Flight Rising Rant Thread

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Ana »

Dewclaw thanks :). Lupen ohh i like that look!! I might keep the glimmer cost me a lot heh...I can't sell my dragons as many off them are gifts. ..and also I would never be able to get the gems back I used on them heh. Zed i feel you. ..I like old genes but something new genes just looks amazing :/...

Also we need more lair space!!!!

And i would sooo love if we could change dragons eye color. .they could just make a dragon lair bound after eye color change. ..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

nvm

insert rant about lairspace

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Tarn I hate to do this but I agree with them. I don't believe flight colored contacts are appropriate. I would love non flight colored ones though

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

nvm

insert rant about lairspace

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I think I know who you are talking about and yes they have a very ummm blunt way of phrasing things . I don't think they mean any harm by it but it can be a shock for sure :hug:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

As a bluntly honest person, not all people who speak/type in that manner are doing it to look like assholes. I have a straightforward way of talking; I don't always know that I need to change/look at how I say things because it's who I am. People either understand or get upset, such is my life. I dislike the assumption that people are being assholes or mean just because they disagree with an idea and phrase it in a logical manner. I am not a mean person, and attempting to use logic in a post is not inherently mean.

And I'm sorry, but a game that is based on lore SHOULD care about its lore; if it didn't then it just makes for a shitty story/game. There's a reason Blizzard has taken a lot of flack for some of the story changes they've implemented. It's okay that individual people don't care about the lore, but those people shouldn't get to dictate changes that enter a game, sorry. I too disagree with flight colored contacts, however, I'm not opposed to apparel that does thing with dragon's eyes as I'm personally fond of the fact that hoods turn eyes white (and I like that they look distinctly different from Ice eyes), and the silly eyes from the mirror looking apparel are fun. I feel like FR set up the eyes/elements the way they did to actually be representative of something, and that if you could just change a dragon's element (ie through their eyes) willy nilly, it loses a lot of the touch and makes a lot of the aspects of the elements pointless.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Did not mean to upset anyone. Rant removed

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It absolutely wasn't necessary to remove your rant; that's what this thread is here for. People will have differing opinions; not everyone will agree on things and that's okay. :)

I wanted to provide some insight from the point of view of someone who is on the blunt side and share my thoughts. That does not mean that I was attacking you, Tarn, or expected you to go back on your rant and take it away.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

It's alright :). I prefer peace . Im a care bear sort of person...sometimes ;)

New topic rant. ..darn impulse buys. .

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Boy do I feel the impulse buy pain. :,D Saw a really neat, unique WC in the AH last night but her tert is awful and needs Capsule or else it'll just look horrible. ...So naturally I bought her and I'm going to spend 100k getting her a new gene. :| Her colors are so niche she's basically unbreedable.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Scrape together pennies to make capsule (haven't been able to make much treasure because dragons are pretty much only selling for gems), give it to Phalanx since he was lacking a tert and his mate has scales so it's a good matchup, they give me a 1 egg nest. I'm not even looking to try and make profit off the babies while capsule's hot right now, I just wanted to see a better variety of their babies. :(

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Not sure this is a rant or just something which annoys me a little bit. I dont care what ppl do in their private life but why do they have the need to write it evert where ? Some profiles i go on clearly states a persons sexual preferences and how you must address them.. I dont add " Im a Jehovahs Wittnes " on my profile.. because simple its not a part of fr....Its a fantasy game not relating to this world so why bother writing what you believe in/ what your sexual preference are ?.. are ppl so in need of confirmation that they must write it everywhere? I REALLY dont get it.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'm going to admit, when I first started on fr, I found it weird to put all the more personal information in the clan profile, but, as I've gone on, I understand it. Pronouns are there so you know which to use when you address someone, and the whole sexual preference (I've often seen it with little flags, but college sucked me away before I could properly look around to find some to use) may be because someone is proud, or fr is one of the places they feel safe expressing who they are :)

Also, and this probably seems like I'm nitpicking and I promise that I'm not, but I personally don't consider putting something in the profile as 'blasting it out'. I just see it as, ya know, being proud, and comfortable enough, to share who they are :D they also may be in a situation where, irl, they aren't accepted, and so fr is one of those places they can put who they are, and be happy and accepted. Idk though, this is coming from someone who's guilty of sticking pronouns in their clan profile, wanting to find me some of those pretty flags, and also I haven't been active on fr in a month or so, so :lol:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I get being proud. I am very proud of being a Jehovahs Wittness, but I just don't feel that information belongs on a fr profile. ...

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I agree with Kayro. :) They're not harming anyone by having the information there, and likely aren't looking to put it "on blast" or try to draw excessive attention. Having those things there alerts people how to address them as well as could draw in other people with like-minded interests and then they get to make new friends. :) So long as they're not hurting anyone, I don't have an issue with it. For example, LupisDarkmoon has their preferred pronouns listed in their profile. :)

[/center]
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Whether or not you feel something 'belongs' on fr depends on each person, and what you want to get for fr. Like Tyger said, it's just another thing that brings others together to be friends - other than the love for dragons and dressing them up pretty, of course :D
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh I will never get it Im afraid :) but thats what good with opinions. They dont need to be the same :D To me its just rather irritating to see something which I really did not need to know ..Would feel the same if someone wrote "I wash my dishes ever Sunday".. its like.. why do I need to know that :P

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

You would hope that someone would wash their dishes more than once every Sunday :lol: but yeah, it's a personal difference, and that's all good :)
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I've been breeding a pair of dragons for months trying to get a specific female guardian out of them. This morning, I FINALLY hatched a guardian in the colors I wanted.
It's male.
Raaaaaaage.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

5 ppl added to blck today.. why cant ppl disagree and debate without insulting ...sigh. :? :roll: