Can hunters get Thunderfury now?

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Can hunters get Thunderfury now?

Unread post by Iowawolf »

With hunters able to hold swords in any of our specs is it now possible for us to get the bindings from Molten Core and start the quest chain to get Thunderfury I checked Wowhead but those comments don't mention hunters at all.

If possible how bad is the drop rate and has anyone attempted this lately on a hunter.

Thank you for replies.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Re: Can hunters get Thunderfury now?

Unread post by Shelassa »

It is possible, yes, and was possible before as well. I got mine sometime in Pandaria, I believe.

As far as drop rate goes, the best answer is RNG. It is not too horrible, but between having to pick two different Bindings and in general not being able to predict a number of runs it might take, it can be quite a long haul. On my Shaman, I got both bindings two times before I got the Eye of Sulfuras, though.

EDIT: Just for some statistics, I have 27 Ragnaros kills on my Huntress. However, I didn't kill him every single time after killing Geddon and Charr, so I'd say it took me about 50 runs.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Thank you for letting me know I can get the drops on my hunter main but now am wondering is it possible to get the Warglaive of Azzinoth dropped from Illidan I know they are swords but doesn't say if we hunters can use them.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I can't say for sure "now" but hunters certainly were eligible "back then." I've had Thunderfury on my hunter since WOTLK.

Hunters cannot use the Warglaives, they are class restricted and hunters are not on the list.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Yes I have it in my bank and the hammer too but can't equip it...you can technically get them all but just can't use them (correct me if that's wrong though).

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I don't believe you can get ICC, Firelands, or Dragon Soul legendaries on a hunter due to those quests being class limited.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Quiv wrote:I don't believe you can get ICC, Firelands, or Dragon Soul legendaries on a hunter due to those quests being class limited.
That is true, and same can be said about Val'anyr (the legendary healing mace from Ulduar)
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Quiv wrote:I don't believe you can get ICC, Firelands, or Dragon Soul legendaries on a hunter due to those quests being class limited.
Oh yes right you are! I was only thinking of the original ones that are just drops :)

Shadowlands

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Where would that put Thunderfury since it is a drop in Molten Core that starts it?
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Iowawolf wrote:Where would that put Thunderfury since it is a drop in Molten Core that starts it?
The 'parts' don't have class restrictions on them - so the two bindings and the core for the hammer anyone can get and "make" but you just can't equip if you can't use that item. The newer legendaries (ie post BC) the quests themselves have class restrictions so anyone can collect the bits of the Ulduar hammer for example but you can't "make" it unless you can actually equip it.

The long and short of it is - yes a hunter can make and equip Thunderfury so you can get it :)

Shadowlands

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Castile wrote:
Iowawolf wrote:Where would that put Thunderfury since it is a drop in Molten Core that starts it?
The 'parts' don't have class restrictions on them - so the two bindings and the core for the hammer anyone can get and "make" but you just can't equip if you can't use that item. The newer legendaries (ie post BC) the quests themselves have class restrictions so anyone can collect the bits of the Ulduar hammer for example but you can't "make" it unless you can actually equip it.

The long and short of it is - yes a hunter can make and equip Thunderfury so you can get it :)
Oh ok I understand now thank you so much for explaining it to me and helping.