Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Quiv »

Has anyone confirmed the meat drops from the Mac'aree talbuk? I'm on a murdering spree. The skinners are happy but no meats yet.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They do! I got a few on the PTR.

I mostly killed in that grassy area that surrounds the base of the Seat of the Triumvirate, but I suspect they drop anywhere.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
KeyLimeSerpent
Realm: Wymrest Accord

Unread post by KeyLimeSerpent »

Quiv wrote:Has anyone confirmed the meat drops from the Mac'aree talbuk? I'm on a murdering spree. The skinners are happy but no meats yet.
I've gotten one on live as well, don't need it though.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I punch talbuks incidentally, now that I happily have most of the kitties I want. I'd like a yellow green one but my stables are full and I think it's for the best. Mostly, I'd like to donate meat to some of my friends.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

The meats definitely drop from Mac'aree talbuks on live.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

They do definitely drop meat in Mac'Aree, though I've noticed some of the "Skittish" named ones do not drop anything (seem to be one of those minimal-hp type mobs). But I got a meat after about 20 mins of killing talbuks near the area with the machines walking around, they seemed to respawn fast.

That said, used the trap - walk up and FD - Throw meat from FD - Tame method and successfully got my second panthara, the final color I wanted (until Naroua is tameable someday). So I think that's just the method I'll stick with for myself. Thank god no more talbuk murdering for me.

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

Tamed a Trench Stalker on my blood elf hunter. Named her Felicia. I thought that was a clever bit of word play. I'm wondering if maybe the meat drop rate increased because I also have an Alpha on her. My gnome hunter had to spend a lot longer just to get the first meat to drop, this one took all of 10 minutes for two.
Greyweed
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Greyweed »

Hello everyone!
I had a theory, a theory that cost me like 40k gold because of evades and griefers.
What if you tame a Shadowseeker or Manafeeder Panthara while it's Engorged? (you know the buff they get when they feed that turns them violet and makes them bigger)
Would it stay colored like its' empowered state, the 'violet' version you can see on Petopia?

Nope. It doesn't.

After 7 failed attempts I finally managed to tame a recently fed Shadowseeker Panthara without its' Engorged buff running out, but as soon as it was mine the color was changed back to the default blue-grey.
Last edited by Greyweed on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selenah
Realm: C'Thun

Unread post by Selenah »

Quiv wrote:Has anyone confirmed the meat drops from the Mac'aree talbuk? I'm on a murdering spree. The skinners are happy but no meats yet.
Yes, got 3 meats in the last hour.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Thanks for the confirmations! I guess I gotta continue my slaughter spree. If I ever tame one of the poor talbuks, it'll probably be terrified if I ever use it.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I might tame a talbuk, but hopefully they did/do buff the meat drop rate. No offense to blizzard, but a whelpling-esque drop rate on a tame item for kitties is kind of silly. At least boost it to 20% or more would be good, I think.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I've no idea what luck you guys have, but I'm at 200+ kills, a good 100 of these being Mac'Aree talbuks, and I haven't had any more meat drop. I had one drop after 200+ kills, two drop after 120 ish kills each, and now I'm back up to the high numbers.

If they've upped the drop rate, either I'm still super unlucky, or they just haven't upped it enough :') someone in their little Blizzard office is having a great time, that's all I know
jna3773
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU) (Ally) Earthen-Ring (EU) (Horde)

Unread post by jna3773 »

I finally got a panthara ! My very first one !
Tamed the panthara apex (yellow & green). Or it might have been the stalker, it is yellow & green. (sorry i was so excited forgot if it was the apex or stalker).
It was the one that is very near the stairs and the walking giant robot and sleeping as well.
What I did:

1. spec into SV
2. hit camouflage rightaway and sneeked very close behind the cat (its tail is facing towards me).
3. still in camouflage using freezing trap.
4. Did not get aggro and threw the meat in the middle of the target circle.
5. blood splatter animation and immediately selected the cat as target and hit tame as fast as i could and it worked.

Btw: First 2 meats I got rather quickly (tamed failed with those 2) and the third meat it took me very long to get.
So the droprate is random in my opinion, meaning that it can happen rather quickly or takes ages.

edit
oke, i just killed a few talbuks.. litterally 4 talbuks in mac'aree and got another meat again !
it really is random.. the one that took very long was around 180 kills or more (i'm not entirely sure how many) before a meat dropped.
jna3773
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU) (Ally) Earthen-Ring (EU) (Horde)

Unread post by jna3773 »

first tame in my previous post was around 03:17 hrs.

second tame:
time: 04:08 hrs (night time in the netherlands)

Tamed a Duskcloak Panthara using the same method.
SV - camo - trap - thow meat - blood splatter - select cat - hit tame.

In a matter of a few hours from none to two panthara's. pfewww. finally :D
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Anyone having luck taming the Purple Panthara Shadowfang? My friend and I spent the evening hunting up meats to help her get it. We tried taming one down in the dark cave system, another near a field of talbuk that was eating a dead talbuk near a pillar. After 4 tries, we finally just gave up hunting for the night. Someone told her that the one in the cave was glitchy, but we have not found any of that coloration that is not glitchy it seems?

I was able to tame a Blue-Grey one on Mac'Aree, and we have already had a number of successful tames between us, so we do know how to tame them, its just that there are so many misfires so far.. curious if anyone else has tamed them.
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

I tamed one the other night without trouble, but have had problems with the blue-grey ones. I can't recall offhand which specific individual I nabbed, though.
Attachments
IMG_6765.JPG
IMG_6765.JPG (126.51 KiB) Viewed 4043 times

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Shade wrote:Anyone having luck taming the Purple Panthara Shadowfang? My friend and I spent the evening hunting up meats to help her get it. We tried taming one down in the dark cave system, another near a field of talbuk that was eating a dead talbuk near a pillar. After 4 tries, we finally just gave up hunting for the night. Someone told her that the one in the cave was glitchy, but we have not found any of that coloration that is not glitchy it seems?

I was able to tame a Blue-Grey one on Mac'Aree, and we have already had a number of successful tames between us, so we do know how to tame them, its just that there are so many misfires so far.. curious if anyone else has tamed them.
Yeah, the purple Panthara Shadowfang is the 2nd one I tamed. I tamed one that was out of the cave system, that was in the field near the ones eating a dead talbuk.

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Rikaku wrote:
Shade wrote:Anyone having luck taming the Purple Panthara Shadowfang? My friend and I spent the evening hunting up meats to help her get it. We tried taming one down in the dark cave system, another near a field of talbuk that was eating a dead talbuk near a pillar. After 4 tries, we finally just gave up hunting for the night. Someone told her that the one in the cave was glitchy, but we have not found any of that coloration that is not glitchy it seems?

Yeah, the purple Panthara Shadowfang is the 2nd one I tamed. I tamed one that was out of the cave system, that was in the field near the ones eating a dead talbuk.

We tried for about 9 times now? The one that was successful was the purple one that pats towards the cave and then back towards another that is eating a talbuk. The first 8 tries were in BM, using the method that showed to work when she tamed the fel one.

Then I found this:
jna3773 wrote:I finally got a panthara ! My very first one !
Tamed the panthara apex (yellow & green). Or it might have been the stalker, it is yellow & green. (sorry i was so excited forgot if it was the apex or stalker).
It was the one that is very near the stairs and the walking giant robot and sleeping as well.
What I did:

1. spec into SV
2. hit camouflage rightaway and sneeked very close behind the cat (its tail is facing towards me).
3. still in camouflage using freezing trap.
4. Did not get aggro and threw the meat in the middle of the target circle.
5. blood splatter animation and immediately selected the cat as target and hit tame as fast as i could and it worked.

Btw: First 2 meats I got rather quickly (tamed failed with those 2) and the third meat it took me very long to get.
So the droprate is random in my opinion, meaning that it can happen rather quickly or takes ages.

edit
oke, i just killed a few talbuks.. litterally 4 talbuks in mac'aree and got another meat again !
it really is random.. the one that took very long was around 180 kills or more (i'm not entirely sure how many) before a meat dropped.
And she tried that, finally succeeding after two days of trying in the BM spec, which frustratingly enough had worked on other colorations without trouble.

She named him "Pain" to commemorate the occasion and the heck he put us through.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Grats to you guys on getting him finally, Shade! :D

It's really interesting to me that the SV camo way worked so well for you (and others). I tried that method so many times and absolutely fail. I actually went back after taming my 2nd Panthara to try the SV camo way again, just to see if it was me or what. Nope fail.

Maybe I'm just more comfy with BM or something? IDK. SV-Camo method is about 4:4 failing for me lol

I just wonder why the method is so... random with results for different players. XD

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I just wish the red one was available. I got my pale blue one, and I love it, but that red is so smexxy...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket