Patch 7.3.5

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:It looks like another unused variant has made it in! The White and Pink Mana Ray is now tamable! You can find the Albino Umbralfin flying above the area where you can find the Voidwalker Ataxon :)

Respawns fairly quickly. Looks like it can also spawn above the chasm next to the Venomtail Skyfin.
Initially I found none, but I killed some Umbralfins and later found two. The first I found was in the area north of (and above) the Ataxon area. I also found one further south, but not at Ataxon. I have a suspicion that they may just be chance spawns on any Umbralfin spawn spot, but can't confirm that.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It's possible. I killed a few of the Albinos, and they would respawn on their own without me killing any of the Umbralfins.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

The three Qiraji "rares" (Legion-type insta-respawn rare elites) still seem to be elementals according to WoWhead, but then again, so is the Twilight Ogre rare. Hope they update that soon.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Celibie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Celibie »

i dont think the silithid rares will become tameable..they are still elemental and they recently adjusted the mobs..they now have 100m health.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There are a lot of issues still with the beasts in Silithus, including pets being in the wrong family. They'll eventually get around to fixing it all.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Celibie wrote:i dont think the silithid rares will become tameable..they are still elemental and they recently adjusted the mobs..they now have 100m health.
The Ogre Twilight Hammer rare is also an elemental.

Also no reason for them to not be tameable when the red one is.
Valnaaros wrote:There are a lot of issues still with the beasts in Silithus, including pets being in the wrong family. They'll eventually get around to fixing it all.
Yeah, just wish it preceded the addition of a random mail pet quest. :P
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:Um, wow. I wonder if this is intentional, or an accidental side-effect of the level scaling code.
If its a bug, its new. I couldn't tame things higher than me when I did my passes a couple builds back. Gave the normal "too high level" error.

If this is intentional, its interesting. It would keep raid bosses out of range, and still allow normal rare taming at level. Wonder if its going to have some unforeseen unintended side effect.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I can see it having some issues, such as in dungeons (assuming the mobs aren't flagged as untamable).
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Another find! The unused Purple w/ Purple Basilisk! Found on the Crystal Spine Matriarch. She is a 110 elite found on Yojamba Isle off the coast of Northern Stranglethorn. Is surrounded by a bunch of frozen trolls. It does not seem to scale with the rest of STV (everything is 61-63 for me, except the Matriarch).
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_121317_192256.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121317_192256.jpg (336.29 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
WoWScrnShot_121317_192318.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121317_192318.jpg (345.31 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
WoWScrnShot_121317_192357.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121317_192357.jpg (263.33 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Oh I remember seeing this thing on Wowhead, its apparently part of the new SELFIE camera stuff. Didn't realize it was an unused skin -_____-

http://www.wowhead.com/news=277490/new- ... -7-3-5-ptr

Edit:
Valnaaros wrote:I can see it having some issues, such as in dungeons (assuming the mobs aren't flagged as untamable).
Probably like the untameable dark black dire worgs in Halls of Valor. Still miffed we don't have a tameable version of those...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Oh! I didn't notice that. Good to know :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Another find! The unused Purple w/ Purple Basilisk! Found on the Crystal Spine Matriarch. She is a 110 elite found on Yojamba Isle off the coast of Northern Stranglethorn. Is surrounded by a bunch of frozen trolls. It does not seem to scale with the rest of STV (everything is 61-63 for me, except the Matriarch).
How awesome! I’d almost given up on those.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It's always nice when those older skins are added :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

On one hand I'm happy to have the red panthara available.

On the other hand I'm not happy about having to farm talbuk meat again and hope the game doesnt bug and lets me tame.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Myzou wrote:On one hand I'm happy to have the red panthara available.

On the other hand I'm not happy about having to farm talbuk meat again and hope the game doesnt bug and lets me tame.
I felt the same way. I was happy because that thing is striking, but then I remember all the time spent farming and how hit-or-miss the taming is and I deflated like a balloon :lol:
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

@Wain - No, I mean ON Live, haha.

Though I guess I could just suck it up and start farming now, holding onto it until 7.3.5. No one's farming talbuk much right now but there'll probably be a spike once the patch drops.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

I'm still baffled as to why this wolf skin hasn't been made tameable yet?

Skin: http://wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=worgblue-legion

Any reason as to why? It's not the same color as Fenryr either...
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

The only thing I can think of is because it's in a current content dungeon, and so they don't want a swarm of hunters going in and taming and then releasing to get rid of the trash? :lol:

In all seriousness, I've no idea why, and it's disappointing that it's not tameable. You can hardly use the excuse of 'we don't want players feeling they have to do dungeons to get x pet' because, well, Fenryr. Maybe in BfA, or sooner, they'll change the tag and it will be tameable. Aside from the white variant, the black legion wolf is my favourite skin, and it would be nice to actually be able to tame it :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That actually could be why Krysteena. Being able to tame a mob and quickly get rid of it would be very valuable in Mythic runs. Hopefully they'll make it tamable in BfA, as you said :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I imagine they'll be tameable in 8.0.

As for the taming 2 levels higher - pretty sure it's been that way. Legion zones have mobs 1 level higher than you until 110.