Auction House Hate

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shaiandra
Realm: US WrA [A/H]

Auction House Hate

Unread post by Shaiandra »

So. I go to look at the cost of the fresh talbuk meat right?
People are selling it for 100k ><

Anybody know where a good place to commit talbuk genocide is?
Might as well farm it and get plenty of skins and stuff while I'm at it lol.

To skies unflown,
To waters unexplored,
To paths not yet walked,
To creatures who have yet to run beside me,
I say to you, this challenge you give, I accept and conquer.

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Auction House Hate

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Yeah WTG Blizz for creating a farming situation where we have to compete with farmers and ridiculous ah prices. :/ I'm never going to get this to drop. :(
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Yeah... :/ It's bad. I see nonhunters farming it a lot too. And hunters farming for profit.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

To be fair, I bet there's a lot of skinners trying to get the skinning mini-pet larva, and there's not much to skin but Talbuks and Panthera.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Though, some people who are non-Hunters who are farming it may not be doing it just to re-sell. I know a few friends of mine who are farming it on their non-hunter characters either for their Hunter alt (because its easier since their Hunter doesnt have the gear to make farming Argus super easy) or for friends who are Hunters and aren't online due to work/school/etc so they can have a chance to get Panthara when they do log in.

So while the hype is strong right now, there will be more talbuk soon with Mac'Aree opening next Tuesday. So more people will be spaced out instead of competing for resources in the same smaller areas.

Shaiandra

Oh good. This reminds me that I need to update my sig and such, I moved to Wyrmrest Accord a while ago. So, no doubt my server is particularly annoying cuz of price... Any hunters Horde side on my server wanna try getting it with me? xD

To skies unflown,
To waters unexplored,
To paths not yet walked,

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

go to the forest where the blue panthera rare is. (not the petrified forest, the one a little farther up the path.) there should be about 9 talbuks there if you count the two at the entrance. Kill those and realm hop to new servers using the parade quest tab when you are done.
I hear the mountain path in the middle of the map is ok too. you have a small group that runs the path as well as a few others scatter about.

Yeah, this was really poorly planned. Making it a sellable rare drop with a limited spawn pool to farm and a buggy method that wastes meat to boot, has created a pretty unfair vortex of demand. best of luck. =/

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, this is an unmitigated storm of bull excrement. Blizzard finally made a way to sell hunter pets. And really screwed it up too! Well done, well done. So, if someone buys that piece of talbuk meat in trade chat for 75k, there is only a chance it will work. If not, then 75k down the drain. Somehow, that doesn't seem right. Not for the buyer or seller. Though I admit I'm not real pleased with the sellers, since we have compete not just against hunters for the drops, but against everyone! I spent 4 hours farming for it today and my competition was a hunter only a few times. I also didn't get a single piece of it. After four freakin hours. I'd considered buying a piece, but, fortunately found out that the taming is screwed up, so I didn't waste my gold. And that would have been literally all my gold.

I did get a panthara though, since my partner found two pieces later on and give them to me. I got the first tame just fine, and went to get the silver one, which is the one I wanted more, and used the exact same method but wasn't able to tame it. Thanks Blizz.

What made the developers think this was a good idea?
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Some douchebag MG hordeside keeps buying up any talbuk meat less than 50k and putting it up for 97k. I hope they step on a lego barefoot.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Ngl, Blizzard really need to up the drop rate of this meat. Last I checked, hunters didn't need to run against a drop rate similar to that of a rare dungeon mount in order to have a chance to tame a pet. At the very least, up the drop rate for hunters specifically, so people don't contend with someone who is just trying to make some gold off of desperate hunters, but it's not impossible for people who are farming for friends who otherwise can't

150k, still, from the last time I checked on my server. Considering how often the meat fails, they shouldn't be worth that much
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

It is really frustrating. I get that they like to make taming challenges, but they should really keep in mind the game is supposed to be fun. This is just tedious and stupid. They're not even spirit beasts. The whole taming situation is getting completely out of hand.
Shaiandra

Actually, if they make it soulbound and for hunters ONLY that would fix the problem right there.
Then give it like ten charges or make it like, a hunter only toy or something.
There is a way to keep it fair AND keep people from being exploiting douche bags.

To skies unflown,
To waters unexplored,
To paths not yet walked,

Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

At least server hopping is easier. Look for WQ in the area, find a group on low pop server with it

Honestly I will admit, I got my panthera and then put an extra meat in AH purely for giggles.... didn't expect it to sell lol. I'll use it on the purple yellow kitty in next zone for sure
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I made a path of it.

This is likely not going to make any sense, so here we go! :) Start at the first Korkron base that you get a teleporter to, exit and go up to the left a little, kill the two that are there. Go down towards the giant mech, kill one along the way. Go pass the mech and that little corridor has about 4 to kill. Keep on going down past the base area that has a stablemaster in it-there should be two right off to the right near the path to the forest with the panthera rare. Keep going down that path, there should be two more along the path, then another 5 in the forest area itself. Backtrack, go all the way past the mech, this time take a right to go down a path-there should be two more, than another two, than a group of three patting. Repeat.

Killed close to 400 of them that way, got 6 meats that way between my best friend and myself.

And while I agree that they people who are price gouging are jerks, don't always hate on the non-hunters that are out there-I am thinking I will be getting on my skinning toon, who is not a hunter, to go out there and kill some more today-in hopes of getting the pet and perhaps another two meat, one for myself and one for my friend. I could keep doing it on my hunter, but it seems wasteful to do it on a nonskinner.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I spent ages following the north-south and east-west roads near the hovel, killing talbuks for what seemed like an eternity. I ended up with a ton of leather and 4 of the meat needed. When I did the Argus intro chain on my Shaman, I killed two talbuk in front of the spot where you first teleport down from the Vindicaar before you even establish the first base and got 1 meat. Sadly, that RNG luck didn't hold, as I offed talbuk while questing after that and didn't get any more.

I plan on holding on to any meat I get so I can try to tame another panthera, though if any friends/guildmates with hunters need some, I'll give it to 'em.