Show Off Your Legion-Era Tames!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Re: Show Off Your Legion-Era Tames!

Unread post by Shelassa »

Early this morning I got myself a cat birb... and I love it! It's quiet, has a braid, is adorable and is a cat birb.
I'm thinking of naming it after my Feral Druid...
10/10, would recommend.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Catbirbs are awesome! I named mine Birbcat and Meowl because I'm creative. Do we prefer links or attachments for screenies in this thread? Otherwise I may just make an imgur album and plonk it in here.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Novikova wrote:Catbirbs are awesome! I named mine Birbcat and Meowl because I'm creative. Do we prefer links or attachments for screenies in this thread? Otherwise I may just make an imgur album and plonk it in here.
I'm not sure what's preferred but I have an imgur album. I guess just make sure you revise your posts if you delete the album w/ images in it?

Also yes I too love the meowls so so much. For names, I settled on 'Talyn' for my nelf, and 'Maru' for my troll.

In other news, my Pandaren hunter got her fire scorp after many ganks! Goodness, it's so much more beautiful in game than I thought it would be.
If you are still hunting this dude, I don't see as many campers around for it anymore. At least not on my pvp realm.

My nelf is currently running around with this crab from Azsuna:
I have no idea what to name the thing, but dang is it pretty.

I've also been messing around on my dwarf hunter Zaphod (yeah yeah I have like a million high level hunters after wod *sigh*... hunter isn't even my main), and grabbed these guys:

This colour I wasn't planning on grabbing, but I love how it looks w/ Zaphod, and I absolutely love the moose model!

This particular mecha-wolf is definitely staying with him.

I'm warming up to the new worg model. I didn't like it much until I saw it up close in game. I think the Draenor wolves are still my favorite, though.

Spirit moose! I see this guy up quite a bit when I'm herbing and just wandering around, actually.

This guy is obviously not a legion-era tame, but I had been camping/checking for him on and off for SO long, and finally I saw him up just a few weeks ago.

While I was camping for Arcturis, I spend some time watching these bears. I eventually told myself that once I tame Arcturis I'm going to grab one of them. :)

I am so... stuck on what to name most of his pets though. *sigh*

I also bought the bow for Zaphod just so he could have a differen't coloured Hati. He's only level 102, but I'm not leveling him terribly fast and wanted the darker look.
funk#1402

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Hey, Funk, that is an impressive collection! And grats on Arcturis - with only one spawn point, that pet was one of the hardest to snatch.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

For most of those tames, it really wasn't that bad. I am able to just camp or leave alts at rares, since I will tab out and study, which helps a lot.

Arcturis was a pain as of this expac, though. There was always 4-5+ other hunters around. I got lucky.
funk#1402

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

May not be a new tame but sure weird one as I dismissed my Loque to summon a pet recently tamed but wanted to release back to the wild so after I let that one go I resummoned my Loque only to have her appear bigger than even my cute panda.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

WHY DOES ZAPHOD HAVE ALL THE LUCK?

tbf it was actually my 110 that clicked the feather, but once I switched to Zaph the gryphon was still up so I guess that's luck too?
funk#1402

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Took some proper screenshots of my fel hippogryph! (his name is Harbinger as Veph's pet, which is what I nicknamed my corrupted hippogryph mount a long time ago)

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Went and found me a nest then destroyed it to spawn Snowblind tamed her but realized had no room so went and let another pet go only to resummon her and this is what came out a giant gryphon but still a sweet pet to add to my collection which includes Netherbeak.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

The Wolfhawk brigade has arrived...

I really like that once we unlock the mount on one spec we can use it on all it would suck if the mount was tied to spec as I am on the dire one.
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

I tend to tame lots of pets but only keep a few select favorites. So far in this expansion my two favorites are my cat and turtle, Stargazer and Rainshell respectively.

I am excited for the new Talbuks though...
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I know this model technically isn't legion-era, but I couldn't manage to kill the mob that gave the item, no matter how many attempts I made. Cue me going back at 110, discovering that this mob can still take a pretty beating even with the level difference, and then getting this guy. I've dubbed him Felrius, and he's essentially an 'updated' version of the original Felrius
Upon being able to fly, I immediately flew to tame Wraithtalon, who I promised myself I would tame as soon as I could :) I love how expressive these guys are. He's named Jack, which isn't the most creative, or BE applicable, but I like the name Jack. Or 'Jack, as a shortening of another name
And, after a bit of light camping, Jetwing was up this morning. Not sure if I really like having a tamed Gryphon, but he is pretty. Plus, there's something satisfying about having the emblem of the Alliance turned against them, and instead fighting beside a member of the Horde
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Hati and Skoll reunited
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I haven't been on the forums in quite a while (or WoW, for that matter...) Seeing all these pics is giving me "the itch". Dang it. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

Rhyela wrote:I haven't been on the forums in quite a while (or WoW, for that matter...) Seeing all these pics is giving me "the itch". Dang it. :lol:
Yup, I know the feeling. I've been away from WoW and anything relating to it for close to two years. I came onto the forums out of boredom one day and saw some beautiful pets and mounts. It also wasn't helping that a good friend of mine and his friends came back (though horde), and trying to get me to roll horde with them.

Needless to say I scratched that itch and got a month subscription...
I'll max out my Nightelf - and if it's free, server transfer to where my guild went. Then I may roll a Blood Elf Horde, use my lvl 100 boost from the expansion on her, and when the next expansion comes out turn her into a Night Born... If not I'll be getting another lvl 100 boost.

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yeah, and with the leveling system getting a revamp soon, I'm even more tempted to jump back in! Maybe level up a Horde toon in earnest for once. :) A tauren or orc Hunter sounds kinda fun...

(Sorry for derailing the thread!)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Haven't posted any tames (how slack!) but here's my new fav cutie - McGillis the Owlcat! I love these dudes. I already have a black one too :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

I got him.... finally...

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Finally did LFR killing of Argus and made a new friend.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

The manaray was not planned. I actually was not going to look for it, because I didn't think I'd care for it, but, I was challenged by a guildie to tame it. It was an annoying tame and I nearly fell off the world several times. But it was worth it. I love this strange creature :D And it matches my crossbow sorta

Attachments
albino umbralfin.jpg
albino umbralfin.jpg (192 KiB) Viewed 4336 times