Cinderwolf tamable!?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Daetur
Realm: US- Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Cinderwolf tamable!?

Unread post by Daetur »

My shaman is only level 100, but his summoned Spirit Wolves are classified as Beasts.

Is it possible that this was achieved through dueling a shaman and taming their summoned wolves?
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Daetur wrote:My shaman is only level 100, but his summoned Spirit Wolves are classified as Beasts.

Is it possible that this was achieved through dueling a shaman and taming their summoned wolves?
Is there someway we can test this to see if hunters are able to tame these wolves?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I cannot imagine in a million years this would be possible. They aren't flagged as tameable in the database (that I could tell) and even if they were, it would probably be one of those "beast already controlled" type errors. HOWEVER, I have a Shaman friend and we will try this tonight for science! It wouldn't be the strangest bug ever!
Hewolfke
Realm: Quel-thalas

Unread post by Hewolfke »

got a picture! Cinderwolves in action...
Attachments
cinderwolves in action.jpg
cinderwolves in action.jpg (194.34 KiB) Viewed 2388 times
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Those do look like fel wolves with a buff on them, but I could be wrong. I'd like to be wrong :P
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Hewolfke wrote:got a picture! Cinderwolves in action...
Those are spawned by enhancement shaman spell 'Feral Spirit', that summons ghost wolves. With the 'Doom Wolves' trait in Doomhammer, they get icy, fire-y, or electric-y appearance. I can even see the 'Zandalar Champion' hidden skin for Doomhammer in the mix there, so there's def an enhance shaman fighting there with you.

Side note: if, as an enhancement shaman, you use glyph of spirit raptor + the Doom Wolves trait, you will sometimes spawn mobs that look like Gon.

Edit: whether or not these mobs are tamable via oversight or some bug, idk.
funk#1402

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Its also very hard to see, but theres a lost emberspit sporpid in there too. Thats where the titan thunder is coming from. Hard to tell.

I want to believe!
Pystol
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Pystol »

I've seen a few hunters with this supposed 'Cinder wolf' but every time I click on said wolf, it had a buff on it that made it turn that way.
Needless to say, I don't think its a tamed wolf, it was given a bugged buff that won't come off.

Would be nice to have one become tamable in the future though!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As I brought up at the beginning of the first page, it is a buff obtained by a WQ on the Broken Shore. It is not intended for pets to keep this buff, since it also increases haste and movement speed by a great amount.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Yeah its probably a misunderstanding on what was seen. Wanted to give the benefit of the doubt though, but the screenshot doesn't clarify it being a hunter pet especially with a shaman right there and another hunter pet shooting the lightning.

FWIW its definitely not the shaman spirit wolves, though I can't imagine any of us really thought so.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's really quite simple. If you were present you could see the name and realm of the Hunter. Send us an Armory link and it would be complete confirmation.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Daetur
Realm: US- Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Daetur »

Quiv wrote:Yeah its probably a misunderstanding on what was seen. Wanted to give the benefit of the doubt though, but the screenshot doesn't clarify it being a hunter pet especially with a shaman right there and another hunter pet shooting the lightning.

FWIW its definitely not the shaman spirit wolves, though I can't imagine any of us really thought so.

Thanks for confirming- that's the only other source of that model to my knowledge, and the only other is classified as elementals, which is why I suggested it- as unlikely as it was, there's really no other possible source of that creature we know of in-game. Hard to do anything more without concrete information- I'm also inclined to agree that this is either a buff on the pets, or a case of mistaking shaman wolves as hunter pets.
Hewolfke
Realm: Quel-thalas

Unread post by Hewolfke »

Acherontia wrote:Really curious as to whether he was in NA or EU, as in, 7.2.5 or not.
Attachments
cinderwolves in action.jpg
cinderwolves in action.jpg (194.34 KiB) Viewed 2388 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yeah, that is a Shaman's wolf. You can see the Shaman standing on the other side of the mob, wielding the hidden appearance for Doomhammer.