Patch 7.3.5

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wain wrote:Also,
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=132676/voidstalker (this one has the title <Umbral Ranger's Pet> so it's probably part of the void elf faction).
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=131072/voidstalker
Wowhead confirmed that the latter is the Voidstalker that VEs start with.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I did check through Ghostlands, since that's where the void elf story seems to be based, but I didn't see any void stalkers there. I may have missed them, of course, or they may not be in yet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aye, I was thinking about Ghostlands, and it makes sense that it could be a location. I'll give it a look myself later on incase it somehow eluded you :)
Celibie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Celibie »

if its not been stated yet..the silithid rares are now beasts but still untameable
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_123017_203408.jpg
WoWScrnShot_123017_203408.jpg (367.52 KiB) Viewed 3189 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Thanks for the report, Celibie, but it was posted a couple weeks ago when the change was made :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Yep. Thanks, still, however.

After the disappointment with the mounts, I hope they don't forget to flag these as tameable just to rush this patch out the door.

EDIT:
As an aside, I went to check Silithus out on my DH and killed two of them and the second one dropped the mini pet.

So I guess the three rares have a daily chance per character to drop it.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Do you remember if the mini-pet was bind on pickup? Is it cageable?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:It looks like another unused variant has made it in! The White and Pink Mana Ray is now tamable! You can find the Albino Umbralfin flying above the area where you can find the Voidwalker Ataxon :)

Respawns fairly quickly. Looks like it can also spawn above the chasm next to the Venomtail Skyfin.
Initially I found none, but I killed some Umbralfins and later found two. The first I found was in the area north of (and above) the Ataxon area. I also found one further south, but not at Ataxon. I have a suspicion that they may just be chance spawns on any Umbralfin spawn spot, but can't confirm that.
I was wanting to see the Albino in game, so I spent a long time trying to find one. I probably killed 20 normal Umralfin easy both around Ataxon and the Venomtail spawn. I watched one spawn where other Umbralfin do so I think this is indeed the method.

Makes me wonder if our missing Talbuk/Panthara skins aren't similar, assuming theres a beast with the missing skins in the data.

Edit: Don't let this post eclipse what Qraljar found with the minipets dropping off rares in silithus a few posts above me.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

GormanGhaste wrote:Do you remember if the mini-pet was bind on pickup? Is it cageable?
Can't recall if it was BoP or not, but it is cageable.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

thanks, and if it's cageable, the first question is moot :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There currently aren't any Talbuks/Mana Rays/Panthara in the DB and the PTR DB that are tamable and use the unused skin variants. Further, no mobs have been altered to now include the unused variants, outside of those already found.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Some of the missing colours could be rare colour variants that pop up on existing mobs, since they can configure how frequently the different colours show. However that’s restricted to NPCs that don’t already have four appearance variants - unless their lib has been changed, it was only possible to set a max of 4 different looks for any NPC ID. Quite a few Talbuks already have four different looks.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I have been keeping an active eye out for any of the remaining variants. Every new build, I check all existing talbuks, mana rays, and panthara to see if a new variant has been added to them, and even kill several to see if anything new spawns. Unfortunately, nothing new has been found lately.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, With each reset it becomes way less likely that any rare variants are present as they have to show up at some point. Even if they occurred one in ten times we’d see them appear. I have seen a 1–in-100 rare colour once, but that was on a minipet. Frustratingly, the appearance variations of Beast NPCs are usually hidden, or supplied by the server perhaps, while minipet appearance settings can all be datamined and we can see if rare appearances exist.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Apparently void stalkers are a whole new family?
...for one model?

I dunno, it seems weird that a) they even needed a family for that and b) there's no sign of what a 'void stalker' would look like aside from the one exclusive to void elves...
(source: MMOC)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

We've been discussing it in another thread, but I agree with you. On the surface, it just seems weird that they would make a family for a single model. There is probably more to it (hopefully).
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

For those that haven't seen the article on wowhead, they tested out some new banners in this build that tell you the requirements for allied races and if you've fulfilled them. After testing it out on multiple characters, they determined that it is account-wide :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wowhead posted the cinematic that shows what will be happening with our Artifacts. Going off of it, plus a line of dialogue datamined a while back, it looks like the weapons aren't destroyed or corrupted, but rather are depleted of power. All of the AP that we've put into them is now used up. Assuming this is actually the case, then Hati may be safe.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So I'm just checking up on lower-level scaling rares on a level 34 Hunter on the PTR. I found Dishu, Humar the Pridelord and Gesharahan in the Barrens, and they were all one level higher than me but I could tame them anyway. This is going to be confusing to explain on the site. :/

It appears that the falcosaur matriarchs (level 111) cannot be tamed at 110, even though they're flagged tameable, so the taming level fudge must only apply to scaling areas, or perhaps it checks the minimum level of the creature rather than current level.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'd be really appreciative if anyone with a level 90 (or less) hunter could check if some of the level +1/+2 tameable creatures in Pandaria are now tameable at character level on the PTR, e.g.:
Or if someone with a level 100 hunter could check the level++ tameable creatures on Draenor: (these may not have changde, as no new scaling has been introduced)
Or someone with a level 70-80 hunter could check the level++ creatures of Outland:
[the above links should take you to a list of the creatures]

I'm afraid I don't have a hunters of the right level. Thanks :)