Argus Pet Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Argus Pet Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I was thinking I was going crazy or something. I was about to make a short video to show the effect just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind here, but I see you noticed it. The Shadowcrazed one is totally unique, and it's a great thing. Shame I only see two of them up at any time, unless I'm just missing them.

EDIT: I just hearthed out from getting stuck in a really awkward hole over in that Naroua grove (have fun finding it, I didn't report it!), and I noticed the effect was MUCH more visible in Dalaran, but only from behind. The purple flame effect isn't strong, but it's strong enough for me to really want it on live now.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_081017_003705.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081017_003705.jpg (168.3 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Curiosity: While running around in game today, I stumbled upon the squirrels and rabbits.

Remembering they got new models in Legion, I started to wonder:

What if we got tameable squirrels and rabbits in the Rodent family in the future? We have mechanical versions of them, and as seen with druids, they're capable of communicating with people, so bonding would make sense.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Aye, but Druids can communicate with just about any beast if they so choose to. It is what they do. And unless it is a giant, mutated rabbit or squirrel (something like the Rat Mount), I doubt we'll ever get tamable squirrels and rabbits as they are right now. A mechanical version is different, since they are robots. Everything about them would allow them to be better suited for combat, whether it is their metal chassis, teeth and claws made out of metal, the ability that some have to conduct electricity, and the lack of fear that real squirrels and rabbits have. Besides, can you imagine sending a little squirrel against a Devilsaur? ;)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote:I was thinking I was going crazy or something. I was about to make a short video to show the effect just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind here, but I see you noticed it. The Shadowcrazed one is totally unique, and it's a great thing. Shame I only see two of them up at any time, unless I'm just missing them.

EDIT: I just hearthed out from getting stuck in a really awkward hole over in that Naroua grove (have fun finding it, I didn't report it!), and I noticed the effect was MUCH more visible in Dalaran, but only from behind. The purple flame effect isn't strong, but it's strong enough for me to really want it on live now.
That's a really cool find! :) I hope the effect stays.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:Aye, but Druids can communicate with just about any beast if they so choose to. It is what they do. And unless it is a giant, mutated rabbit or squirrel (something like the Rat Mount), I doubt we'll ever get tamable squirrels and rabbits as they are right now. A mechanical version is different, since they are robots. Everything about them would allow them to be better suited for combat, whether it is their metal chassis, teeth and claws made out of metal, the ability that some have to conduct electricity, and the lack of fear that real squirrels and rabbits have. Besides, can you imagine sending a little squirrel against a Devilsaur? ;)
If I can send a caterpillar, moth, or monkey you bet your booty I'd send a squirrel or rabbit. ;)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Giant caterpillar and giant moths. Further, they both differ from their RL counterparts in many ways. As for Monkeys, they are known to be very strong.

Squirrels and rabbits in WoW have been seen to be much like those IRL. They are rather small and will flee rather than fight.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I would use a bloody rabbit so much!
Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

Valnaaros wrote:Giant caterpillar and giant moths. Further, they both differ from their RL counterparts in many ways. As for Monkeys, they are known to be very strong.

Squirrels and rabbits in WoW have been seen to be much like those IRL. They are rather small and will flee rather than fight.
well except for the one, but they'd have to add something so it doesn't chew your head off while taming
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yes, there is that one, but they would need to add a seperate mob with the same skin. If they didn't, people would be furious at Blizz for making a long-respawn mob, that drops a battle pet, something that Hunters could tame.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Myzou wrote:Curiosity: While running around in game today, I stumbled upon the squirrels and rabbits.

Remembering they got new models in Legion, I started to wonder:

What if we got tameable squirrels and rabbits in the Rodent family in the future? We have mechanical versions of them, and as seen with druids, they're capable of communicating with people, so bonding would make sense.
That would be cool but rabbits aren't rodents; they are "Lagomoroh";a family that includes pikas and hares as well. Squirrels, rats and beavers are rodents though and fortunately enough all of them have mop quality models.
Last edited by pop on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Waitin' for those beavers now. I don't know, is the 'stormstruck beaver' model an actual beast anywhere in game, or are the sparky ones only minipets. I can't remember.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I couldn't find one on a beast currently, but it would be the easiest thing in the world to add one.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

A stormstruck beaver would be easy to implement as a random spawn in place of any beaver on the Isle of Thunder. Maybe have a beaver walk through an area that gets zapped by lightning, and they get transformed? Could be a fun new mechanic that way, especially if you had to survive the lightning strike yourself. Even a fun little achievement could be added for anyone in that area; "You've been...Thunderstruck!"
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Couple of questions:

Do the Mana Ray wings clip the hunter's body?

Interested in taming the Skyfin Mana Ray (teal) and the Flashfoot Marsuul. Can anyone tell me the zone-subzone of these two?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Depends on the race, but their wings do clip into Draenei. I suspect they would for many, if not most other races.

They are both found in Mac'Aree, which won't be opened till early next month. The Skyfins can be found flying over most of Mac'Aree, and the Flashfoot are found around Azurelight Square. Though you could get that variant from the Puckish Marsuuls in Krokuun.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Thanks, so I can get my Marsuul right away! It's such a wonderful model.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That they are. Even up close, the texture quality isn't bad. I think the only one that looks bad up close is the Felscarred Marsuul.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm just double-checking things for 7.3 and making notes of what may be missing.

For Panthara (which we can't tame yet but we know they are flagged tameable at least):

Things we know about but have extra ID variants:

These two panthara come in different IDs that we haven't checked:

Panthara Shadowfang
http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=122023/panthara-shadowfang
(ID 122010 has been found in the game and is purple-yellow and flagged tameable)
Also, the 122010 ID can appear dark blue with cyan lights when it has a special buff. Need to check if it stays that way when tamed but unlikely. Can't test until we work out how to tame.

Shadowseeker Panthara
http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=122957/shado ... iewer:10+0
(ID 119874 has been found in the game and is dark blue with cyan lights, and flagged tameable)

The Shadow Stalker comes in 4 IDs, all the same silver-blue colour. One is a summons, need to sort out the other three:
Shadow Stalker
http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=122408/shadow-stalker
http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=122560/shadow-stalker
http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=125080/shadow-stalker
http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=128317/shadow-stalker (untameable, summoned by Shadowguard Riftstalkers)

Also, once we work out how to tame these things, need to check the Manafeeder Panthara, which is normally dark blue, but looks violet-pink once it has an Engorged buff. Need to check whether that colour is retained or lost after taming. Porbably not

Panthara listed on Wowhead but haven't been reported here (it's entirely possible they're not in game)

Shadow Creeper
http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=128056/shadow-creeper

Silentfoot Panthara
http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=122362/silentfoot-panthara
(ignore this one, turns out it's used for something that may be cosmetic / non-interactive)

Colours not found at all

- Red

Colours found, but may not be on tameable beasts
- Purple with yellow lights
(this one is likely to be tameable on the Panthara Shadowfang)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I reported how the Shadowseeker Panthara works prior. Basically, if a Shadowseeker is absorbing the essense of a mop prior to being attacked, and if then attacked, it will switch to the violet model. The Shadowfang works the same way.

I also reported the Shadow Stalker. It is summoned by the Ethereals in the Shadowguard Incursion, but is untamable. Can also be found in the Seat of the Triumvirate dungeon, but is already spawned.

I haven't seen the Silentfoot or Creeper anywhere.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh cool. Sorry I missed that report. I'm guessing the Shadowseeker switches IDs when it does that trick.

Now I just need to sort out which Shadow Stalker is which ID. A couple of the IDs are listed as tameable.