Argus Pet Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Argus Pet Thread

Unread post by Loridon »

Myzou wrote:I think I can manage *ONE* more patch without more stable slots, if I only tame a marsuul. Well, and ditch my netherray for a mana ray.

But we're definitely reaching the point of we "NEED" more.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ons/stable

My stables are one away from full, and apart from the mechanical pets they're all hard to get pets. (And the mechanical ones are still annoying to get, like the 4 scorpids, the wolves, or the spiders)

The only pet I can see getting rid of is maybe the mechanical sheep, the quilen (tbh not even sure why I still have
him. Guess because it took forever for Portent to be the right color?), and the Dreamway Pup that reverted to a regular wolf. But I'd rather not have to.
When I used the search button I encountered this old topic http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 2&start=20
The time where we hoped to get 10 stable slots :roll: :P

But to be honest do we rlly need more stable slot?Are you using every pet from the stable? I'm not.
I got 50 pets now. So 5 slots left but when I reactivate my account I gonne release 7 pets. And there are still more I can release if needed. Most of them don't even got a name because I never used them after taming. I only use 6 pets active. And I have around 10 pets I used activ in the past,never gonne release them because of the memories I have with them!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm of the same opinion as you are in this, Loridon. If they gave us more, I wouldn't be upset or anything, but we really do not need more. I am sure that the vast majority of Hunters only have a few pets that they actively use. Usually, they are pets that have Hero, a Brez, a Spirit Beast, and a few other favorites.

But the remaining 50? Unless you are a huge pet collector, you won't fill them all up. Even if you did, not all of the pets will be actively used. I myself have most of my stable full, but I only use a handful of them. There are pets in there that I haven't touched in years. Many don't even have names.

I know that a few will try to give all 55 pets a time outside the stable, but that means that each pet will only get so much use before it is put away for however long. Increasing the limit will just decrease how often each pet is out.

Further, I know that many get excited at the newest rare or pet family that is made tamable, then hurry out to tame them asap. They have them out for a few weeks or so, then store them away. This cycle continues until the stable is filled with unused pets; pets that you could get rid of, since they are never used and are usually easily obtained, but won't. Instead, people ask for more slots instead of pruning back which pets they really want and which ones they don't.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Not to be a downer, but could we maybe have the stable slot discussions/opinions in another thread? :( I know people have strong opinions on it, since it comes up every patch lol, and I don't want to be that guy, but I want to read the Argus pet stuff and figuring out tames in the thread without having to back track pages (more than I already do, lol) just to follow the Argus info /conversation.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Likewise. If someone wants to start up another thread on the matter, then go right ahead.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I'm excited, but I am disappointed they are taking away flying. Gonna make grabbing those pets harder. I wonder if there's any news on new rares.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They aren't exactly taking it away. You can still use it on the Broken Isles. You just can't use it on Argus, which is perfectly fine. There is an excellent teleportation system that allows you to get around quickly.

As for rares, there aren't any, yet. Though if there is going to be any, it would have to be soon, seeing as the patch will most likely be dropping on August 29th.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Went through all three zones on the ptr, and there doesn't seem to be anything different. Anything that was untamable prior, such as the Voidstalker, is still untamable. None of the unused variants for Mana Rays, Talbuks, and Panthara are implemented. Unsure whether an item has been added that will allow us to tame Panthara, since both Wowhead and Mmo-c are in the midst of datamining. However, the Panthara Apex is still tamable.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

More stable slots won't hurt people that don't need them, and help those that don't want to thow away pets with sentimental value/hours and hours spent camping for.

Whether you use them or not is irrelevant. Abandoning a petc you camped 2 weeks for its akin to deleting a LVL 100+ character.

You just don't do it.

Enough said.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I wasn't referring to rare pets that you have camped for a long period of time for (though not every rare pet needs to be tamed). I'm referring to pets that you can literally go out and tame within a couple of minutes. I know that are many that collect whatever the fab pet or pet family is at the time, use it for a bit, then eventually stash it away. This is a cycle that continues on and on until the stable is eventually filled up, and they want more room instead of just removing the pets that are easily obtained again. Pets that they rarely ever make use of.

But as I said before, if someone wants to make another threat concerning the subject, then go ahead. This is thread is meant to be about pets on Argus.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Don't think it was reported yet. Next to the flight path "City Center" in Mac'Aree, there's those Shadowcrazed Chitinbuk that are already known. Well, I don't see anything about how they have a particle effect in their eyes! The effect is extremely emphasized on Hati, should you use the Essence Swapper.
Attachments
Purple flaming eyes
Purple flaming eyes
WoWScrnShot_080917_230618.jpg (224.03 KiB) Viewed 2930 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think that all of the Talbuks with that variant have the same particle effect. They have very bold blue eyes.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I don't think so. Those are the only ones I found today with that. I went all over the place, checking out those Acidmaw things along the way (please Blizzard, let me tame that flying one), and the only Talbuks I could find with glowing eyes like that were the ones mentioned. I could not find any tameable Talbuks outside of that one that had it. Even Baruut, the untameable one with the exact same skin, does not have the particles; I died making sure!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The ones that share the same skin are found in the Grove of Naroua. They are one of the several variants that the Wild Cragscaler can be. As for the Acidmaws, I highly doubt they'll be tamable. They are just too demonic. They even share the same head as Felhunters.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I can't seem to find the Grove of Naroua. Where is that? Either way, if that specific skin is the only one to keep the particles, I know what I'm going to tame on patch day. As much as I love the fel-ridden ones, that eye glow is too cool to pass up.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is in Krokuun. North of that camp of Lightforged Draenei on the eastern side of the map. Head north, up the road, and make a right.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Wow, how have I not found that place? It was in plain sight and I somehow managed not to see it.

Just found the talbuks with the same skin, but they don't have glowing particles in their eyes. Still looks just as intimidating as they should, but no glow to be found. Are you sure it was these that had glowing eyes? I mean, they have that vibrant blue, but no particles (or good lighting, Krokuun sucks for good light sources).
Attachments
Wild Cragscaler, side by side with Hati using the particle skin
Wild Cragscaler, side by side with Hati using the particle skin
WoWScrnShot_081017_000315.jpg (134.01 KiB) Viewed 2930 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The lighting is bad on Krokuun, but the eyes look exactly the same to me.
Also, unlike the Fel Talbuk (which has four separate variants), there are only two variants for the normal purple: Purple w/ Spread Horns and Purple w/ Backswept Horns.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I guess my screenshots are bad then. There's like some kind of flame effect coming out of the eyes of the talbuk from Mac'Aree, as well as a semi-ghostly aura. Those two effects are not present on the one found in Krokuun. I've only seen the spread horn variant for the one with the burning eyes though.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is just the coloring/texture of the eyes on the Purple w/ Spread Horns. The Purple w/ Backswept Horns is similar.

Edit: I see what you mean now. I thought you were referring to the eyes themselves, which are exactly the same between models. the Shadowcrazed Stag has a Void effect around its eyes and a spectral effect around him.

Tested it out by dismissing, stabling, and having it killed. Doesn't seem to lose the effects. Can't tell whether or not TWs and Arenas would wipe it, since this is on the ptr.
Last edited by Valnaaros on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.