NotN Interest Check

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

NotN Interest Check

Unread post by Varethyn »

First off, hey all. You may or may not have noticed that I went decidedly absent for a while. Indeed I gave up with FR and have been on WoW break for a few months already so there was little reason for me to post anywhere on Petopia. On top of that my mood's still fluctuating, I've had arguments and breakdowns and otherwise been tied up in a work placement which got completely botched due to miscommunication. So I'm back on square one. Anyway, that time of year is coming up and I know my previous NotN Grind and Giveaways went down well so I'm willing to come back and do another one for you guys :) However I'm still not really feeling FR so I'm only going to do it if there's enough interest in it. That said I've found myself at a loss for things to do some days so you may see me become a bit more active again regardless, I just won't be prioritising grinding NotN otherwise.

On a similar vein while I'm here, I think I owed people dragon adoptions from the Free to Good Homes thread. If you remember asking about dragons of mine and I hadn't replied please PM me about it. Sorry about that! I simply had enough of everything and needed time to myself. My lair link can be found in my sig.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: NotN Interest Check

Unread post by Ana »

Welcome back hun. If you need food let me know :) :huh: ive missed seeing your dragons :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I always enjoy your NotN events but seriously you do not have to push on our account. While I would love to see you more active I would rather see you healthy and happy. :hug:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Well said!!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

What they said. I finally have an arenaworthy team, and I think if we made it a group effort, it would be a lot healthier.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I am totally in love with your notn event, but I absolutely say don't do it if your heart is not in it. It's a lot of time and effort to ask of someone.
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Dewclaw wrote:I am totally in love with your notn event, but I absolutely say don't do it if your heart is not in it. It's a lot of time and effort to ask of someone.
I agree with Dewclaw. I look forward to your NotN event every year, but honestly I'd hate to see you push yourself to do it if you don't enjoy it. Do what's best for you. :hug:

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Merp, disappeared again cos of last-minute Christmas stuff.
Well, sounds like some of you were really looking forward to it so I'll see about doing it again this year too :) I might not farm as hard as I did the last few years but I really want to make you guys happy :hug:

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

SammyB
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by SammyB »

We miss you Vare! I hope everything is wonderful!
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm interested (purely horribly selfish reasons) but like others have said don't push yourself. I spend VERY LITTLE time on FR anymore. So I feel you. I don't think I even got all the November elemental holiday stuff.
I'm willing to help on a Petopia community event. I can't safely commit to daily but will try every other day.
Just let me know either on here or FR (preferred).

Edit: It's funny because I specifically came on to petopia to create a thread about NotN and to see if anyone was participating. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

This will be my first NotN, so I'm not quite sure I know what I'm doing. What I've picked up so far:

Gathering:
chests from digging
eggs from scavenging

Baldwin: (level requirements?)
chests
nocturne eggs
breed change nocturne

Coliseum: (venues?)
chests
(do eggs drop separately from chests?)

I'm not a G1 nor nocturne collector, so I'm most interested in chests, although I'll pack away any eggs I get to sell in a few months.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks Sammy and Zed :)
Zed - No worries and thanks for the offer - you're welcome to donate anything you don't want for yourself to my giveaway. Just send it to me and I'll include everything we gathered together :)

GormanGhaste - Close! My brain's refusing to work right now but I believe chests can be found in all gathering types with a rare chance to scavenge eggs. You can brew chests at Baldwin but not eggs or scrolls - those are bogsneaks. Chests drop from NotN-specific mobs in the coliseum, though they can also drop a NotN item related to that mob instead. Nocturne eggs can't drop in the coliseum (that I know of) and are instead found inside the chests along with the breed change and other NotN items. You can also trade NotN items for chests at Swipp's.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Thanks for the corrections--so I should mostly scavenge, then? And I completely forgot about Swipp.

And I need to decide which venue will be best for my team--my highest level dragons are 18, 21, 21.
zedxrgal

GormanGhaste - In the past I've had the best luck in the Waterway when farming for NotN chests. Your team probably won't level but it may still feel challenging & not tedious. Otherwise volcanic vents may be a good one. I think the mobs spawn in any of the venues so I wouldn't worry about hitting specific battlegrounds. If you do go the farming route team build doesn't exactly matter

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Welcome back Varethyn :hug:

I'll be keeping myself busy this NotN season snuggling up next to Baldwin, brewing up some mats to make the familiars I don't already possess and the apparel (maybe). I might even dip my toes back into doing coliseum battles for a bit!

If you need food for your dragons, let me know. I can send a few small stacks out your way :D

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Thanks Niabi :hug: I'm good for food for now, thank you :) Dewclaw and GormanGhaste sent me some and I'd had the foresight to stockpile a bit before leaving.
Speaking of Baldwin! If people would like to really, really help me out I'd appreciate it if you could help brew a few duplicate familiars and apparel sets. I'm not doing well on mats myself and most of what I have will be focused on brewing chests. It would be awesome for those who don't have high enough brewing level to make their own :hug:

zedxrgal

My interest in this has now left. Sorry you guys. :(

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Let me know if you need more food Vare.. I can get the mafia to collect something for you.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I'm set for food for now thanks to Dew and Gorman, but I'll be sure to poke you guys if I need anything :hug: Thank you :)

Zed, I'm so sorry you got no luck on the first day. I understand how frustrating it is when that happens. Let me know if you hang around FR at all during the event so we can send you stuff :hug:

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Hey guys just wanted to apologise in advance that the giveaway is going to be a lot smaller than the last few times. I know I told you that I wasn't feeling FR very much but I still feel bad for it. I've only gotten 1 stack of chests so far due to not being able to motivate myself, and the coliseum feels even more buggy than I remember which really isn't helping with that. Still I'll do what I can, but I'm sorry if I got anyone's hopes up for a really big event.