7.3 beast images

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: 7.3 beast images

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Hmm true. Gotta go ask for their passports then!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They were originally a species native to Argus, but were brought with the Draenei when they fled. The Draenor and Argus species look different due to 25k years of evolution.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I've not heard of that lore before. It kinda makes sence but it kind of does not. Not really important really but I kinda wish they made something new.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is new lore. Didn't exist prior to 7.3.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

cowmuflage wrote:I've not heard of that lore before. It kinda makes sence but it kind of does not. Not really important really but I kinda wish they made something new.

I think it's plausible; Talbuks only exist in areas where there are Draenei settlements in Draenor.

I don't think there are any Talbuks in Frostfire Ridge and Bladespire.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There aren't. There was never any lore, to my immediate knowledge, that said Talbuks are native to Draenor, so it works out.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

pop wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I've not heard of that lore before. It kinda makes sence but it kind of does not. Not really important really but I kinda wish they made something new.

I think it's plausible; Talbuks only exist in areas where there are Draenei settlements in Draenor.

Maybe I guess? Nagrand has the most and there are more Orc settlements there. I just feel like seeing as they made all these new beasts for Argus they could of just made something new.

Also can someone point me to this new lore? I'd like to read it.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

It's not written I think but the logical déduction of Talbuks on Argus. (It does make sense for the people in exil to keep their working beast if nothing else, I think)
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

cowmuflage wrote:
pop wrote:

Maybe I guess? Nagrand has the most and there are more Orc settlements there. I just feel like seeing as they made all these new beasts for Argus they could of just made something new.

Also can someone point me to this new lore? I'd like to read it.
Nagrand probably the closest original Argus environment that they once roam hence why they flourished there. Oshugun crashed there and there are significant draenei sites too, so it's not that far fetched.

It's the same way how camels from the middle east thrives in Australia, but there are certainly more Europeans than people of Middle Eastern descent in Australia.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Even if they didn't come from Argus to Draenor, they could still logically exist on both. We have wolves, tigers, all kinds of other critters and creatures, existing on both Azeroth and Draenor, so why not a (made-up) type of antelope? It wouldn't be convergent evolution, after all, since in the Warcraft universe the Titans made everything and presumably liked to re-use their models, just like game developers :D . At least the models look different, to give them local flavour.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:They were originally a species native to Argus, but were brought with the Draenei when they fled. The Draenor and Argus species look different due to 25k years of evolution.
Just curious where this is mentioned. I wanted to look it up :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It was mentioned in some string data for a World Quest or something like that. As of right now, WQs aren't implemented on Argus, but I suspect they will be within the next few builds. Even if this wasn't so, it makes sense that Talbuks are originally from Argus since we are finding them there. They are being used by the surviving Krokul/Draenei as mounts, ans that has been the case for the past 25k years.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! I'll have to search for it.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Wain wrote:Even if they didn't come from Argus to Draenor, they could still logically exist on both. We have wolves, tigers, all kinds of other critters and creatures, existing on both Azeroth and Draenor, so why not a (made-up) type of antelope? It wouldn't be convergent evolution, after all, since in the Warcraft universe the Titans made everything and presumably liked to re-use their models, just like game developers :D . At least the models look different, to give them local flavour.
True that's most likely it. For all we know Talbuk could just be a generic name fore antelope or something.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Actually, the Titans didn't make everything. All worlds and the creatures upon them (including the Titans), were created from Shards of Light that were flung out into the Great Dark Beyond after the Light amd Void collided. The Titans explored many worlds, but Argus was not one of those worlds.

If it was, the Titans would've made note of a world soul being there. They would have ordered it and added the same systems that Azeroth had. But no, they only discovered two during their time: the one that Sargeras cleaved in half (whilst it was still in the "womb"), and Azeroth. They never knew about Argus and the fact that it had one. As such, it developed solely on its one without the Titan's designs and blueprints.
Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

While I don't personally like the panthera too much, they are pretty, and I appreciate those butterfly-wing like appendages they've got going on.

I just hope that warpstalker is tamable, and that there's somewhere to find those GORGEOUS dark blue and orange mana rays.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I need multiple leafy glow-cat-lizards. And a few wonderfully garish mana rays. And a Draenei to mind them. Because I need another hunter. I'm trying to convince myself that I'd be happy if the Marsuul has a minipet version and my Draenei paladin could have it and that would be fine. But, I think I'm going to be leveling a Draenei now. Assuming these are tameable. I'll wait until I know.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Alrighty! Another build, and more beasts :D

First up are the Flashfoot Marsuul and the Marsuul Kits. They are Lvl 110. No diet atm. Located at the Triumvirate's End. Also found the Flashfoots and kits at Azurelight Square and the Ruins of Oronaar. The Flashfoot is the yellow one, and the kits are the blue ones.

Next is the Ancient Skyfin. It is the dark blue and orange Mana Ray. It is Lvl 110. Untamable and without a diet. Also found in the Triumvirate's End, flying a fair distance above the area. Can only be shot in a few spots.

There are also Skyfin Mana Rays in the same area as the Ancient Skyfins. They are a teal Mana Ray. Lvl 110. Untamable and no diet.

In Azurelight Square, I have found four more beasts thus far. First is the Chitinbuk Ruinwalker and the Ruinwalker Calf. Lvl 110. Untamable and no diet. As you can see, the Chitinbuk is the tan variant, and the calf the white varient The next is the Springstep Marsuul. Untamable and no diet. Light blue and orange variant. Finally, there is the Frenzied Wurm, which is a void-tainted Mana Worm. Dark purple variant. Despite this, it is friendly. Lvl 110.

Further exploring, I found the Ruinwalker Stag. Purple variant. Lvl 110. Untamable and no diet.

Skyfin Mana Ray Update. They seem to have variants amongst them. Found the purple variant in the Ruins of Oronaar. Lvl 110. Untamable and no diet. Update 2: They seem to be found in almost all areas of Mac'Aree.
Attachments
Flashfoot and Marsuul Kits
Flashfoot and Marsuul Kits
WoWScrnShot_071117_175054.jpg (235.41 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Ancient Skyfin
Ancient Skyfin
WoWScrnShot_071117_175353.jpg (319.46 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Skyfin Mana Ray
Skyfin Mana Ray
WoWScrnShot_071117_175556.jpg (321.61 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Chitinbuk Ruinswalker
Chitinbuk Ruinswalker
WoWScrnShot_071117_175827.jpg (311.99 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Ruinswalker Calf
Ruinswalker Calf
WoWScrnShot_071117_175841.jpg (337.29 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Springstep Marsuul
Springstep Marsuul
WoWScrnShot_071117_175847.jpg (302.75 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Frenzied Wurm
Frenzied Wurm
WoWScrnShot_071117_175818.jpg (296.03 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Ruinswalker Stag
Ruinswalker Stag
WoWScrnShot_071117_180414.jpg (304.37 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Skyfin Mana Ray 2
Skyfin Mana Ray 2
WoWScrnShot_071117_180608.jpg (232.89 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Last edited by Valnaaros on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Located the Argus Ruinstalker at the Oronaar Collapse. Lvl 110 purple and red Warpstalker. Untamable and no diet.

Found a Voidstalker! Located in the Oronaar Collapse. Lvl 110. Untamable and no diet. However, it is labeled as a beast, so there is a chance that it'll be tamable :)

In Isolon Basin, I found two more Talbuks. One is the Shadowcrazed Chitinbuk, which is the purple spread-horned variant. The other is the Skittish Chitinbuk, which comes in a few variants. Both are Lvl 110, untamable, and no diet.

In Isolon, I found the Shadowseeker Panthara. Dark blue variant and dark purple variant. Lvl 110, untamable, and no diet. Also found the Shadowcrazed Marsuul, which is the light blue variant. Lvl 110, untamable, and no diet.

In a cave in the Umbra Hollows (northern Isolon Basin), I found Kaara the Pale: a Lvl 110 rare elite white Panthara. Untamable and no diet.

In northern Ruins of Oronaar is a Lvl 110 rare elite Talbuk named Crazed Baruut. White spread-horned variant. Untamable and no diet.
Attachments
Argus Ruinstalker
Argus Ruinstalker
WoWScrnShot_071117_180952.jpg (369.97 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Voidstalker 1
Voidstalker 1
WoWScrnShot_071117_181341.jpg (299.63 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Voidstalker 2
Voidstalker 2
WoWScrnShot_071117_181249.jpg (300.27 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Shadowcrazed Chitinbuk and Skittish Chitinbuk
Shadowcrazed Chitinbuk and Skittish Chitinbuk
WoWScrnShot_071117_181640.jpg (389.85 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Shadowseeker Panthara
Shadowseeker Panthara
WoWScrnShot_071117_181907.jpg (138.13 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Shadowcrazed Marsuul
Shadowcrazed Marsuul
WoWScrnShot_071117_182129.jpg (283.3 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Kaara the Pale
Kaara the Pale
WoWScrnShot_071117_182405.jpg (90.9 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Crazed Baruut
Crazed Baruut
WoWScrnShot_071117_182651.jpg (317.26 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

In an area north of the Oronaar Collapse is the Panthara Shadowfang. Comes in the brown/purple and the blue variants. Lvl 110, untamable, and no diet.

In this same area is the Void Streaker and Void Nibbler; both of which are dark purple mana wyrms. Lvl 110, untamable, no diet.

There is also the Voracious Umbralfin and the Umbrafin. Both share the pinkish purple variant. The former is a Lvl 110 rare elite, whilst the latter is just 110. Both are untamable and have no diet.

In the northern section of the Umbral Hollows are the Voidgorged Stalker and the Voidstalker Alpha. The former is Lvl 110, untamable, no diet. The latter's name is listed as a placeholder, but is a 110 rare elite, untamable, no diet.

There is a 110 rare elite Panthara in the eastern section of the Umbral Hollows called the Chaos Prowler. Purple variant. Untamable and no diet.

Strangely enough, both the demonic larvae and the flying bat creatures (Which are insects), are both labeled as beasts. I rather doubt that these will be made tamable, but I am still cataloging them for completion's sake. Both are Lvl 110, untamable, and have no diets. Come in various colors.

Just northwest of the Seat of the Triumvirate, I found three more beasts: Magechaser Marsuul (also found in the Conservatory of the Arcane), Chitinbuk Grazer (also found in the Conservatory of the Arcane), and... Feasel the Muffin Thief ;D

The Magechaser is a Lvl 110, untamable purple Marsuul. The Grazer is a Lvl 110 untamable white or tan talbuk that comes in normal and spread horns. And Feasel is a Lvl 110 rare elite light blue Marsuul that is currently untamable and has no diet.

In the Wakener's Enclave, there is another Panthara called the Manafeeder Panthara. It has a baseline blue variant, but changes to the purple one when charged with the Arcane. Is Lvl 110, untamable, and has no diet.
Attachments
Panthara Shadowfang
Panthara Shadowfang
WoWScrnShot_071117_183101.jpg (235.75 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Void Streaker
Void Streaker
WoWScrnShot_071117_183228.jpg (206.08 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Voracious Umbralfin
Voracious Umbralfin
WoWScrnShot_071117_183248.jpg (327.68 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
(PH) Voidstalker Alpha
(PH) Voidstalker Alpha
WoWScrnShot_071117_183830.jpg (94.67 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Chaos Prowler
Chaos Prowler
WoWScrnShot_071117_184107.jpg (199.76 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Demonfly Acidmaw and Acidmaw Larvae
Demonfly Acidmaw and Acidmaw Larvae
WoWScrnShot_071117_184847.jpg (312 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Magechaser Marsuul
Magechaser Marsuul
WoWScrnShot_071117_185538.jpg (216.44 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Chitinbuk Grazer
Chitinbuk Grazer
WoWScrnShot_071117_185554.jpg (288.45 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Feasel the Muffin Thief
Feasel the Muffin Thief
WoWScrnShot_071117_185629.jpg (285.33 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Baseline Manfeeder
Baseline Manfeeder
WoWScrnShot_071117_191157.jpg (292.29 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
Last edited by Valnaaros on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.