End Time Emerald Dragonshire

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

End Time Emerald Dragonshire

Unread post by Dewclaw »

So I got the urge to tame one of the cats from the End Time dungeon, and I read you just go in and reset the instance until Emerald Dragonshire pops up, go in, and tame. I've been doing this for DAYS and it's always ruby or obsidian. I try/reset until it locks me out, rinse/repeat...for DAYS. Am I doing something wrong? If not, can anyone confirm it will pop, and i just have colossal bad luck?
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: End Time Emerald Dragonshire

Unread post by Bristlenose »

That is how you do it. You don't kill any bosses. Just go in and see what the scenario is until it is the Emerald one.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

So why has it been days of resetting and I only get ruby and obsidian? :( I had the pet once a long time ago, but I can't even find out how to submit a ticket to possibly get it restored. The interface is a menu of stuff that doesn't fit my need.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

RNG is just... bad like that, unfortunately. I wish there was a better answer for you, but that's almost certainly what it is. It's always Ruby and Obsidian because there's a chance for each dragonshrine to be the first, and that chance doesn't improve (or get worse) every time you reset it.

I do feel like it's weighted towards those, from subjective past experience, and for what it's worth, I just blew my ten resets on checking it out (since I had no other plans for my instance cap in the next hour) and I got seven Rubies, three Obisidians.

If you know it's gonna be your last set of checks for the day, you could always go through on your tenth reset and actually defeat Baine/Sylvanas and see if you get Emerald as your second shrine. It should be a higher percent chance (1/3 instead of 1/4). You just gotta make sure that's really the last time you're gonna do it before daily reset cos obviously then you're locked 'til then.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Xella, thanks for checking. I actually did what you suggested, and got azure as the next. it's been a week now, of constant resets with no luck. I'm pretty disheartened now. :(