PVP toggle can't come fast enough

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

PVP toggle can't come fast enough

Unread post by Iowawolf »

This is not really a rant but more a can't wait thread.

Was out doing my quest to kill the originals and was doing fine until for some reason I got flagged I know I was only attacking the dragon and as far as I know my pets also were but yet I got flagged and ganked by some jackoff.

This new toggle can't be here fast enough that way those losers won't be able to force flag someone and have to deal with real PvPers instead of ruining our game.

Speaking of which does anyone know when it will happen is it when BFA comes out or sooner I hope sooner.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: PVP toggle can't come fast enough

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I think that it'll be implemented when 8.0 is launched. It could be in 7.3.5, but Ion didn't mention the changes during the most recent interview.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I still think it's really weird. I mean, that means PVP servers are gone now.
But that's just me. I wont get too into it. It did sound like ti will be implemented with 8.0 as Val said.

Siggy under construction!

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I hope it comes soon too. Despite the system saying it was pve, I ended up on several pvp servers when trying to find a group for the Originals as well. Not sure what's going on with that.

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

One thing I really want to try and do is when this toggle comes out I am thinking of making an alt on Emerald Dream and see what it is like there.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They have said that they might make it different for RP servers. Servers like ED are built around RPPvP. The toggle could ruin what that whole server is about.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Talihawk wrote:I hope it comes soon too. Despite the system saying it was pve, I ended up on several pvp servers when trying to find a group for the Originals as well. Not sure what's going on with that.
I absolutely do NOT understand how the system works.
I am on an RP-PvE server, I NEVER pvp, I absolutely loathe it.

And yet, whenever I try to find a group to do something, it invariably sends me to a PvP server.

How the hell do you make sure that you DO NOT get grouped with people on a PvP server????

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

PvP and PvE servers will no longer exist as they currently do. No matter whether you were on a server that was PvP or PvE, you have the option to toggle yourself for PvP (can only do this in a capital city). When you are toggled for PvP, you can only see people that are also toggled for PvP. Same goes for PvE.

It isn't exactly clear how it'll work for premades. Might carry over your personal toggle to another server, or not.

We don't know how they'll work it for RPPvP servers. But since their whole identity is based around that more realistic RP experience (being able to attack the other faction without a mechanical restriction stopping you), they may make RPPvP servers be an exception.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Sukurachi wrote:
Talihawk wrote:I hope it comes soon too. Despite the system saying it was pve, I ended up on several pvp servers when trying to find a group for the Originals as well. Not sure what's going on with that.
I absolutely do NOT understand how the system works.
I am on an RP-PvE server, I NEVER pvp, I absolutely loathe it.

And yet, whenever I try to find a group to do something, it invariably sends me to a PvP server.

How the hell do you make sure that you DO NOT get grouped with people on a PvP server????
Blizzard's flags for the groups are for the type of content, so if you're joining to do a quest, it will say pve, regardless of the type of realm it is on.
But a lot of people who make groups use an addon that flags what kind of server the group is originally on. The description will contain #pvp# if it is on a pvp realm, and #pve# for pve realm. Sometimes that can change, if the only people in the group leave the zone and then someone new joins the group. But in general, check for #pve# in the description.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

What I wonder is, if you are toggled PVE and you wander into an opposing faction camp. Normally you would flag, but will that shard you with the pvp people until the 5 minutes wears off? Will it toggle you pvp and require you to visit a city to toggle back? Just curious how they will handle that sort of thing.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Quiv wrote:What I wonder is, if you are toggled PVE and you wander into an opposing faction camp. Normally you would flag, but will that shard you with the pvp people until the 5 minutes wears off? Will it toggle you pvp and require you to visit a city to toggle back? Just curious how they will handle that sort of thing.
I hope the "5 minutes" is a thing of the past. Is that what happens on pve realms now? Maybe faction-npcs won't be attackable (for AH, flight master, quest givers) or will be hostile, but won't flag you (for guards, kill quest objective npcs, etc).
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I really, really wish the pvp toggle thing had come up way, way sooner. Maybe they didn't have the backend tech for it yet or something, but as someone who spent twelve years being mostly miserable on PvP servers for friends, only to have my friend group dissolve and end up spending however much money to transfer to PvE servers, and be one alt away from having moved or replaced all important alts when it's announced... well. My knack for being just on wrong side of cutting edge continues, apparently :|

Then again, I suspect toggling pvp on Proudmoore will put you in a phase with non-Proudmoore people, which means warden towers and the FFA WQs are going to go back to being miserable. I just hit prestige 4 and got my first mount the other day, I hope I've got enough time to get the rest before 8.0, ack...
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Marek
Realm: Turalyon

Unread post by Marek »

This is awesome. I'll be able to play characters I had to abandon on Frostwolf because I couldn't afford to move them (I'm on disability). I did start over entirely new on another server but still.. I had some characters since BC and they have items I just miss having.