Suggestion for silithid wasps in revamped Silithus

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Suggestion for silithid wasps in revamped Silithus

Unread post by Wain »

They're making changes to Silithus in the next patch and adding some new NPCs. I thought it would be a great time to suggest they add the bright green silithid wasp skin. Any support for the post would be appreciated :)
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759226857#1

FYI the skin looks like this, but would need to be copied to the right database folder, as it's currently used for a kind of small, pretend creature in the zone, which is in a different folder entirely.

Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Suggestion for silithid wasps in revamped Silithus

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

A new skin would be nice, but an HD remaster to the old wasp skin would be nice too. The core hound remaster was absolutely perfect, and something of that level for the Silithids without drastic changes to their appearances would be perfect.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Posted my support!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Are they adding new NPCs to Silithus? As far as I'm aware, the only new NPCs being added are on Argus. All we know of Silithus is a line of audio, the undetailed minimap view, and the fact that the area will be phased; allowing you to return to the old version, much like Blasted Lands and Theramore. But due to how badly damaged the region is, I wouldn't be surprised if everything is killed.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There’s a bunch of Silithus NPCs in the PTR database, so I think so. Unless they’re going to spawn as corpses.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There is a fairly good chance they are corpses, due to what happens in the region. Anything above ground probably wouldn't be alive, and I can't see any tunnels still being intact.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I’ll have to take a closer look. I’m sure some silithids will survive around the periphery. They’re like ants and seem to survive anything :p
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You never know, but I am doubtful. Whatever is the case, we won't know till they enable access to that area.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Whatever happens, I wish they'd not make new stuff using old art :(
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Eh, being near the lifeblood of a titan would probably cause them to be alive/transformed into something else.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Assuming they survive the massive shockwave and explosion of Fel from a gigantic sword being stabbed into the region. And even if they do survive, the blood of Azeroth would make them immensely powerful -- too powerful for us to tame, most likely.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I just wanted to try to get us an extra colour to tame. Geez. :p
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I want that unused color, too, Wain, but I just can't see anything surviving in Silithus after the destruction Sargeras wrought. I think a better solution would be to apply it to an already existing mob. Whenever that mob spawns, it has a chance of spawning in the unused color, or its original. Like the Hydras by Alcaz Island :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I'm all for it. It could fit whatever Silithus ends up as, and the green could even be relevant. No need to fabricate hypothetical roadblocks where none exist and don't need to exist. It would be just fine if they do.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'm not really a fan of bugs but, if anything was to survive on the outsiders of Sithilus, it would be the wasps and other bugs :lol: it would give them an opportunity to put in unused colours, like that green one, like you said
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They are not hypothetical roadblocks when we already know that the region is going to be completely devastated. Have we seen the actualy zone yet? No, but the map clearly shows that the earth has been torn apart, that none of the Silithid hives are present, and what is either blood, lava, or fire textures throughout most of the area.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

The stab is possibly at C'Thun, and the silithid could easily have hives deep under ground, deeper than AQ40 even (which hasn't been turned to lava... which creatures can survive in warcraft). This would be a good time for that unused skin to be used. There's also a number of unused ravager color combinations from Burning Crusade. And now we know (because it's been retconned) that ravagers are silithid-like creatures that have been mutated by demonic energy.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It wasn't at C'thun. Besides, C'thun and Yogg are dead. Sargeras was attempting to kill Azeroth, the world soul. His intent was to convert her to his side l. But if that fails, which it did, he would kill her to ensure that the Void Lords can't corrupt her.

So, a gigantic, fel-corrupted sword was stabbed into Silithus and, possibly, to the center of the planet. Any underground tunnels in that immediate area probably have collapsed, and the surface has been devastated. It is akin to have a very strong nuke dropped.

Silithid-like does not mean they are silithids. There is a clear difference between pre-destruction Draenor Ravagers and Silithid. And as a side note, the appearance of Ravagers on Draenor wasn't a retcon, since we didn't know how they looked prior.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Valnaaros, you seem heavily invested in your argument. Please, tell us more.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No need to be rude. I'm just saying that there probably isn't anything alive or uncorrupted in Silithus, and that a better solution would be to have the unused skin applied to an already existing mob. Would be like the Alcaz Island hydras or the Talbuks on Argus.