What are your Allied Races plans?

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

What are your Allied Races plans?

Unread post by Maizou »

Title. Does anyone out there have any plans for Allied Races?

I for one have 3. To race change my main to a female void elf, create a second hunter on my main realm (thank you 6 more character slots <3) that's a male void elf, then I want a female nightborne hunter, if I ever decide on a Horde realm to play on.

I've even used wowhead's dressing room to give preliminary looks for them: (may change by the time they're released, just stuck the same transmog as my main on the Nightborne as I have no idea what transmog I'll use for her, though I now realize I forgot the belt in the Void Elf Female pic, but have it in the Nightborne one, haha)

ImageImageImage
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: What are your Allied Races plans?

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Most likely going to make a female Nightbourne and Void Elf hunters then use rest of slots for my favorite race female Pandarens maybe by then we get Panda DKs.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

My current plans: Lightforged Ret Pally, Highmountain Surv Hunter, Zandalari Disc or Holy Priest (maybe a Druid), Nightborne Fire Mage, VE Arms Warrior, and DI Affliction Lock.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I'd like to see if I can't get a race change for my draenei paladin, change him to lightforged but atm that's it. I would have jumped at the chance to play a highborne elf, but I really dislike how emo - vampire the void elves are.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I believe you have to lvl an Allied Race to 110 in order to race change or boost.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Void Elf Paladin, Lightforged Warlock, Highmountain Rogue...

;) I'm actually not sure yet. If any can be paladins and get new racial paladin class mounts then I'll make a Paladin of that. But they may not add new racial mounts just for those. Then again, they're adding new druid forms for them.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Currently, Lightforged will be able to be Paladins, but as of right now, they don't have a racial paladin mount. But that could change, seeing as they are willing to make new Druid forms :)

Dark Irons will probably be Paladins, too, and there are DI Paladins in lore. There is a slim chance that there'll be Zandalari Paladins, since they technically exist, but instead use the Loa instead of the Light.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Tempted to race change my nelf hunter main (!) or my nelf priest to velf (there now it's a thing), but will probably just roll a new void hunter:
Attachments
void elf 2.png
void elf 2.png (184.98 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a lot of Nightborne. Definitely a couple Zandalari. And at least one Void Elf. I don't know specifics yet, but I'm so so excited for the new races. :)
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Female Void Elf rogue on my secondary Alliance server (BE rogue stealth animations, helllllll yes!), female HM Tauren monk on my primary Horde server, and beyond that... I'm not sure.

If hunter gets good again* I might go NB hunter on one of my two Horde servers (my primary horde server's hunter is a tauren and my secondary horde server's hunter is level locked to 99 for old content farming with the old legendary cloak proc), I'm absolutely rolling a DI shaman if they can do that, but I don't have any permanent plans for a Lightsnooze Draenei or a Zandalari troll; the idea of stand-up trolls is only exciting if you don't already play nearly exclusively female characters, haha. I'll almost certainly roll them somewhere for the transmog in case I end up race changing anything somewhere, but no current plans for that (except my existing shaman might turn into a dark iron from a regular darkest-skinned dwarf; we'll see) so it's not a high priority.

* by which I mean if my hunter burn-out fixes itself, Marksmanship actually gets fun for the first time literally EVER, or the two pet thing doesn't end up being a required talent for BM the way Lone Wolf has been.

I might, might, MIGHT make a male NB hunter and/or mage named Magicbrian if I'm feeling especially nerdy, but both my horde servers are RP servers, so maybe not (also it might be taken, given how generic that name is, lol). And I can't see a character with a name like that getting to max level, so it'd just be another Love Is In The Air farmbot, and I've already got 50 characters prepped for that, lol.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I'm considering race changing my Dwarf hunter to Dark Iron, since in my head that's what she's always been. But it really depends on how much I like the hairstyles they're given. I'll be remaking my Troll hunter into a Zandalari, and probably rolling a Zandalari shadow priest. I'm also planning a Nightborne hunter and Nightborne arcane mage, Void Elf subtlety rogue, Dark Iron destruction warlock, Highmountain survival hunter and Lightforged protection warrior. How many of those end up staying past the first flush of excitement remains to be seen! :lol:
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'm definitely going to roll a Nightborne Hunter, whom I've already saved a name for on my server, and she's going to be the one I'm sold on until I've finished levelling her and all of that.

Other than that, I did think of making a Void Elf, but I'll need to finish levelling my ally toon before I do that :)

Edit: Had a bit of a play with the wowhead dressing room upon realising that unlike the last time I looked, the Nightborne now have actual models in there. As such, here's Vyonne with a possible, thankfully lfr, transmog :)
Last edited by Krysteena on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'll have to have a Nightborne hunter, because the pairing with a manasaber is so pleasing. And a Highmountain druid, a Lightforged paladin. Really predictable choices! I'll have a Void Elf too, of course. Because I need one of everything. I don't know what yet though. Maybe a rogue or priest. Also predictable...
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

My plan is to race change main to Velf (so i can effectively have an alliance blood elf). Level a velf and nightborne, probably hunters.

My biggest concern is the velf void graphic. I want to see what they look like in combat. I just hope its not obnoxious... :?

No desire for highmountain or lightforged.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I'm going to make a void elf mage and might make him my main. I wish they had druids. If I don't like how mage works out I'll make him a hunter. You can't really have too many hunters. More pets!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Highmountain Tauren Hunter with a Wolfhawk pet and the Grove Warden as the main mount.

Nightborne Hunter with an Owl or Arcane Hippogriff pet and the First Arcanist Manasabre as the main mount.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I have a question about the allied races, but didn't want to start a whole topic just for that.

Horde are getting Nightborn, who are basically Night Elves.
And alliance are getting Void Elves who pretty much seem to be Blood Elves.

Is there some reason that night Elves are coming to the Horde and Blood Elves going to the Alliance?
Or is there something else lore-wise I probably missed?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They aren't exactly NEs and BEs. Nightborne culture is basically Highborne culture, which the Kaldorei have rejected. The Nightborne have shown to have much more in common with BEs than they do with NEs. There are some story details that'll explain more later.

VEs were BEs, but due to their research into the Void, were exiled from SMC. After being corrupted by the Void after a series of events, Alleria took them under her wing in order to help them. Due to their exile and current state, they have joined (rather, rejoined) the Alliance.
Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

Thought I would jump on the bandwagon, just to be positive about something in BFA!

Going to race change my nelf to velf.

Current look.

New look in BFA. Only bothered by the fact the hood doesn't fit atm at least on the model...=/ Bummer since I actually love the headpiece on that set and 99% of the time I hate headpieces. That said TY Blizz for finally giving me a black and purple easy obtainable mail armor to wear on my hunter!=D <3

Gonna move Belf pala to my main realm:

Shamelessly mog promotion here, I know!^^; Just wondering if there is a way to get an even better SM guard look?

Gonna make a warrior velf:

and a NB priest.

Definitely gonna get a zandalari troll, though I'm debating what it should be. I sorta would prefer making a shammy for battle pet and other things.... however I have a love for hunters and druids and I have no idea if a shammy zandalari would be possible.... if not I'll come up with another shammy race on my main realm.

I also dabbled into making my tauren a highmountain one, but tbh with 1 realm swap and one race change already it's already getting expensive!^^;
Attachments
täräincurrent.png
täräincurrent.png (529.42 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
racechangeBFATäräin.png
racechangeBFATäräin.png (271.15 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
newwarriorBFA.png
newwarriorBFA.png (325.13 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
shadowpcatafelweave.png
shadowpcatafelweave.png (336.35 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
palamove.png
palamove.png (759.83 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Valnaaros wrote:They aren't exactly NEs and BEs. Nightborne culture is basically Highborne culture, which the Kaldorei have rejected. The Nightborne have shown to have much more in common with BEs than they do with NEs. There are some story details that'll explain more later.

VEs were BEs, but due to their research into the Void, were exiled from SMC. After being corrupted by the Void after a series of events, Alleria took them under her wing in order to help them. Due to their exile and current state, they have joined (rather, rejoined) the Alliance.

aha, ok, thank-you.
that makes sense then.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.