Prestigious Royal Courser

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Prestigious Royal Courser

Unread post by Krysteena »

On Antorus, while hopping about for the WQs, I noticed someone on what looked like the Prestigious Royal Courser, which essentially looks like the Lucid Nightmare with armour.

However I've done some research, and from what I can see, you can't actually get that mount. I don't know, though, if the sites I'm looking at are just out of date, and it is possible to get? From what I can tell, both the Royal and Midnight courses haven't been added yet, but I have definitely seen someone on the Royal one. Can you actually get the royal variant in-game? I'm presuming you can, but I can't find any links as to how.

If I had to guess, it would be a prestige rank 21 reward, but, again, I can't find any links that go past prestige 18 :')
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Prestigious Royal Courser

Unread post by Wain »

I assume you mean this one?
http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/presti ... ourser.php

That has me intrigued!

As far as I'm aware it hasn't been added yet. There are more ranks coming but last time I checked they were only up on the PTR and it wasn't obvious what the rewards would be.

Is it possible it was of the other colors, but affected by auras or lighting? Maybe not, but I had to ask :) Otherwise I'm really curious where they got it. If you see it again, please see if you can get their name and realm so we can check their Armory :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah, that one! I only really noticed because I was on my Lucid Nightmare and noticed that the other looked just like it, but with armour. I didn't have time to grab any names or anything, but I can definitely keep an eye out to see if I spot them again :)

The only other one I can think it would have been would be the azure one, and it was something funky with the lighting. Again, I'll keep an eye out for the player. They were a Tauren, but that's basically all I can remember. It was a case of 'oh, pretty mount' and it wasn't till they were gone I realised what mount it looked like :lol:
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Wain wrote:I assume you mean this one?
http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/presti ... ourser.php

That has me intrigued!

As far as I'm aware it hasn't been added yet. There are more ranks coming but last time I checked they were only up on the PTR and it wasn't obvious what the rewards would be.

Is it possible it was of the other colors, but affected by auras or lighting? Maybe not, but I had to ask :) Otherwise I'm really curious where they got it. If you see it again, please see if you can get their name and realm so we can check their Armory :)

My first thought was that it could be a lighting issue. Some areas do end up giving you a sort of puple-ish color. The area around the rare that spawns east of the Shattered Fields teleport in Krokuun, for example, gives my characters a purplish hue, similar to the one you get fighting the sisters in ToS.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

More ranks? Nice.

I'm so close to my rank 8. I think that's the Prestigious Ivory Courser?
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Prestige rank 8 + 50 levels is the Ivory, yeah :)

And I'm pretty sure it wasn't a lighting thing bc the Lucid Nightmare looked exactly the same as it always did, and the mount generally was exactly like the LN beneath it. If it was a lighting thing, then even if they were two different colours, they wouldn't (?) have looked exactly the same. I am yet to see it come up again, though. Unless it is a reward for 21 ranks, but, considering I'm not even at the Bronze one yet, I can't check :lol:
Moonith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore [A] / Zul'jin [H]

Unread post by Moonith »

I don't have an active wow sub currently and even so I don't pvp. However, I searched for Prestigious Royal Courser and ended up at this post on the EU forums. From what I'm reading it's a prestige reward. https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 900#post-1. He has some screenshot proof in the post itself including one of him riding on the mount. I even checked his armory and he shows as having collected it there too.

[ FLIGHT RISING: @Moonith ]
See a hatchling you want? If it's available it'll be on the AH or in my Exalt / For Sale tab of my lair!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ah, I knew I'd seen that one! Glad I'm not just losing my marbles :lol: thanks for the confirmation! :D
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ithilim wrote:I don't have an active wow sub currently and even so I don't pvp. However, I searched for Prestigious Royal Courser and ended up at this post on the EU forums. From what I'm reading it's a prestige reward. https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 900#post-1. He has some screenshot proof in the post itself including one of him riding on the mount. I even checked his armory and he shows as having collected it there too.
Great work! Thank you :)

I've updated it to reflect the new info.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.