The New PetEmote Thread - Incubus Ideas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: The New PetEmote Thread - Feathery Phrases!

Unread post by Iowawolf »

No worries I understand real life is more important then a video game and by re adding I mean I downloaded them again and added them back into my add on folder for WOW.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Just wondering how do I add custom emotes for my Netherbeak I would like to see what trouble she can get into being a feathermane and thank you for help.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

As explained in my previous post: When you download the CustomEmotes ZiP file from the first post go to your downloads and extract the files from it. You should have a "custom-emotes" (or "custom-emotes.xml") file, a "custom-emotes.lua" file and a "custom-emotes.xml.bak" file. Copy and paste those files into the PetEmote addon folder in your WoW Interface folder, replacing the ones already there if there are any.

EDIT: I am a massive derp. If you downloaded the file and did as above but nothing is working I just found out why - the Feathermanes family name didn't save properly and was still "untitled". I've updated the file in the first post so it should work now. Sorry about that.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Thank you for the help in telling me what to do to get feathermanes to show in the add on I did what you said and it worked now my Netherbeak has a voice.
Onua

Unread post by Onua »

Hi

First of all, thanks for maintaining a great adoon and adding all the new things.

I would like to suggest a change to how the emotes start out.
They have this space between the name and the ' that I find annoying.
Like - Onua *space* 's super aweome pet does great things...
Onua 's Mechanical Ninus activates Hunt mode as it detects a nearby critter.

Its a minor thing, but it has been annoying me for a long time - sorry.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Unfortunately, I don't think that's something that can be changed—the addon uses the blizzard default chat system and emotes, which always include a space after the player's name/server. Even if you type in the emote manually, you'll still get that space.

You could change it to include a reaction from your character as well so that the space makes sense, e.g. "Xella sighs as her pet sporebat Sporey spits out a spore cloud." or something, but that would require I guess a second gender check (for your character, as well as your pet). That's about the best you're gonna get, though :(
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Onua

Unread post by Onua »

Oh well, guess i will have to live with it.
The option with the rewritten reaction from the character seems nice, but i guess that will take quite some work from the addon authors.
Thanks a lot for the answer!
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Yep it's as Xella said. What PetEmote really does is make automatic, randomised emotes using the in-game emote system which has that space. Adding a reaction for the hunter for each and every emote wouldn't really work as not only are there a LOT of emotes to cater to for that but it could upset a lot of people. I wouldn't imagine everyone who uses the addon would enjoy seeing their hunter sigh every time their sporebat spits out a spore cloud (to unashamedly steal Xella's example).

If however you like that idea for yourself and have the time to go through each emote the Editor program is available to download in my first post. That will allow you to edit them for your personal benefit. It's easy to use, just remember to save as you go along just in case (I've been there, made a bunch of emotes then had to retype them cos I didn't save properly x_x) and remember that any personal emotes will be overwritten whenever the addon core is updated.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Just wondering when was last time this was updated since Marsuuls are a rodent I was thinking they would use those emotes but when running around with mine it hasn't said a word unless there is a way to get it to talk I don't know about.

Thank you for answers.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I haven't updated since the feathermanes were added, sorry about that. Between not visiting here often, not playing WoW and feeling demotivated since finding out a lot of people stopped using the addon I've not had the desire to add anything. If people are still using it and are interested I will continue to at least put up new custom emotes (with family fixes) here. I'm uncertain what will happen with the main addon for now as my brother has either been working or sick.

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Hey, you're still doing great work! I do see people using this addon still. I don't use it anymore myself (I know, I know) because I don't like to draw attention to myself so much, and people in my guild would proooobably laugh at me >.< But, I'm glad that things are still going, and it makes me smile when I see the emotes being used :) Don't get discouraged.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

No worries and don't feel bad cause I for one always use it which is why anytime I find a family not working I ask why so all my pets have a voice as for just doing custom that is cool but take your time this is never a rush thing.

I do hope you feel better soon.
Alraune
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Alraune »

I honestly love this addon, Even though my lock is on a pve realm & I use the addon for RP, every once in a while I like my Demons to do an emote
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Yes, Varethyn, you're doing a great thing with this addon. But I do have a question. My new void elf's warp stalker is curiously silent emote-wise. Is she supposed to be using the standard warp stalker emote set, or do I just need to wait till the "void stalker" gets its own set of emotes?

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks for the support guys :hug: I've been keeping a close eye on the BFA threads to see if anything new pops up so there will (hopefully) be updates in the future, although I do hope to see the core addon get updated when my brother gets the time to do so. I finally changed the Porcupine family to Rodent so hopefully porkies and marsuuls alike should chitter once again. I'll include a ZIP file in this post as well as update the one in the OP. Reminder as always to be aware if you have a copy of the PetEmote Editor and use personal custom emotes as they will be wiped once you update the file and/or addon.

Odd that voidstalkers aren't using the Warp Stalker family emotes. As far as I'm aware they are warpies and are listed as such. I haven't played WoW since before Tomb opened let alone rolled a VElf yet so if anyone can confirm that they are indeed warp stalkers that would be great. If it's not that, it's possible some things aren't working correctly due the core addon having not been updated. I'll send my brother another note to see if he can get that done.

Let me know if anything else goes wrong.
Attachments
CustomEmotes.zip
(460.04 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Much thanks. Oubliette the void stalker is looking forward to being able to emote!

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Re: The New PetEmote Thread - Void vs Warp?

Since no one has yet confirmed if voidstalkers are warp stalkers or their own separate family I've gone ahead and made a Voidstalker family using warp stalker emotes. Can people with voidstalker pets please add this and let me know if it works or not.

Something to consider: If voidstalkers are indeed not responding to warp stalker emotes then it is possible that they will be a separate family in-game. For that reason can people with warp stalker pets please let me know if your warpies are emoting properly before installing the new files? Much appreciated!
Attachments
CustomEmotes.zip
(464.94 KiB) Downloaded 293 times

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Varethyn wrote:Since no one has yet confirmed if voidstalkers are warp stalkers or their own separate family I've gone ahead and made a Voidstalker family using warp stalker emotes. Can people with voidstalker pets please add this and let me know if it works or not.

Something to consider: If voidstalkers are indeed not responding to warp stalker emotes then it is possible that they will be a separate family in-game. For that reason can people with warp stalker pets please let me know if your warpies are emoting properly before installing the new files? Much appreciated!
Sitting here with my void stalker pet out and I added the new custom emotes but she is still silent no hurry to fix just letting you know.

Tamed a normal warpie on my Nightbourne and they still talked to me again just letting you know void is silent but warps talk.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't currently have the addon, but I thought I'd mention that their name is 'Void Stalker' by default, with a space, perhaps that might make a difference?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

If that's the case it really will make a difference, as once upon a time Water Elementals had a lower case e for elemental and one day their emotes stopped working until I capitalised it. Or they never worked until I did, I didn't mage back then x) I'd been going off the voidstalker skin listed under warp stalkers - which is labelled as one word - and all efforts to find them on WoWHead yielded nothing on either version.

New custom emotes for Void Stalker available for testing!
Attachments
CustomEmotes.zip
(466.94 KiB) Downloaded 292 times