Does ICC lockout trick work in DS?

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Does ICC lockout trick work in DS?

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Even after reading every tip and trick also watching the stuff on YouTube on how to solo the spine it is still a pain and got me wondering is it possible to use the lockout trick from ICC. I clear DS up to spine solo with an alt then invite a friend and together we take out the spine after which I make a group for my alts and invite them to have them finish the raid. Basically the same as ICC where we cleared to Arthas then invited alts till one got lucky for the mount. I only need one more drake for my emerald and it is at the end of DS.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Does ICC lockout trick work in DS?

Unread post by Vephriel »

Unfortunately Dragon Soul doesn't work like ICC, and it's really frustrating. :( I still need the mounts from Deathwing too, but having to clear it every week is tedious and I don't always feel like doing it.

I still don't know why they don't normalize old raids, every expansion seems to have its own set of rules. I bookmarked this a little while ago to help remind me, if this helps: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15271089594
Lockouts at a Glance
Raid lockouts limit the number of times a character can kill a boss in a week for a chance at obtaining loot from that boss. Throughout the years, different raid lockout systems have been used, and multiple systems exist in the game depending on the system used at the time a raid was introduced.

To check your current raid lockouts press your ‘O’ key in-game, select the Raid tab, and click on Raid Info in the upper right. This will display your current lockouts, and time left until they reset.

There are three types of raid lockouts used in the game.

Loot-based Lockout
Used for: All Raid Finder raids, Siege of Orgrimmar Normal/Heroic, Warlords raids Normal/Heroic.

You can kill a boss as many times per week as you like, but only loot it once per difficulty.
Anyone can join anyone’s instance.
Bosses are never locked to you, and you can always go back and kill them later even if you’ve skipped them by joining a group that had progressed further.
Raid sizes can be anywhere from 10 to 30 players, and difficulty automatically scales to match.

Flexible Boss-based Lockout
Used for: Normal difficulty raids from Wrath of the Lich King through Throne of Thunder.

You can only kill a boss once per week, and you may not enter an instance where a boss is alive that you have already defeated that week.
You can move from group to group during a week as long as you’re joining instances that don’t have bosses alive you’ve already killed.
If you enter an instance that is more progressed than your own and get saved to it, you will be locked to all prior bosses.
You can move between 10 and 25 raid size, given these constraints.

Strict Instance-based Lockout
Used for: All classic raids (Molten Core through Sunwell), Heroic difficulty of Wrath of the Lich King raids through Throne of Thunder, and all Mythic difficulty raids.

Progress is tied to a fixed instance ID. Once tied to an instance ID, you may not enter any other versions of that raid of that difficulty until your raid lock resets.
If other players complete that instance while you are absent, the instance will be empty for you as well, because progress is tied to the instance, and not your character.
You may not switch between 10-player and 25-player raid size once locked to one size or the other (does not apply to Mythic which is 20-player only).
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Dang that stinks oh well thank you for the answer.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

As much as used to think DS was a pita, I'd rather keep running DS compared to SoO Mythic now.... my god that place is so fricken long :shock:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I am not seeing this in my journal but can we now do DS on LFR and does that mount still drop or does it only drop on heroic like Invincible sorry for so many questions.
Vephriel

You can still do LFR versions, but they don't drop the mounts, and you don't do them in a group of random people, it's whoever's in your group with you at the time (even if it's just by yourself). (The only LFR boss I can think of right now that does drop a mount is the new naga Mistress from ToS honestly, usually mounts are only from normal and above)

The only reason to do LFR Dragon Soul now would be for specific transmog looks. If you do want to do it, just talk to the NPC who stands outside the raid entrance. You can solo queue for the LFR version of the wings.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

You didn't specify which mount you need... I assume it's the Blazing Drake, which can be gotten on normal or heroic mode.

LFR does not drop any mounts (minus the new Abyss Worm) and achievements cannot be done on LFR in almost all cases.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

peanutbuttercup wrote:You didn't specify which mount you need... I assume it's the Blazing Drake, which can be gotten on normal or heroic mode.

LFR does not drop any mounts (minus the new Abyss Worm) and achievements cannot be done on LFR in almost all cases.
Sorry yes it is the blazing I need to wake the drakes.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

peanutbuttercup wrote: LFR does not drop any mounts (minus the new Abyss Worm) and achievements cannot be done on LFR in almost all cases.
Ok, so I didn't not know that.... time to always bonus roll that one now :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

How would one go about doing spine on a 904 BM hunter I have no problem slaughtering everything up to it but once I hit it all goes to the nether I try running around getting those things to follow me I have tried standing still so he doesn't roll everytime though same old story Deathwing rolls my hunter goes splat.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I've been doing it on my druid... So I'm not sure if this will help. But kill EVERYTHING when you first get on. Kill all the tendrils, kill all the oozes. Kill everything, then go stand on one of the empty spots where one of the tendrils were. This will force Deathwing to roll, but you will be stuck in place. From there, things should be a little more manageable. Just keep moving from left to right.
If you need everything cleared off for you because you're getting overwhelmed, go ahead and kill the tendrils again and stand on a spot. Deathwing rolling will force all mobs to be blown off his back. So I wouldn't recommend doing this if you have one of the big guys already full of a few slimes. Just when you don't have one full of much stuff and are getting too many too fast.
If that makes any sense.

TL;DR. Standing in a spot where the tendrils were after you killed them will keep you stuck to deathwing when he rolls, and when he rolls, he clears all mobs off your back so you can regain your composure for a little bit.

Siggy under construction!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

SpiritBinder wrote:
peanutbuttercup wrote: LFR does not drop any mounts (minus the new Abyss Worm) and achievements cannot be done on LFR in almost all cases.
Supposedly it can't be bonus rolled (not sure how you'd go about testing that really... I know Ruhkmar's mount was confirmed by devs as being not bonus rollable) but several people on Wowhead said they've gotten it on LFR. Assuming they aren't trolling and that it's intended, I'd say it's worth running LFR for an extra chance each week. I've been doing normal and heroic Mistress as well.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Bowno wrote:I've been doing it on my druid... So I'm not sure if this will help. But kill EVERYTHING when you first get on. Kill all the tendrils, kill all the oozes. Kill everything, then go stand on one of the empty spots where one of the tendrils were. This will force Deathwing to roll, but you will be stuck in place. From there, things should be a little more manageable. Just keep moving from left to right.
If you need everything cleared off for you because you're getting overwhelmed, go ahead and kill the tendrils again and stand on a spot. Deathwing rolling will force all mobs to be blown off his back. So I wouldn't recommend doing this if you have one of the big guys already full of a few slimes. Just when you don't have one full of much stuff and are getting too many too fast.
If that makes any sense.

TL;DR. Standing in a spot where the tendrils were after you killed them will keep you stuck to deathwing when he rolls, and when he rolls, he clears all mobs off your back so you can regain your composure for a little bit.
Just to add on to this:

I keep pet on passive. Start as noted above, kill everything, force a roll by standing in an empty tentacle spot to clear the area. From that point on you will need to shuffle side to side to stop him from rolling again. The rolling mechanic has been heavily nerfed and you don't need to move non stop, just every few seconds.

Grab the big add (or MD it to your passive pet, up to you). Single target the oozes. Move Pet the big add or move yourself over the fire puddles left by the oozes so that the big add absorbs the fire puddles. You need 9 stacks of fire on big add for the armor phase. At 9 stacks take the big add to one side of the armor plate in the front, knock it to low health, and wait for it to explode. Kill the tendon that is revealed under the plate.

If you get gripped by a tentacle at any point, send your pet in to kill it. Another big add will spawn but you can either kill it outright or ignore it and roll it off to reset between armor plates.

Repeat 2 more times. It actually gets easier towards the end because so many oozes = getting 9 stacks easy.
Vephriel

Spine is very annoying to do, but it's not terrible once you get the routine down. As others have said, the best way is to just keep strafing left and right to cancel the incoming roll. It's movement heavy and might take a couple of tries to get down, but if you use Deadly Boss Mods it's even easier because you can just listen for the audio warnings and time yourself accordingly. Other than that I just put my pet on passive, pick one of the amalgamations to keep alive, and then wait for 9 blobs to gather (you can also do them one by one, but I've found it easier to just wait for them to accumulate and get it done all at once). I carefully kill them one by one (multi-shot risks killing the amalgamation) and then run the amalg over the big puddle and bring him up to the front. Rinse and repeat.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Quick question here I am about to run DS heroic 10 up to spine is it possible once I reach the spine which is my lockout to invite a friend to help me with it or would they not be allowed all these different lockouts confuse me so sorry for asking so many questions trying to understand and thank you for all help given.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Iowawolf wrote:Quick question here I am about to run DS heroic 10 up to spine is it possible once I reach the spine which is my lockout to invite a friend to help me with it or would they not be allowed all these different lockouts confuse me so sorry for asking so many questions trying to understand and thank you for all help given.
You can invite them in at that point but once you kill Spine it will save them to your lockout, so if they wanted to do a separate DS heroic run the same week they would not be able to.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Thank you all for the help answering my questions but until they decide to allow us to skip this stupid spine as they now let us skip green drake in ICC I am done trying to run this stupid thing and waste my time. I have tried several times but each time I get lost or frustrated and just hearth out because it isn't worth getting mad at the game when it isn't Deathwings fault.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

peanutbuttercup wrote:
SpiritBinder wrote:
Supposedly it can't be bonus rolled (not sure how you'd go about testing that really... I know Ruhkmar's mount was confirmed by devs as being not bonus rollable) but several people on Wowhead said they've gotten it on LFR. Assuming they aren't trolling and that it's intended, I'd say it's worth running LFR for an extra chance each week. I've been doing normal and heroic Mistress as well.
The mount "drops" the way that, um... well, it doesn't drop on the boss, if that makes sense—it goes directly into your bags as soon as the boss dies, while with personal loot you still have to loot the actual boss. That's been my indicator of whether something is bonus rollable or not for a while, though I don't think it's consistent—illusions are presumably bonus rollable because you loot them off the boss, while the abyss wyrm wouldn't be because you get it as soon as the boss dies and not when you loot the boss.

Obviously that strat falls apart on world bosses, who give you all their loot as soon as they die and don't require looting, but at least it works for LFR lol :x
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Xella wrote:The mount "drops" the way that, um... well, it doesn't drop on the boss, if that makes sense—it goes directly into your bags as soon as the boss dies, while with personal loot you still have to loot the actual boss.
Yup, finally saw the Abyss Worm drop for someone and it dropped straight into their bags as soon as the boss died. They didn't even notice it until I congratulated them. :roll:
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

I've done DS on every class (from at least level 100) and the easiest way to do it is just kill the tendrils then constantly run back and forth killing the blood and avoiding any aoe so you don't accidently set off the mob before he is ready to go nuclear at 10 stacks. When it is ready line it up on the back then just keep moving back and forth while you break loose the armor. Rinse and repeat.

The hardest part is to avoiding the tedious boredom of doing it over and over again once you get the rhythm down and keep trying to collect all the mounts off Deathwing. I've gotten all but the Handmaiden one from him (and the Experimental one but that's a pre-spine boss).