Argus Pet Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Possible Argus Pets?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I've tried those combos and many more. Nothing seems to work.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Panthara is now mine after going through the opening quests and getting to first flight path I found her by the world boss dude, Garothi Obliterator so cool I got my Panthara.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I decided to separate the talbuk looks into the different horn shapes:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/legion73.php#argustalbuks

I'm unsure how accurate the tameable/unavailable data for each is at the moment.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It looks pretty accurate, Wain. :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I swear I saw an orange talbuk with sideward horns over in Mac'Aree, but now I can't find them. It wasn't a rarespawn, just one of the usual cannon fodder. Same with the white one on those little calf ones or whatever they were called. My game is taking ages to load, so I can't check at this moment, but when I do get it to load, I'm going to commit genocide on talbuks to find out if I was mistaken or not.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Rodents? OMG TAMABLE RAT MOUNT PLS!

I really don't mind the word rodent because irl a lot of animals are rodents; squirrels, flying squirrels, porcupines, tree porcupines, long tailed porcupines, beavers, groundhogs, gophers, chipmunks, maras, capybyras, mice, rats etc.

And on unrelated note, I think Talbuk can be an own family; there are more like antelopes than deers anyway, and have variety of looks.

And having said, I really prefer both Marsuul and Panthara to be in a single new family; maybe Argusial or something. We have too many cats and it would be more interesting to have a separate alien mammalian family.
Last edited by pop on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Chitinbuk Grazers can have both the sleek and the spread horns, as I previously reported. They come in the brown and blue variants.

The Ruinwalker Calves only have sleek horns. The Stags only have spread horns. The other Ruinwalkers with them only have sleek horns.

@Pop. Though we do have a ton of cats, Panthara are just too similar to them in practically every way to not be in the family. It is like Rylaks and Chimeras being seperate, or how originally Mana Sabers were going to have their own family.

I'm fine with Marsuuls being in Rodents and Talbuk being in Stags. They fit well in those parties. Besides, there are several families without unique abilities. Making more would just add to that problem.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Argus Pet Thread

Unread post by Novikova »

Gawd, this makes me want more stable slots. I love the panthara.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I think I can manage *ONE* more patch without more stable slots, if I only tame a marsuul. Well, and ditch my netherray for a mana ray.

But we're definitely reaching the point of we "NEED" more.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ons/stable

My stables are one away from full, and apart from the mechanical pets they're all hard to get pets. (And the mechanical ones are still annoying to get, like the 4 scorpids, the wolves, or the spiders)

The only pet I can see getting rid of is maybe the mechanical sheep, the quilen (tbh not even sure why I still have
him. Guess because it took forever for Portent to be the right color?), and the Dreamway Pup that reverted to a regular wolf. But I'd rather not have to.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Not sure if they will implement more Stable slots this patch, seeing as it may be launching in a few weeks. Thus far, every patch in Legion has launched 77 days apart. August 29th will be the 77th day since 7.2.5, and is also a Tuesday. Further, Blizz stress testing the PTR servers, which they only due when they are almost done with a Patch. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Release Candidate in a couple of weeks.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:Not sure if they will implement more Stable slots this patch, seeing as it may be launching in a few weeks. Thus far, every patch in Legion has launched 77 days apart. August 29th will be the 77th day since 7.2.5, and is also a Tuesday. Further, Blizz stress testing the PTR servers, which they only due when they are almost done with a Patch. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Release Candidate in a couple of weeks.
We were told in May that 7.3 was "at least" 6 months away.

So unless Ion was off by 2-3 months, it's not a few weeks. Lol.

Though like I said, I can squeeze *one more patch* in stable slots, but past that, we reallly need more. 8.0 would be fine, just knowledge we're getting them would be nice.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Do you recall when/where that was said in May? I don't remember anything like that but that doesn't mean anything :lol:. I hope they meant the raid itself and not the patch. The PTR feels fairly close to a release candidate for the Argus content, got some stuff to flesh out still but its come a long way..
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Ion was referring to the raid itself, Myzou, not 7.3. Blizz is able to get patches done faster, without sacrificing quality, since they are now opening the raids at a later time. Following the 77 day pattern, it will release November 14th. How many months would that be since Ion's statement? Six months.

And honestly, what else would they need to test in the ptr (aside from the raid) that would take another three months? If you have spent enough time in the ptr, you can see that it is rather polished. Still some bugs, of course, but nothing major.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:Ion was referring to the raid itself, Myzou, not 7.3. Blizz is able to get patches done faster, without sacrificing quality, since they are now opening the raids at a later time. Following the 77 day pattern, it will release November 14th. How many months would that be since Ion's statement? Six months.

And honestly, what else would they need to test in the ptr (aside from the raid) that would take another three months? If you have spent enough time in the ptr, you can see that it is rather polished. Still some bugs, of course, but nothing major.
Apparently MMO-Champion reported the article wrong:

http://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcraft-future/

The article writers themselves said 6 months away, but MMO-Champ had it reported as Ion.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Oh yeah "easily half a year away" written on April 25th. It might make it 4 months (end of Aug release), but I would be extremely shocked if it waited till end of October. What I'm waiting on is the big end of expansion game system introduction that has been happening consistently since Wrath.

Anyway this is a pet thread so I don't want to derail any more :)

OT: Still trying to figure out the Panthara trick. Hopefully its just a NYI item or something.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

I wish I had stable issues. But, I am stuck as MM as I don't care for having two pets or BMs play style and they removed my favorite spe (Survival) from the game and made it melee. But that's a subject for another topic :O
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

I do think they should increase stable slots, its an insane amount of tameable animals right now and only 50 stable slots makes it hard to choose on who to keep and who to release. I think its cool they have different style of horns :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Someone should contact the secret finders discord, and see if they can help figure out panthara taming. If the capability is in the game, they're fast workers at figuring things out.

Also, I REALLLLLY hope that white/pink mana ray makes it to argus before the patch goes live. I REALLY want another pink pet. That way I can have 2 pink pets for brez and heroism. <3
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Re: panthara taming, why don't we wait until after the next build is released, in case it turns out to be some rep item that hasn't been available up till now. If we can't see anything obvious we can start a dedciated discussion thread on panthara theorycrafting, and what has and hasn't been tried :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That's what I am thinking. They just did the taming pass with the last build, and they most likely aren't entirely done yet. Tomorrow (or whenever the next build is) will show whether or not there is an item that we need in order to tame them. If there is no obvious item, then, as Wain said, we can work amongst ourselves and with the Secret Finders to figure out how they are tamed.

Most likely, it is an item or buff of somesort. Myself and others have tried every possible combo of Hunter abilities, and nothing has worked.