Should we have more stable slots?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Should we have more stable slots?

Unread post by Castile »

Madeline wrote:From what I can gather on this forum, the vocal majority do not care or want more stable slots. My view is different. I left my post on the wowforum.

(I have to admit, I am rather surprised that on the PETOPIA forums, where hunters love pets, they are more in line with no more stable slots.
I honestly thought it would be different here. You just never know. It really took me aback.)

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 7#post-127
Mmm I wouldn't say the majority of petopia is against it but just the same people tend to argue the point against it over and over. Old debate is old...but I think it was said earlier (and in an older thread) that the idea of buying more slots like the bank system would be a good compromise for both parties of collectors and non collectors.

Me personally would love more slots. I collect things. It's apart of my personality. If you saw my house you'd understand but I love my pet collection. If they give them to us free, great! If I have to buy them I would too. I personally don't see why anyone would be against more of them for free as they don't have to fill them but w/e each to their own. Each of my current 50 odd pets have memories or a purpose so just ditching them for new skins/families is very difficult. But that's just me. <3

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Feydakin
Realm: Rexxar

Unread post by Feydakin »

Xylexia wrote:Whether I use them or not is irrelevant. I've been playing since vanilla and have spent countless hours camping rare spawn pets, and more recently rare challenge tames. To get rid of one of these beauties would be the same as leveling a character to 100 and then deleting it. All that time and effort wasted, flushed away forever....
This is pretty much where I am at on this. There's no reason to be against more stable slots really. If you don't need them or want to use the, don't. I happen to be both a collector AND someone who retains an attachment to certain pets. I still have my original Rak'shiri that I tamed way back in Vanilla when it was still rare and was unique... :headbang: 8-) #hunterhipster

I've heard some great alternatives to more stable slots in this thread though, and wouldn't mind seeing them implemented. I think one of my favorite ones that would probably (? not sure how it works but I've heard that excuse) help alleviate database bloat, was the one that basically treats tamed pets are skins similar to transmog. You tame a pet and it goes into a database of your pet skins that you can apply to your pet slots along with pet Specialization. I also love the one that Xylexia mentioned about having a personal "zone" similar to order halls or garrisons where you can release your pets to roam free. I imagine that would take a ton of resources to make though. ;)
Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

Bowno wrote:I personally thing 50 is more than enough. Of course, I come from a time when we only had 5. I would have been happy if they bumped it up to 10.
But having those 5 pets made me really think on what I wanted and bound with those pets deeply. With 50, I just find it as storage for 'rare things that shouldnt have been tameable but were'.
Most of them never see the light of day.
I agree with you and Veph. I keep a small stable of pets who mean something to me.

BUT thats just me - I know a lot of players like to have one of each skin and if Blizzard keeps pumping out all these skins then they should increase the stable slots.
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Hazzal
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Hazzal »

I definitely want more stable space. I am an avid collector and I have to chase down rares and challenge tames when I can because I find it fun. I have a few pets in my stables I don't mind getting rid of that happen to be non-unique skins I did not much to obtain but most of them are rares or are pets found in raids and I have memories attached to each of them. I also swap around my active pets fairly often.
Madeline

Unread post by Madeline »

I am a weirdo. I actually do TONS of mogging, so I track down a lot of rares to go with my transmogs (and make sure they are useful as well - won't go with any spec other than BM cause I love my pets!). So in a way, they become "part" of my transmog. I have spirit beasts I camped for, Skarr who I wouldn't give up for anything, and Sambas (who took me almost a month because of the competition.) And like a lot of you, there is a story to a lot of my tames. I hate making room, but darn it - those new mana-rays really caught my eye.... :shock: :lol:
tokidokifish
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by tokidokifish »

i've been around since vanilla and i didn't actually realize we could have more than five pets until warlords of draenor (ooooops), so i've done the small number of pets thing. and i hate it. i want to have options, and i like collecting things, and as the years go on and we still don't get any new stable slots despite getting over 150 pets to tame in THIS EXPANSION ALONE, i get more baffled and irritated. if you're the kind of person that likes to have a small stable, fine, you do you, but there's no reason to keep other people from having fun and collecting the pets they like.
whuumper
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by whuumper »

Simple question-Yes
Tons of appearance pets plus unique ones you just want to have.
We have a voice unite and let it be heard...
Sawfty
Realm: Argent Dawn US

Unread post by Sawfty »

The only thing that comes to my mind is... why not? Why not let us have additional slots? Who does that really hurt?
Kaiarra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kaiarra »

I would adore a few more stable slots, I'm kinda hitting at the stage where I have nothing left I'm prepared to abandon. I'd probably have to dump the Panthera I just tamed if any nice SB/rare gets added.
A few feathermanes, gryphon/Gon and panthara have pretty much just filled up the last few spots I could justify replacing (don't even have space for the wolfhawks).

My whole stable is pretty much:
> rares that are stupidly hard to retame due to CRZ combined with crazy respawn timers and/or multiple spawn locations (Loque, Nuramok, Terrorpene, etc)
> pets I've spent considerable time flare tracking to tame (Savage, Glimmer, Bombyx, etc)
> pets that need items/challenges to tame them (panthera, fel wolf, iron scorpion, Deth'tilac, etc)
> irreplaceable spell effect tames (ghost wolf, Oil wolf, fire boar etc)

None of those are things I want to abandon

Think I only have 3 'pure sentimental value' pets out of the 55 that don't fall into those categories - my ghost saber (the first pet I ever actively hunted down to tame in vanilla), my toaster wolf from tanaan and Thok.

I really can't see why adding say 10 more slots each expansion would hurt. 55 was more than enough when it came out, but it's not when they keep adding new rares and new families.
Last edited by Kaiarra on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

This patch is causing me to make a lot more stable decisions than I expected. I have to get rid of things I like simply to have room to give the new pets a test run. Not a fan.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Yah this patch has been rough for me too lol. I love the talbuks have 3 already and waiting for the other place to open next week. And.. I love the cats too.. the new ones.. have 3, going to get the 4th and then the other two because I decided to tame them to name after my foster kittens and my cat which I regret cause well.. thats 6 spots taken lol
Grumpydad@Greymane
Realm: Greymane

Unread post by Grumpydad@Greymane »

This Topic has note seen movemente in months, but with a new expansion coming I would definetely like to know if there is any news about this?? I for one, had to let go several pets, that while NOT rare , I did like very much.... and I keep seing new cool looks, I just learned to tsme Feathermanes (I had stuck by my Pally until a few months back but am back to hunter now)...

I definetely like collecting, though yes, despite having several rares, I am also a bit attached to my White Bear (Momma), my White Lion (Sinatra), White Gorilla (Pops) and my Red Worgen (Clint) which I have had for ages :) ....but I like to run around with other pets every so often and appreciate collecting them.

So...any news about broadened Stables in the upcoming expansion ??
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm surprised I never responded to this, and now that it's a few months old it's probably pointless, buuuuut... For me, 55 is enough. More than enough, honestly. The more I tame, the less attached I feel. In fact, I periodically sweep my stables and let go of stuff I rarely use. I'm probably in the minority, though.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to a pay-for-slots system, maybe maxing at 100 (though eventually even THAT wouldn't be enough, and here we are again). It's just impossible to say what the magic number should be, because it's different for everyone. Ultimately, it's Blizzard's decision, and we each have to decide how to work with it.

Easy solution? Make more hunters! :lol: Seriously though, I find that I enjoy trying new pets far more when I'm playing a different character. I bond to things differently on Rhyela (night elf) than say...Freida (undead). Rhyela's already got a special few, and any new pets end up being a fling, for lack of a better word. I may truly bond with one or two new tames per expansion. Everything else is just fluff. So maybe, until this whole thing sees a resolution, players might consider becoming altoholics? Twelve hunters with 55 slots each is a LOT of pets! XD

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Rhyela wrote:I'm surprised I never responded to this, and now that it's a few months old it's probably pointless, buuuuut... For me, 55 is enough. More than enough, honestly. The more I tame, the less attached I feel. In fact, I periodically sweep my stables and let go of stuff I rarely use. I'm probably in the minority, though.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to a pay-for-slots system, maybe maxing at 100 (though eventually even THAT wouldn't be enough, and here we are again). It's just impossible to say what the magic number should be, because it's different for everyone. Ultimately, it's Blizzard's decision, and we each have to decide how to work with it.

Easy solution? Make more hunters! :lol: Seriously though, I find that I enjoy trying new pets far more when I'm playing a different character. I bond to things differently on Rhyela (night elf) than say...Freida (undead). Rhyela's already got a special few, and any new pets end up being a fling, for lack of a better word. I may truly bond with one or two new tames per expansion. Everything else is just fluff. So maybe, until this whole thing sees a resolution, players might consider becoming altoholics? Twelve hunters with 55 slots each is a LOT of pets! XD
I'm right there with you. :hug:
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think 55 is plenty but then again I only use like 4 pets XD
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Honestly, I'd love more stable slots. But I also tend to focus on one main more than alts. And I'd like to have the pets I like on one hunter.

Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but it's mine.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Neptr
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Neptr »

Wow I this is so weird, especially since this is the petopia forums I thought you guys would love pets here. I keep thinking I know the kind of people who play this game after 10 years but clearly I don't. It's just pet storage guys. You literally took something so common sense and turned it into the gay marriage of world of warcraft. And just looking at the comments in this thread it seems like this person Valnaaros is basically the Westboro Baptist Church.

Yes, some players do like collecting as many things as they can. No they are not hurting you or the game and if you knew how much data this game handles you would laugh at the very notion that giving hunters the ability to tame every unique pet look in the game would somehow have a negative impact on Blizzard's ability to handle the amount of data that would add to what they already handle. Think about this; you can literally restore ANY item you deleted or sold or disenchanted. I don't know the time limit but I know it is a very impressive amount of time and think about the millions of people playing this game and the billions of items that get sold/deleted/disenchanted regularly. It's all there, ready to be restored if you need it. So that argument is laughably absurd.

"We have to draw the line somewhere, when is enough enough?"

Again, this is absurd. There is no limit to the number of mounts or transmogs or toys or battle pets you can collect. If it is still possible to collect something in the game, you can collect it, and its all right there ready for you to use at your pleasure. Mounts, toys, transmogs, and battle pets.

Yes I understand some of you need to have some kind of intense spiritual bond with your pet that your hunter has and that is totally fine, but giving hunters the option to tame any kind of pet they want and never worry about "space" will not change that. You will still have that special bond with that special pet you have and your argument that you don't need a stable is completely irrelevant to what we are discussing here. It's a video game. Nobody needs this game, you need water, food, heat, and shelter. You don't need anything else. I don't have 50 pairs of shoes because 1) Shoes cost money 2) shoes need to be stored in the limited space that I have in my home. Storage space is not a concern for Blizzard or a game like this. Again, look at the mounts/transmogs/toys/battle pets. Money is also not a concern because this is a subscription based game model and we don't use a cash shop to get new appearances for gear or pets like other games using the cash shop model. Yes, there are a few mounts and helms and companion pets you can buy for money but nobody could honestly say WoW is a cash shop game. Add that up and you see there is no reason why pet storage should ever be an issue in this game. If there is a unique tameable look, you should be able to tame it, given the precedent they've already set with mounts, toys, and battle pets.

When they removed all the unique pet abilities and specializations, pets basically became transmogs. They kept some slows and heal reductions for pvp, they kept the bloodlust, but generally you are getting 3 kinds of pets:
1) The everyday pet that has no special ability its just your favourite pet or it's whatever pet you use for your current transmog
2) The pvp pet with either the slow or the heal reduction, whichever would probably be more useful for your build and what type of pvp you are doing
3) The raid pets in case the raid needs a bres or bloodlust
Besides those 5 different pets, everything else is just a transmog now. The underlight angler and the waterwalking mounts make waterwalking pets pointless.

Being upset at having 50 stable slots, all of them occupied by a pet that took a degree of time or skill to acquire, and having to choose one of those pets and deleting it if you ever want to tame a new one, is a legitimate problem. It's a legitimate problem and it's only getting worse as time goes on and newer, better looking pets are introduced into the game. Being upset that other people playing the same game as you get to do something that they really want to do, that has zero impact on your experience in the game is just ridiculous. Let the hunters tame any pet look they want. They can tame every single unique look in the game if they want. I keep waiting for a logical argument against being able to collect every pet appearance in the game but all I see are the same arguments about how they never use 50 different pets and how they have such a special bond with their 2 pets that they have been using for 10+ years... Yes that's fine. You still haven't given me a logical argument about why we shouldn't be able to collect pets, especially since pets are literally just cosmetic preference from a game development and balance point of view.

TL;DR
Don't be absurd. Of course players should get to tame as many pets as they want, collect as many mounts as they want, and unlock as many transmogs as they want. It's a video game. If you don't want to tame more than 1 pet, then dont. If you don't like how easy it is to level with heirlooms, don't use the heirlooms! Just do what makes you happy! Let other people be happy! They aren't hurting you! Stop being so ridiculous! Just let them be them and you can be you. See how I brought this full circle? The gay-marriage of WoW folks.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'm not going to beat around the bush with you: if you really believe that the topic of having gay marriage legalised is like having unlimited pet slots, then I suggest you take to google and actually do some research. Gay marriage is something people have died for; stable slots are a luxury. You cannot come onto a pet forum and just expect everyone to just conform to your opinion because the word 'pet' is in the website name.

The rest of your argument is valid, but when you put it so aggressively and liken it to the very real, very serious battle for gay marriage, then you're not going to have people agree with you, purely for the comparison.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wow, really? You are going to compare my opinion in regards to pet and stable slots to that of real life hatred? No, just no. I agree that I have been rather vocal and blunt about my opinions in the past, but the key word is "past". Note the dates of those posts. I have toned down a lot since then, but even then, you would try and compare me something like that? You are comparing something in real life to things that aren't even real.

I agree with some of what you've said, but there is plenty that I don't. I have already addressed these things in the current thread in the Battle for Azeroth section. But if you're going to make such comparisons...
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Neptr wrote:Wow I this is so weird, especially since this is the petopia forums I thought you guys would love pets here. I keep thinking I know the kind of people who play this game after 10 years but clearly I don't. It's just pet storage guys. You literally took something so common sense and turned it into the gay marriage of world of warcraft. And just looking at the comments in this thread it seems like this person Valnaaros is basically the Westboro Baptist Church.
That is not an appropriate comparison. And Valnaaros does not deserve to be talked about like that. Please stop.