Invasion Point Bonich Stags

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Invasion Point Bonich Stags

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

While I'm sure it's already been noted by someone else, I didn't see the creatures in the database. I did the Invasion Point that looked a lot like Grizzly Hills and noticed there were mobs outside the borders of the map, including some deer, dryads and unicorns. They have VERY low health and will easily die unless you're careful. Using pets or waiting for it to path close enough to tag with a ranged attack, I found that some of them were flagged as tameable. The stags (doe and greater stag models) aren't anything we don't already have access to, either the Grey or Puce colorations (I neglected to get a screenshot). They were called Redwood Guardians.

The unicorns, unfortunately, don't seem to have slipped under Blizzard's radar and don't even have a diet. The other Invasion Points may have creatures outside the borders that can be tagged as well!

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Invasion Point Bonich Stags

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oooh, I didn't know you could interact with them. I remember seeing an enormous stag walk past outside the border of the zone like some forest spirit and I was in awe. I couldn't find a way past that log barrier though so I assumed the animals back there were just for flavour/decoration. Neat find!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

This was mentioned a few weeks ago. Strange that they are still tamable. You cannot normally access them, unless you can get close enough to them or use exploits to get through the invisible walls. Thus, I don't think they were meant to be tamable.

I have checked the other invasion worlds and they do not have any mobs past thr invisible walls. Bonich is unique in that it only has a single invisible wall. All of the others have layers of sticky invisible walls so that, even if you get past the first, you'll just keep getting stuck and be unable to move.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Just went out of my way to tame one. Didn't go through any invisible walls, just shot with a counter shot macro (cancel attack macro) and hit tame beast when it came up to me. I was in the north-eastern corner, next to a fallen log. Mine's a buck, but there was also a doe out there. No real reason to grab this when there are others that are much easier to find, but I like pets like this where you gotta do dumb stuff to grab em.

Now we just need to find a way to make that giant stag hostile and tameable too.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I highly, highly doubt that those stags and does were meant to be tamable, let alone attackable. I'm sure they were just intended to be scenery, just like Elkinir. If not, then there would be no invisible walls inbetween us and them, and it wouldn't require us to use exploits in order to aggro and tame them.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for the report :) I was aware of it but it clearly wasn't intended so I reported it and didn't add them. But maybe they can't be bothered fixing them since the tame really does no harm. I'll wait and see if they stay.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Pystol
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Pystol »

I actually just tried to tame these a bit ago, and they don't come up to me after I hit them with the counter shot macro. They just stand in place for a while, then teleport to you and back then instantly de-aggro.

So I think they were hotfixed?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Went to make a quick pictorial guide on how to do it and where the stags are that I could tame, so get em while they're hot. There's nothing special about them, but if you want to SAY you tamed one, then here's how. There's ALWAYS one stag and one doe here, unless I've just been lucky every single time.

Here's where you want to be to tame the two Redwood Guardians.

Where I am facing is where the location is outside of a map.

The animals you can safely attack and tame. They WILL evade at first, but that's not an issue.

Counter Shot macro on the Stag, and run up the fallen log to the left. It may take a few tries, depending on how fickle the NPC is. If you see it moving, STAND STILL. Hit tame beast, and you've got your first Redwood Guardian! To reach the other, send your pet in with growl ON from where you were standing, put the pet on passive after it growls, and dismiss. Wait for Hati to despawn (if BM), then tame your Doe. I forgot to hide my UI, so forgive the painfully ugly vanilla look and my scattered buttons.

Get em before Blizzard fixes it, if you care about non-unique skin pets from unorthodox locations.
Attachments
The location after the boss is defeated
The location after the boss is defeated
WoWScrnShot_101417_134215.jpg (196.06 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
The animals that are within reach of Counter Shot
The animals that are within reach of Counter Shot
WoWScrnShot_101417_134254.jpg (134.18 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
Map location for accuracy
Map location for accuracy
WoWScrnShot_101417_134521.jpg (222.58 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
Counter Shot, then run up the fallen log to your left. It will eventually run towards you instead of stay on evade.
Counter Shot, then run up the fallen log to your left. It will eventually run towards you instead of stay on evade.
WoWScrnShot_101417_134412.jpg (238.07 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Bumping to let people know this still works as of October 28th. Got a friend of mine to try it using a few little tricks and such (leaping through a wall with Heroic Leap, Swap Blastering him through, then leaping to him), and he tamed both versions of the Redwood Guardian. Funny enough, the zone behind the walls is HUGE, and the big guy Elkeirnir has a HUGE patrol radius. He wanders underwater like some sort of frog or something.

We were not able to use Beast Lore on him. He's not a beast, so even if we found a way to aggro him, we wouldn't be able to tame him. It's a shame, I'd love a supersized stag.
Attachments
Big guy walking
Big guy walking
WoWScrnShot_102817_144151.jpg (174.56 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
So tall he walks on the river bed.
So tall he walks on the river bed.
WoWScrnShot_102817_144306.jpg (108.79 KiB) Viewed 2361 times