (PVE, PVP, RP) or else you may just get put in the same server because of CRZ.

Attachments
gryphons.jpg
gryphons.jpg (618.89 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Man, I find jetwing every time I go to the hinterlands. I'm looking at him right now even. :l

He even sat still and let me take a nice picture!

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

It's probably because you're on a RP-PvP server, and that's only going to CRZ with other RP-PVP in your time zone, where a regular PVE or PVP realm can have literally a dozen or more realms on the same instance of the zone (I wouldn't be surprised if every single PVE realm on a particular data center was on the same instance of Hinterlands). Makes the low level zones feel a bit more alive since you still see players all the time, but lots more competition for Hunter pets!
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Is he up for anyone and can I get an invite if he is lol btag Oom#1448 ally side
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Bendak wrote:It's probably because you're on a RP-PvP server, and that's only going to CRZ with other RP-PVP in your time zone, where a regular PVE or PVP realm can have literally a dozen or more realms on the same instance of the zone (I wouldn't be surprised if every single PVE realm on a particular data center was on the same instance of Hinterlands). Makes the low level zones feel a bit more alive since you still see players all the time, but lots more competition for Hunter pets!
Yup, big reason I love ED. I hate CRZ with a burning passion.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Bendak wrote:I concur that this guy has a super long respawn time, not sure if it's a full 24h but it's definitely the longest of any Feathermane. I camped a long time (going through a lot of Netflix) and eventually found him server hopping early in the morning. At first lots of Hunters were stopping by but they eventually lost interest when it became clear how long the respawn is. Most of the time I was there alone.
After reading this, I feel a little bad I had such an easy time getting Jetwing the other day lol. I just flew to Hinterlands and there he was, waiting to be tamed. I only saw one other Hunter on my way there, but they weren't in Hinterlands. I am on a PvE realm, so not seeing a bunch of Hunters there was surprising.

I guess getting Jetwing is the games way of trying to make me feel better after camping Snowblind multiple times and not having him spawn after I destroyed the nest xD at least I have one gryphon finally!

Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

No idea how long he was up but I found him just now roughly 13 hours or so after server restart