Fire scorpion tomorrow!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tsundere

Re: Fire scorpion tomorrow!

Unread post by Tsundere »

I logged onto WrA and started killing the regular scorpions. I know there is no concrete evidence but one spawned (then tamed) at 4:43am realm time. It has a golden dragon portrait and it spawned in the central pool. NPCscan only picked it up when i scrolled over it so make sure you're not just sitting and waiting for it to pick up a ping, scroll around the map (with beast tracking on) just to make sure one isn't up.

Good luck all.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Myzou wrote:What is it with Blizzard and long respawns on hunter pets?

Why don't they understand standing there competing with other hunters for hours, which turns into months, isn't fun?

A lot of people think longer respawns make it 'rarer', or that it's 'working' for a pet.

Waiting on RNGsus and praying you don't get griefed while sitting is hardly work, it's just boring and awful.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Zoned in to Molten front on WRA at 2 PM realm time and he was already up, sitting in a pool of lava. Not sure what the timer was since last tame, but I can confirm at least that you can find him without having done any quests in the Front itself!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Tsundere

Unread post by Tsundere »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Zoned in to Molten front on WRA at 2 PM realm time and he was already up, sitting in a pool of lava. Not sure what the timer was since last tame, but I can confirm at least that you can find him without having done any quests in the Front itself!
Mine was almost at 5am that same day, wished we knew more reports because that's a 9hr timer between ours and surely it can't be that long. Congratulations BTW :D
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Lucked out. Was there for two minutes competing with like 6 other hunters and got it! He spawned at this pool. So happy!

ScvgrHyena
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by ScvgrHyena »

Okay so I just tamed the Lost Emberspit Scorpion, it spawns every 1-3 hours (from what another hunter told me who had been camping 8 plus hours), it has a golden dragon around the portrait marking it as an elite (note not a silver dragon or a rare spawn tag so hence it is considered a regular elite mob). It will show up as a yellow neutral dot on the map, it will be really deep within the lava pool, like under the lava. So deep in fact you’ll only see the name above the surface. It spawns in the lava pools in the Magma Springs near where the rare spider Anthriss spawns in the Molten Front so you’ll need to be at least 85-110 and have done the 3 days of dailies to unlock the Molten Front (as well as half of Mount Hyjal questing area to unlock the starting quests for the Molten Front.)

I was camping on and off through the night and it spawned on my cross realm server at 11pm PST, I did not tame it though (another horde hunter did). I then logged on in the morning at 8:30 am PST and did not see it up; at around 9:10 am PST I got a whisper from someone on Proudmoore/Lightninghoof (a PVP server) if I wanted the pet. I said yes and they gave me they’re Bnet info. After we Bnet friended each other they invited me to their group and said that they already tamed the scorpion on their main and was trying to get it on their level 42 alt but couldn’t. Once they invited me to their group it showed up on my map but I couldn’t see it as it was under the lava, the other hunter then put a raid mark on it so I could see it and tame. (I could also tell I was now cross realmed onto their server by the fact that I became flagged for PVP and Anthriss the rare was now up and staring at me in the face). I abandoned my trash pet and then hit tame. No special taming gimmick or traps needed, since it’s neutral it won’t even attack you. Only damage you might take is from the lava, I want to say it was at my level (110) but I was too excited to check. I then thanked them and then went back to my cross realm server (PVE).

I would like to thank the Tauren hunter from Proudmoore/Lightninghoof for inviting me to their group and for letting me tame the scorpion! I hope this information helps.

-Ramayana-Shandris (H)/Janeway-Shandris (A)
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Since it's so heavily camped, and since it scales to level, I'd nuke it a bit then tame. Mine had about 6.5m hp and I didn't want any other hunter pulling it off me lol
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Found one on WRA before a server shutdown, wasn't anyone else around. It didn't actually show up on the minimap or anything until I was close, almost as if it were stealthed (but it didn't seem to have a stealth affect on it). It WAS totally hidden beneath the lava too. Found it way near the back, kinda towards where Anthriss (the rare yellow spider) spawns. Hopefully doesn't matter, but I have Molten Front totally unlocked.

EDIT: Pardon me, I didn't see that there was a second page of posts and basically everyone has said what I have. I'LL JUST SLIDE ON OUTTA HERE

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I need to go grab this critter.

Edit: Poor thing's leg is still broken? :( Then again, aren't we all broken in some way or another?

*hugs fire scorpid*

*gets third degree burns*
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Also, I've noticed MG and WrA are CRZ'd together often. It's really tough to put together a timer.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Rainfella

Unread post by Rainfella »

Coming out of the stealth to shame another hunter who stole my tame after learning that i was camping for 4 hours. Made me angry for replying "wasnt aware it was reserved".

Sent a pic about the steal tame to bliz asking for them to change the design of this tame...

Good luck to our hunter friends.

Update: managed to tame it 9:20 in the morning, Brasília timezone, after camping for 11 hours. Farstriders server. Woot!
Chinafarmer
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Chinafarmer »

I was lucky. Yesterday I learned about this new tameable. Before I went to bed I checked for it (and had to find out again how to get to the molten front). Nada, but 3 Hunters camping. This morning I started WoW after geting up. Nada, but one Hunter camping for 1,5 hours, who told me to go away with a wink. After breakfast I locked back in and tadaa, no more hunters but one lost fire scorpion, or whatever the name is.

And while he was there at that moment I also tamed Anthriss.

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Parked my hunter in the molten front and have been logging in and out of her sporadically to check for this guy. Each time I would log in there was about 5-6 hunters in the area, so I wasn't going to stick around and try to camp alongside the others and risk getting into a fight over the tame.

Logged in yesterday and spotted him immediately in the pool of lava over by where the yellow spider spawned-he is in the first pool closest to the entrance of the area before you get to the yellow spider's cave.. Had nameplates turned on, otherwise I wouldn't have spotted him, he really does hide in the pool so deep that it is hard to see him otherwise.