Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Panthara taming puzzle-solving thread

Unread post by Novikova »

I like that violet one, too. But alas, no such luck.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

This has worked for me both times

Switch to survival

Line these up on your bar like so

Camo | Ice trap | fresh meat | tame beast

Target panthera
Use camo
Get close
Ice trap panthera
Drop meat on panthera
Tame beast

100% success so far
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I wanted panthara of all colours but the drop rate is so miniscule I just lost interest in it. Fortunately, the two that dropped for me was not wasted and I got two beautiful pantharas now. The third drop I sold at at AH for 20k because, fuck it.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

kinda wannanother panthara

reeeeally don't feel like farming meat for three hours

/thestruggleisreal

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

bardgal
Realm: Antonidas, Uldum, Icecrown

Unread post by bardgal »

Don't be me.

I failed again.

I forgot to Ice Trap.

:cry:
Bromihecal

Unread post by Bromihecal »

I don't get this, I did it perfectly, 1) Throw an ice trap on the panthera 2) Feign death to clear aggro 3) Camouflage 4) Throw the talbuk meat on the panthera 5) Tame immediately, as the meat buff doesn't last long, tried twice on Trench Stalker, no effect
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

Bromihecal wrote:I don't get this, I did it perfectly, 1) Throw an ice trap on the panthera 2) Feign death to clear aggro 3) Camouflage 4) Throw the talbuk meat on the panthera 5) Tame immediately, as the meat buff doesn't last long, tried twice on Trench Stalker, no effect
Make sure you're behind the panthara and wait for the "splash" effect (looks bloody) on the cat and tame as soon as you see it. If you tame too early, it will fail. There is no actual debuff icon that appears.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Bromihecal

Unread post by Bromihecal »

Helsinki wrote:
Bromihecal wrote:I don't get this, I did it perfectly, 1) Throw an ice trap on the panthera 2) Feign death to clear aggro 3) Camouflage 4) Throw the talbuk meat on the panthera 5) Tame immediately, as the meat buff doesn't last long, tried twice on Trench Stalker, no effect
Make sure you're behind the panthara and wait for the "splash" effect (looks bloody) on the cat and tame as soon as you see it. If you tame too early, it will fail. There is no actual debuff icon that appears.

Wasted 5 meats so far. If I could I would have recorded a video. Trap, fd, blood spatter, behind etc. etc. imo this is buggy as hell
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It is buggy. Friends and guildies of mine have followed the method exactly, and they failed a few times until they finally got it.
Daisypoo
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Daisypoo »

Wasted 30k on two tries. I did what was said on the site: "Panthara require a trick to tame. Farm up some Fresh Talbuk Meat from talbuks on Argus; approach your target; throw a Freezing Trap; Feign Death to lose aggro (this is essential for the meat to work); throw the meat directly on top of the panthara; tame quickly!" and that didn't work.

I should've seen this thread. Now I'll go farm meat myself because I'm not wasting anymore gold :x :x

Xylexia wrote:This has worked for me both times

Switch to survival

Target panthera
Use camo
Get close
Ice trap panthera
Drop meat on panthera
Tame beast

100% success so far
Got a meat and this worked perfect for me. I also made sure I was behind the mob like some are reporting mattered
Last edited by Daisypoo on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I've tamed 2 , and have never been behind the pet, nor have I ever feigned death. I used survival spec and camo both times.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

In my time committing accidental Talbuk genocide when killing rares since week two came about, I've managed to loot a good bit of extra meat. So, even though I didn't like any other colors other than purple and yellow, I went and tried taming a few to see how people might be having trouble. Here's exactly what I did;

1) Walk into melee range, or get the attention of, the intended tame target
2) Drop a freezing trap, encasing it in ice and stunning it
3) Feign Death on the spot
4) While in Feign Death, I make sure the lowest part of the meat's circle is just below the Panthara's chin
5) Once I click to throw the meat, I hit Tame Beast once; it will evade the first time
6) After the evade, I hit Tame Beast again, and it works without error.

This has worked a total of 5 times for me now, and I've only had 5 meat (other than two spares I donated away to other hunters). I was in Beast Mastery spec, fully geared and not naked (At least my character wasn't, that is!). I have not had a single issue doing it this way, and I'll continue checking every time I get meat. I've done it to the following colors so far;

Panthara Shadowfang
Manafeeder Panthara
Panthara Apex
Duskcloak Panthara
Duskcloak Alpha

Haven't tried a Fel Green one yet, but It'll probably work on my first meat just like the other five.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Two things I would keep in mind if you are having trouble with these tames.

1) make sure you do not have something that will proc and autoattack the beast just in case. My friend had a lot of trouble andone of the things I noticed was she had a trinket that would cause a hydra head to spawn and attack her target.

2) make sure that you are not on uneven terrain if you can. With my own trouble taming the fel-green and my freind's many unlucky tames of the purple, one thing I noticed is that our unsuccessful tries were on uneven ground, making it hard to properly place where the meat would land.
PopCulturePooka

Unread post by PopCulturePooka »

Just as a meat farming tip, I've gotten good amounts of meat by:

1. Going to areas of Mac'Aree where Talbuks are plentiful and in groups of 3-4. Rounding up a fat lot of them with Multi-shot (around 10).
2. Letting them wail on me/pet in a large group.
3. Firing Lights Judgement and then Aspect of the Turtle.
4. Looting.
5. Finding another large group.
plainguy

Unread post by plainguy »

Daisypoo wrote:Wasted 30k on two tries. I did what was said on the site: "Panthara require a trick to tame. Farm up some Fresh Talbuk Meat from talbuks on Argus; approach your target; throw a Freezing Trap; Feign Death to lose aggro (this is essential for the meat to work); throw the meat directly on top of the panthara; tame quickly!" and that didn't work.

I should've seen this thread. Now I'll go farm meat myself because I'm not wasting anymore gold :x :x

Xylexia wrote:This has worked for me both times

Switch to survival

Target panthera
Use camo
Get close
Ice trap panthera
Drop meat on panthera
Tame beast

100% success so far
Got a meat and this worked perfect for me. I also made sure I was behind the mob like some are reporting mattered
I tried this 2 times with no success.

Some clarity please anyone.

1. Can you tame the panthera while it is frozen ?

So you should be taming while the Panthera is trapped and has the meat on top of him as well ?
Basically 2 things should be happening at the same time to tame.. Trapped and Meat..

I am thinking I didn't drop the meat on top of the panthrea is the problem.
I dropped the meat in front of him. Again it makes sense to drop on top as it is an aoe splash like any other aoe target circle.
I was thinking the Panthera needs to "SEE" the meat and not be hit in the face with it. Which is again probably the issue I am having.

First time the meat timer expired and the Panthera was still frozen.. Again meat was in front and not on top.
Second time I waited for the timer to almost expire on frozen trap and then tossed the meat.. Again the Panthera ignored the meat and came after me.
Again I tossed the meat IN FRONT and not ON TOP of the Panthera.

Both times was a FD but in front of Panthera.

But I will go Camo mode as well next time.
Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal et al.

Unread post by Aoife »

My method while in BM:

* freeze-trap a sleeping panthara

* walk up very close to rear end

* feign death

* throw/drop meat

* tame
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

405 talbuks later and I managed to apparently fluff up taming one of the silver-blue ones this time :') but I have gathered from here that the alphas are a pain to get, and that it won't always go right regardless. I just wish I'd brought the meat from my ah when it dropped to 4k all of a sudden
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This may not actually be an issue (I'm probably just paranoid) but I also try to kill all critters in the vicinity in case the code decides that some critter that blundered in at the last second absorbs the blood instead of the panthara.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

When I get another piece of meat, I'll have to try that, just as an extra precaution :) I did get another piece after 15 kills (which I believe I'm owed after the horrendous grind before :') ) and managed to get an alpha.

To be safe from now on, the only ones I'll attempt to tame are the ones with minimal critters around and are sleeping - because I don't know if the tracking or whatever is off with the ones that patrol, but the alpha that I tried before was moving, and the alpha I actually got was sleeping. I did everything the exact same. It's just one of those things that shall befuddle me :')
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

It's buggy, I think. There's a lot of luck and exactness. I am grateful I have the colors I want until red/black and purple/pink are out (Pleeeeeeease put them out).
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!