Screenshot quality help

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Screenshot quality help

Unread post by Krysteena »

I've looked for guides on this sort of thing, but the most I've come across is actually changing a console command to either change the file, or the quality of the file itself in-game, and that's a little scary for someone whose idea of fixing a computer is turning it off and then on again.

However, I really want to take some proper screenshots that look decent, and not like what they currently look like. I need my mounts and pretty pets to have beautiful screenshots that do them justice. Does anyone have any tips/tricks for taking, and maintaining, nice screenshots? Is there also a reccomended image host that anyone uses, as well? I'm in need of one after photobucket started shaking their metaphorical bucket for money.

Maybe an image editing thing as well, would be nice? Idk, I'm grasping at straws here, and any advice would be welcome and really helpful :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Screenshot quality help

Unread post by Vephriel »

I would recommend using one of the quality commands for sure, they're nothing to be scared of. :) You have 2 options, you can keep the saving format as jpeg (the default), or up it to tga, but tga files are much larger so depending on how many screenshots you take and how much space you have, it might be worth staying as jpeg. At the very least I'd be sure to maximize the quality though:

/console screenshotQuality 10

All you have to do is enter WoW, and paste that into the chatbox. Super easy! It's nothing complicated or technical, I promise. That way you know you're getting the highest quality jpeg images.

Another thing I'll mention is that graphics quality is definitely a factor. The higher settings you can play the game on, the better your images will look.

I tend to use Imgur as a file hosting site.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

To add on to what Veph said; even if you can't run the game at a really high graphics setting, you can get set up for a screenshot, turn up the graphics, take the shot, then turn your graphics back down again so that way you're not chewing up performance too badly. :) I used to do that for GW2 a lot when I was on an older machine.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Vephriel wrote:I would recommend using one of the quality commands for sure, they're nothing to be scared of. :) You have 2 options, you can keep the saving format as jpeg (the default), or up it to tga, but tga files are much larger so depending on how many screenshots you take and how much space you have, it might be worth staying as jpeg. At the very least I'd be sure to maximize the quality though:

/console screenshotQuality 10

All you have to do is enter WoW, and paste that into the chatbox. Super easy! It's nothing complicated or technical, I promise. That way you know you're getting the highest quality jpeg images.

Another thing I'll mention is that graphics quality is definitely a factor. The higher settings you can play the game on, the better your images will look.

I tend to use Imgur as a file hosting site.
That doesn't seem too complicated, tbh. I can definitely manage a good ol' copy and paste, at the very least, so I'll definitely give that a try in the morning, thank you! I'll have to look into the graphics quality, as well, see what's up in there :) thank you for all the advice, it'll definitely help! I'll put it into practise tomorrow.~
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

TygerDarkstorm wrote:To add on to what Veph said; even if you can't run the game at a really high graphics setting, you can get set up for a screenshot, turn up the graphics, take the shot, then turn your graphics back down again so that way you're not chewing up performance too badly. :) I used to do that for GW2 a lot when I was on an older machine.
Oh, that'd a good idea, thank you~ I'll definitely have to remember that as well :)