Patch 7.3.5

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Very nice! Thanks for the report, Celibie :)
Celibie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Celibie »

okay so i took a screenshot of every new model i had found and here are the models for every other beast inside silithus. It is possible i missed one or two but i do not believe so.
Attachments
copper wasp
copper wasp
silithus_1.jpg (45.36 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
tan wasp
tan wasp
silithus_2.jpg (40.59 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
pink silithid (old model)
pink silithid (old model)
silithus_3.jpg (56.01 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
brown cata scorpion
brown cata scorpion
silithus_4.jpg (41.09 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
black and orange spiked spider
black and orange spiked spider
silithus_5.jpg (45.16 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
gold condor
gold condor
silithus_6.jpg (42.34 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
Zorikune
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52 (H)

Unread post by Zorikune »

Celibie wrote:hey guys, since no one had been able to check this yet i copied my hunter over onto the ptr. i am pleased to share that there are new models of silithids in silithus and they are tameable. Not all of them are tameable though, the rares are marked as elemental and ill be sure to post more photos as i go through but im sure thats a bug.
Awesome, can't wait to tame these. Also I noticed for some new mounts on the PTR 7.3.5 notes that they added 4 new Qiraji War Tank mounts in the description. So maybe they will be based upon the new looks.
Black Qiraji War Tank (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Black Qiraji War Tank. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Blue Qiraji War Tank (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Blue Qiraji War Tank. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Purple Qiraji War Tank (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Purple Qiraji War Tank. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Red Qiraji War Tank (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Red Qiraji War Tank. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Celibie wrote:Not all of them are tameable though, the rares are marked as elemental and ill be sure to post more photos as i go through but im sure thats a bug.
I'm not even on the PTR but I'm pretty sure that's a bug, too.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Celibie wrote:hey guys, since no one had been able to check this yet i copied my hunter over onto the ptr. i am pleased to share that there are new models of silithids in silithus and they are tameable. Not all of them are tameable though, the rares are marked as elemental and ill be sure to post more photos as i go through but im sure thats a bug.
Awesome! I knew there was the red "SentinAl" (lol) one and the purple rare one, but I didn't know there were also rare blue and black versions. I am definitely 100% in on that black one.

Now I just hope that the Legacy tag on the Black Qiraji Battle Tank is currently false, because I'll be really bummed out if they make it unavailable for players and instead just randomly plop it into the laps of Scarab Lords for doing a thing years ago as seems to be the case on the PTR currently.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Celibie, thank you for all your work! Wonderful finds :)

I've updated the database to include the looks but haven't added NPCs yet:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=silithid

I'll start to add the NPCs soon. I wonder if the devs plan to update all the old silithids with the new model, and so whether we can expect to see more colours soon. The new ones don't really match the old looks well enough to replace them yet (missing colours currently, plus markings, plus wings, plus shiny, but it feels like "shiny" is no longer trendy).

Qraljar wrote:I knew there was the red "SentinAl" (lol) one
That's been grating on me too! :) I hope you logged a typo.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:Celibie, thank you for all your work! Wonderful finds :)

I've updated the database to include the looks but haven't added NPCs yet:
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=silithid

I'll start to add the NPCs soon. I wonder if the devs plan to update all the old silithids with the new model, and so whether we can expect to see more colours soon. The new ones don't really match the old looks well enough to replace them yet (missing colours currently, plus markings, plus wings, plus shiny, but it feels like "shiny" is no longer trendy).

Qraljar wrote:I knew there was the red "SentinAl" (lol) one
That's been grating on me too! :) I hope you logged a typo.
I'm presuming they are just new models that will be added to new Silithus (and any new BfA content that has Silithids) alone. Maybe they'll add a few rares with the new models in hives all around Azeroth for lower level hunters to tame, but I doubt they'll replace the old models altogether. For one, they're more of a new, loosely related interpretation (which is also why I think the new black one shouldn't just be given to Scarab Lords). The quests even calls them evolved - and they're quite clearly not 1:1 updates. They also seem to be more focusing on covering the old mount colors, rather than the wild silithid colors. Red and black were pure Qiraji Battle Tank colors, while the teal and purple are the ones that appear more in the wild than on the tanks.

As for the typo.. I mean - there is a mob in the game that has the name "Sentinal" but it has an unknown location. :lol:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Joonces
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Joonces »

So, question. With this new scaling, it seems like it would be easiest to just remove the restriction of the pet having to be at level or below for a tame. It just seems arbitrary at this point. It's been years now that pets will automatically level up when you tame, so why not just have them level down?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They may not be doing it due to internal mechanics and such. May take a lot to make that change and have it work properly. They also may view those higher lvl pets as a reward for getting to that lvl.

Whatever the case, with lvl scaling being implemented, it really won't be much of an issue, as long as you're within the scaling range.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

One reason to keep pet taming at level or below is because they don't want us to be able to tame certain bosses when they are current. Of course, they could just flag them untameable during that expansion. As for non-bosses, does cc work on npcs that are much higher level? If not, then npc damage would be a good limiting factor anyway :)

But I agree with other posters, the +2 level thing with rares will probably be fixed before this goes live. They can just tweak their health higher, instead of giving them the two extra levels.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm not sure if CC does work on mobs much higher or not. Never tried to. But yeah, damage would be a rather limiting factor, especially if CCs don't work.

I'm fairly certain we'll see it rounded out in a build or two. The first build isn't known for being very balanced ;)
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Man, I dunno what to think of these new Silithid models... I still have the four Silithis Colossi bosses from Ahn'Qiraj tamed but not yet named, now they're adding more wicked bug pets? Frustrating.
Image Image
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Lee wrote:There’s a new customization video up from the PTR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GifahTVQhbs

And with it, they have the starting pets for the hunters!

Lightforged Draenei: Orange talbuk w/ sideswept horns
Void Elf: VOID-COLORED WARPSTALKER!!!
Nightborne: Mana-saber, light blue
Highmountain: Eagle

Does this seem to promise that the voidstalker will be tamable eventually? We can hope!
Hopefully this means that a non-spiritbeast manasaber and the "voidstalker" skin have tamable versions unlocked when the patch hits, for those players who don't want to racechange just for one pet, or for players who accidentally lose theirs and want it back later.
Image Image
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Can someone who cleared Antorus on their hunter again check if the three Silithid rares from last build have changed at all? If they aren't elementals anymore or if they're even already flagged as tameable.

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Is there a way on the PTR to activate the new Silithus zone without an Antorus clear? They did it for one of the previous PTR cycles with an NPC in Dalaran that gave you the achievement and you could forego the KilJaeden kill (or something to that effect).
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It would be great if we could trigger the Antorus phase somehow.

If the silihid rates end up being the ones that drop the new mounts then it’s possible they’ll never be tameable. If it turns out that way we’ll need to check if they add alternative npcs for taming, and lobby if they haven’t.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:It would be great if we could trigger the Antorus phase somehow.

If the silihid rates end up being the ones that drop the new mounts then it’s possible they’ll never be tameable. If it turns out that way we’ll need to check if they add alternative npcs for taming, and lobby if they haven’t.
So far, no indication that they drop the mounts. Plus, the three rares are black, blue and purple, while the three mounts in the journal are black, blue and red. Red is the common Silithid SentinAl (wonder if they fixed that) mob.

There is a fourth purple mount in the database, though.

So far, they drop only artifact power and order hall resources.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Currently, there is no way to phase Silithus over to post-Antoras Silithus. Further, there are no Silithids in the other hives that are using the new model.

To my knowledge, the mounts are meant to be something from the Call of the Scarab micro holiday. And as Qraljar said, they currently just drop resources and AP.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

I guess we're at the mercy of Celibie again, haha.