Exceeded maximum allowed

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Exceeded maximum allowed

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I keep getting this every time I try to log in. Is this a bug?
You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below.

It just started this afternoon around 4:00 pm CA time. Happens on my laptop, phone & tablet.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Exceeded maximum allowed

Unread post by Bowno »

Sounds like someone is trying to get you locked out =\
I would suggest maybe changing your password and email password? That wont stop any one from trying to get you locked out.. But there is always that chance they know some information they shouldnt know.

Siggy under construction!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

You'll be happy to know you're not being hacked. It's not just you! It will probably happen to anyone who logs out and tried to log back in.

Just when we thought the server problems were finally over, I got an email from our server runner today to say that the new hard drive was failing and he had to migrate us to a new server. So we now have a new IP address too, the second IP change in a month.

It appears that something in the migration has caused this error but I'm trying to get to the bottom of it now.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm pretty sure I've identified the issue but the server owner will have to fix it.

It's annoying to have ot use Captcha each time but at least nobody has been hacked and hopefully it'll be fixed quickly :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Apparently it's only a temporary issue while a number of servers still point to our old IP address. The new one is 142.54.186.221, and the DNS should update over the next day or so.