Returned after 7 years

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zhavior
Realm: Lightning Blade

Returned after 7 years

Unread post by Zhavior »

So iv returned after playing last time 2011, i have some"dumb" questions.

Iv seen hunters with two pets at same time? How do yu get it full?

Secondly which is better atm BM or MM.

Thirdly is there someone who could help me out finding good rotation and relearning most simplest things i was so lost on my first day took me 30min to find how to fix items lmaoo.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Returned after 7 years

Unread post by Wain »

Welcome back! :)

I couldn't actually say which spec is better (in raids) right now - maybe someone elsw will have an opinion on this - but they're probably all perfectly fine while you're levelling. I'd recommend BM as a good spec for questing and levelling.

The two pets thing is related to the BM artifact weapon, so assuming you opt for BM and obtain that weapon you'll have a second pet out. The pet is a beast named Hati that is bound to the weapon, and you'll find more about him during the artifact quest. The reason that Hati looks different for different hunters is that there's a device you can obtain that allows you to change his appearance to that of any other pet you own.

For rotations, stat priorities etc., I always use Icy Veins:
https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mas ... -dps-guide
They have a guide for every class and spec and most of them are pretty well laid out.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Welcome to the forums! :)

The two pet thing is a BM only 'perk' of Titanstrike, an artifact weapon we were given at the start of Legion. When you get to the Broken Isles and have your order hall campaign begin, you'll have the option to complete a questline for one of three artifacts, each relating to your spec. You can go back and retrieve the other two weapons as well, it's just a matter of which spec you want to play at the start. Titanstrike is the BM one, and gives you companionship of Hati, who functions as a less-intelligent, less-capable, but pretty, version of your own pet.

Flat-out damage wise, I'm not entirely sure which is better, as 'better' depends on what you prioritise. If you want damage, then icy veins or something of the like might be of better use. Play-wise, depends on your style. I like to switch between both specs because they're both enjoyable, but, if I'm levelling using dungeons, I'll generally go MM because I can focus on my player rather than what my pet is doing. However, MM relies on procs a lot of the time, and so if you don't get the procs often, your damage will drop. Short story - I recommend playing both in order to get a feel for what the spec is like, and then decide from there. Flat-out damage fluctuates between players, so there's never usually a 'top spec'.

For rotation advice, again, Icy Veins is pretty much the site to go to. It has basically everything on there that you might need, and rotations are definitely on there. I'm basically useless at rotation stuff, since I generally play BM only and that's basically 'pop everything that's off cool down and go ham'.

Edit - Wain's on it, so I'm basically repeating all of what's been said :lol:
Zhavior

Unread post by Zhavior »

Thanl you guys for help!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

No problem, happy to help :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

From what I've seen and read, MM is the best out of the three, followed by BM and Surv (who can be tied in some cases). In the raiding scene, I've noticed more Hunters going MM due to its superior damage, but also because BM have fluctuated stat-wise during the course of the xpac.

Originally, a BM hunter with high Mastery and using the Dire Frenzy Build was the way to go. But ever since ToS, that has changed to BM having high Crit and using the Zoo build. This caused BM Hunters that wanted to remain competitive to switch out all of their gear for Crit gear. Plus, there is the added pressure of BM really needing to have six slots dedicated to tier gear in order to do better dps. Because of this, I seen a lot of Hunters switching to MM.

Echoing what has been said before, Icy Veins is the way to go. They can explain all of this in greater detail :)
Zhavior

Unread post by Zhavior »

I have an lvl 72 hunter but somehow with MM i cant call my pet? I went to pet master and bought all that ws there but still cant call for pet? In BM its normal but in MM i cant somehow? Do yu guys know why?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

If you have the Lone Wolf talent then you can't use pets as MM. You'll have to switch talents in order to use them. Either that or you don't have any pets with you. To check, go to a Stablemaster and check if there are any pets in the five boxes on the lefthand side.
Zhavior

Unread post by Zhavior »

I think its the talent sounds familiar. Thanks bud
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Happy to help :)
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

From a raiding perspective, MM outperforms BM and SV. Personally, I just can't 'get into' MM. With all the movement in raid fights this expansion, I've stuck with BM as has the other hunter in my raid group.
Zhavior

Unread post by Zhavior »

Guys what is artifact and when, how and where to get it? Heard yu have to do quest line for it? When can i do it and where is it
How important is it for hunter? Am running with BM any help would be welcome.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

An Artifact is the weapon you'll be using for all of Legion content (Until Battle for Azeroth). You'll get your first Artifact at lvl 100, and you can choose which Artifact you want. Each Spec for all Classes has an Artifact. When you reach 100 and go to Broken Isles Dalaran for the first time, you'll have an NPC approach you that'll offer you a quest that'll lead to unlocking your first Artifact and the Order Hall. BM's Artifact is Titanstrike, which you can choose at 100. Artifacts are extremely important in Legion for a multitude of reasons, but there are two big reasons: One, there are no weapon drops in Legion, so the Artifact is the only one you can use. And Two, the perks, stats, and abilities that an Artifact grants are essential for doing Legion content, including Dungeons and Raids.
Zhavior

Unread post by Zhavior »

I see. Thank you your like an wow wikipedia lool tryed to search info of it but couldnt find a good info well explained like the way yu did now. Thank you and sorry for bothering.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Not a bother at all! Love helping :)
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Welcome back and have fun!

Zhavior

Unread post by Zhavior »

Am running low with gold, iv watched someone of these youtubr videod but they all for high level could someone tell me away to get few extra coins for lvl 74 player?
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Battle Pets, if you've got them, are always good. You can buy some pretty cheap ones (like 50 silver cheap) and then resell on the ah for at least a bit of gold. Gathering professions may also be good. Mining, skinning, and herbalism can all yield mats that other players (such as myself) like to buy off of the AH instead of farming them personally. It may be a good idea to check your ah, though, to see what old(er) world mats are selling best, and then go from there :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

What Krysteena said. There are a few rarer mats in old content that can sell for a good amount. For Battle Pets, it depends on the pet, and the AH can tell you which ones are good sellers. Once you get to 100 and start going through Legion content, you'll start getting plenty of gold :)
Zhavior

Unread post by Zhavior »

One last question guys. Is it pointless to do raids before max level? Iv been doing dungeons and quest but wondered should i do raid or wait till max level? Iv never actually raided in wow so would like to wanna get used to raiding witj bunch of ppl before end game raiding and if i were to raid now is there even ppl who do raids for level 80?