Guild Wars 2

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Guild Wars 2

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Changed Bippsi's armor so she's super pink and adorable now. :lol: Her warhammer is so tiny!

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Very cute Tyger. I miss playing.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I bought the Heart of Thorns expansion for GW2, which of course meant a charr revenant because I <3 charr. :lol: This is Vorspa Valorclaw.
She's a huge, hulking beast of a charr, very at odds with the fact that she's Ash legion. She's surprisingly light on her feet and agile/stealthy for her size though.

Then poor Rivarr, my charr necro got remade because I'm down to only 2 charr and both were Ash legion so I didn't want to play the same storyline. xD Rivarr got rerolled to be blood legion since I had another level 20 boost laying around.
Blood doesn't usually much like casters, but he's spent many years proving his worth, especially since his dad's a traitorous flame shaman. Thinking of making him and Vorspa siblings that were separated at birth or something.

And used my 80 boost on Mikael, my elementalist. Ele's are fun, relatively easy to figure out, and pretty good at both solo and group play.

I like that the 80 boost gives you a full set of 80 exotic armor/weapons plus you get to actually test out any character you want at level 80 in an 80 zone before you permanently pick the one you want to use the boost on. Thought that was cool. And I got to keep the armor and stuff after I made the boost perma.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
zedxrgal

Another expansion I've not bought. :lol:
Your toons look amazing. I love Charrs

More SS's please? I don't mind spoilers. Any differences in game play with the new expansion?

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I haven't done the actual expansion stuff yet (I'm not even sure where to go to start it to tell the truth; not sure if I have to finish my personal story or not) but when I get there I'll post some shots. :) Might post some stuff with my revenant because I'm in love with her and have been working on leveling her right now; the boosted guy was mostly so I'd have an 80 to RP with my friends for when we do stuff. xD

The warhammer weapon is one of my favorites for revenant; unlike other classes that use it to smash shit, revenants actually THROW warhammers at mobs. It's great! :lol: And they melee with staves, it's interesting but I'm not super crazy about the staff and it's abilities.

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vorspa you poor thing, your new helm is ugly as sin.

Tried getting some combat shots of her using her warhammer.
ImageImageImageImage

[/center]
zedxrgal

Yeah she doesn't seem to like her new hat. :lol:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If I get dual swords again I'll have to try and show those off on Vorspa. In the mean time she's had some new developments happen tonight since I just love playing her so much (I can't stop gushing over revenants). :lol:

She got some better looking gear which makes her happy. And a new warhammer which is yay.
ImageImageImage

She met her traitorous flame shaman father.

And just some more shots of me derping with both the warhammer and staff abilities. Revenants are the only class I know that melee with their staves. :)
ImageImageImageImageImage

[/center]
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Well, this thread hasn't been active in a long time. :lol:

So I haven't played since...probably just before Pandaria honestly, but lately I've been feeling the itch to hop in the game again.

Does anyone still play? I'm curious what sort of things I've missed, if there's been any additions or improvements to things like ranger pets, what the expansion was all about, etc. :)
zedxrgal

I play every once in a while. :oops: I think I'm on Borlis Pass. I don't think much has changed.

Vephriel

Welp, my best friend and I started playing again and....I think I'm really back into it. :)

I took a 4 year hiatus, and it wasn't because I disliked the game, I just didn't have time to really get into it alongside WoW, and eventually it went to the backburner where it was forgotten.

These past few days have reminded me just how much I enjoyed it though! The zones are as beautiful as ever, and I'm loving the little changes and improvements that have happened since I first played. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming expansion (and mounts!!). I rolled a new ranger and he's already level 30 (my previous character only made it to 46 before I stopped playing).

Anyways, if anyone's like me and hasn't tried it out for a long time, it might be worth doing so with a fun looking new expansion on the horizon!

Attachments
gw728.jpg
gw728.jpg (495.09 KiB) Viewed 14725 times
Vephriel

Demo is out this weekend for the upcoming expansion, and you can try out one of the new mounts. It's a raptor and it has so much personality I love it!!! <3

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Its pretty neat and purple and green :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vephriel

Tårnfalk wrote:Its pretty neat and purple and green :)
You can dye them like you can with armor! :D So I made mine purple of course.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Ahh neat. I dont play GW2 so I did not know. Cool feature.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh hey, I've been playing a bunch lately too! The demo weekend got me really excited again- it looks like so much fun, and SO much more friendly to the solo/casual player. Heart of Thorns really put me off with how incredibly solo unfriendly it was. Really looking forward to it now, I was able to solo events, get hero points on my own and explore freely without major issue, and the raptor is amazing. By far, the best mount handling/animations I've ever seen in a game- they feel so alive! I can't wait for the others to be released when the game comes out in full.

And oh my goodness, the demo zone was GORGEOUS. I don't have many screenshots, but here are some night skies.

And the raptor being a goober.

Anyone who still plays is welcome to hit me up :D I'm LupisDarkmoon.8420!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh man, GW2 is finally adding mounts to the game? :O I may have to keep an eye out on the stuff for the new expansion depending on how school/caring for my daughter goes.

[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah! They're not quite like traditional MMO mounts- it seems like you unlock them by progressing through your personal story, and they each have a unique movement ability that makes them situational. So for example, the raptor can do a long, straight-forward leap that doesn't have much lift, but can bridge large gaps. As a quick rundown of the future mounts:

The Springer

It'll be able to (as you might predict) jump Very High, letting us reach high ledges without the agony of finding tiny little rocks and ledges to scramble up! Also it's adorable.

The Skimmer

This cool manta-like dude flies a little bit over the ground, and has an ability that hovers forward and can cross over dangerous terrain- which I was confused about at first, because that's not really a thing in GW2. Then I fell into quicksand in the demo and died. I think?? that he'll be able to fly over water, too!

The Jackal

I'm SO PUMPED FOR THIS ONE. That said, I'm not sure how the movement mechanic it gives actually works. From the sounds of it, it teleports in the direction you're facing, but you can adjust its movement while teleporting to get around edges and stuff? I'm not sure how it'll apply to getting around, but I get the feeling it'll become much more clear once we get it. It definitely seems like the new zones will be designed with mounts and their movement abilities in mind.

I'm extra excited because this also means mounts aren't tied to money or RNG, or content I can't do as a casual player. :,D The raptor's animations are so alive that I instantly got an emotional attachment to it, and that's not something I've really had in games before (aside from my FFXIV chocobo that fights next to me).

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

The expansion came out today!! I don't know how many people still play or are interested in playing, but I wasn't sure how excited I'd be and- then spent the entire day enthralled by it. It's the most visually stunning MMO experience I've ever had, and already the storyline is ready to mess me up.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I've been playing the expansion!! It's so pretty, Wow.

I am an off-and-on GW2 player but this has me hooked atm!! It's so good.

If anyone would like to add me- Feferi.9532 :^3

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."