7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by cowmuflage »

So someone found on the PTR a bunch of new mounts relating to the Call of the Scarab micro-holiday in Silithus!

No one knows if they will be only usable in the holiday or as full mount yet sadly. I hope they are full mounts!

Seems I'm late to the part but what ever, they need their own thread instead of being shoved into a pet thread.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Qraljar »

cowmuflage wrote:So someone found on the PTR a bunch of new mounts relating to the Call of the Scarab micro-holiday in Silithus!

No one knows if they will be only usable in the holiday or as full mount yet sadly. I hope they are full mounts!

Seems I'm late to the part but what ever, they need their own thread instead of being shoved into a pet thread.
I saw the post on WoWhead. I can't describe how hard I am crossing my fingers for them to be a permanent mount addition. As someone who went through the soul-murdering experience of getting the archaeology Ultramarine mount and who has been hoping for updates to the silithid models since forever, I need that new black one more than anything.

EDIT: Just noticed the 'Legacy' tag on the black one. Not a fan of that at all. I hope that it means it'll be like some kind of pre-BfA one time available mount and legacy points to it no longer being available after that event passes, not that it's something given out to Scarab Lords 13 or so years after they got their original mount. That would stink.

Giving people a new limited time Black Qiraji Battle Tank mount to pursue would probably be far more intriguing than just randomly giving it to Scarab Lords and telling new players that they're shit out of luck. :P

Edity edit v2:
According to someone in the MMO-Champion thread, there was a claim that Scarab Lords had this automatically added to their mount tab.

If true..

*breathes in deeply and walks off to get a whole lot of alcohol*
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I hope it's a case of people with original get it automatically but everyone else can still get it. But that's still retarded.

They have their legendary mounts as a sign of accomplishment back then. Why get a brand new mount ... ANOTHER mount exclusive to like, 20 people.... now?

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The really sucky thing is that Scarab Lord wasn’t even a mark of personal accomplishment. Players required a lot of help to get it and not everyone who helped them get there could get their own before the deadline ended. Basically the efforts of many to elevate a lucky few.

I did do the chain on my own later and really loved it, though. No black silithid at the end but I think it was one of the most fun chains that Blizzard ever produced. It’s a shame it was erased.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Ofc it could also be a case of these are temp mounts only usable during the holiday, so those with the original black ones get a black one to use during the holiday. But that's be even more of a shame. :/

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Lupen202 wrote:Ofc it could also be a case of these are temp mounts only usable during the holiday, so those with the original black ones get a black one to use during the holiday. But that's be even more of a shame. :/
It would be a shame but I get the feeling this might be the case....like the Brooms and the ones that drop in AQ (only usable in AQ) kinda deal.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

If it was AQ only I'd be ok with it as it still counts to my mount count XD

Also make brooms mounts already my golly gosh!
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:The really sucky thing is that Scarab Lord wasn’t even a mark of personal accomplishment. Players required a lot of help to get it and not everyone who helped them get there could get their own before the deadline ended. Basically the efforts of many to elevate a lucky few.

I did do the chain on my own later and really loved it, though. No black silithid at the end but I think it was one of the most fun chains that Blizzard ever produced. It’s a shame it was erased.
And also, there were plenty of people that sold their accounts, as well as people that more or less cheesed it during WoTLK with the new servers that didn't yet automatically have their gates open.

I think it's a waste to just plop it into their laps instead of giving players now a new chance to get a time-limited Black Qiraji tank that the original Scarab Lords are in no way entitled to.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Seems it's confirmed that the blue and red new qiraji mounts will only be mountable during Call of the Scarab.

The black one will probably be given to Scarab Lords automatically.

Meh..

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I think they should open up for the option to do the opening of Aq Gates as an optional quest linie you could take. It should give you a reasonable time to get the ressources together and open the Gates your self. It would be a costly and time consuming thing to do but I feel ppl should get the option. Blizzard need to incorperate some sandbox into their game :).

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

"The New Qiraji Resonating Crystal mounts are faction-specific from Call of the Scarab and last just for the holiday"
https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/940669203031326720

Sighs. :( How pointless.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Tårnfalk wrote:I think they should open up for the option to do the opening of Aq Gates as an optional quest linie you could take. It should give you a reasonable time to get the ressources together and open the Gates your self. It would be a costly and time consuming thing to do but I feel ppl should get the option. Blizzard need to incorperate some sandbox into their game :).
The reason that they don't is because a lot of the pieces of the original questline aren't in game anymore. Azuregos, Stewvul, the Isle of Dread and the Chimaeroks on it, Meridith the Mermaiden, etc.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Vephriel wrote:"The New Qiraji Resonating Crystal mounts are faction-specific from Call of the Scarab and last just for the holiday"
https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/940669203031326720

Sighs. :( How pointless.

Ah bum tits :(
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

As I said in the other PTR thread they should at least make the existing bug mounts be zone wide instead of raid restricted as a compromise.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Valnaaros wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:I think they should open up for the option to do the opening of Aq Gates as an optional quest linie you could take. It should give you a reasonable time to get the ressources together and open the Gates your self. It would be a costly and time consuming thing to do but I feel ppl should get the option. Blizzard need to incorperate some sandbox into their game :).
The reason that they don't is because a lot of the pieces of the original questline aren't in game anymore. Azuregos, Stewvul, the Isle of Dread and the Chimaeroks on it, Meridith the Mermaiden, etc.
Couldn't they just make it like theramore. . A person you talk to to get "timewarped " into a place where the old zones are?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:
Couldn't they just make it like theramore. . A person you talk to to get "timewarped " into a place where the old zones are?
I think most of the old world was dismantled during Cataclysm, because it wasn't very well put-together to begin with. Zones preCata never really lined up perfectly, etc. So, unlike Theramore, Blasted Lands and Silithus, I don't think it's as simple as allowing access to an old phase. They could still put in the time and add all the quests back in but it would require a fair bit of work. I'd love it if they did it, but I don't expect it's going to happen. I did the quest chain prior to Cata and thought it was fantastic. Epic adventure and some very funny bits.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

HOW DO I HIDE THIS SALT.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

What Wain said is spot on.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Wain wrote:I think they should open up for the option to do the opening of Aq Gates as an optional quest linie you could take. It should give you a reasonable time to get the ressources together and open the Gates your self. It would be a costly and time consuming thing to do but I feel ppl should get the option. Blizzard need to incorperate some sandbox into their game :).

I think most of the old world was dismantled during Cataclysm, because it wasn't very well put-together to begin with. Zones preCata never really lined up perfectly, etc. So, unlike Theramore, Blasted Lands and Silithus, I don't think it's as simple as allowing access to an old phase. They could still put in the time and add all the quests back in but it would require a fair bit of work. I'd love it if they did it, but I don't expect it's going to happen. I did the quest chain prior to Cata and thought it was fantastic. Epic adventure and some very funny bits.
I guess they could open for it on the classic servers. I heard rumors that classic is going to work like diablo. You have 1 year to get the achivements you want then it resets but allowing your main charecter to keep what you get...rumors have it that each year will have special rewards like outfits etc.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Blizz never said anything about what will be in Classic servers, but I highly doubt they will add rewards that'll be carried over to Live WoW.