Legion epilogue ptr Silithid(new model) Status

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Alraune
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Legion epilogue ptr Silithid(new model) Status

Unread post by Alraune »

Playing on the ptr and the new silithid models are tamble HOWEVER once tamed you can not call them, you can view them at the stable master, from what I've seen there are only two colors that are in silithus(ptr ver) a red one(mob) and purple(rare), since I can't call it I am going to assume that they keep their size after taming.
NOTE: I was specced as Marksman so silithids might lose their Exotic status, I went to try to tame a Core hound without success to make sure that silithids were the only ones and not because the ptr gives free access to everything.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=131892/silithid-sentinel
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Legion epilogue ptr Silithid(new model) Status

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Thank you for this report, but this was already reported a few weeks ago. Currently, only the red one is tamable. The purple, blue, and black aren't.
Alraune
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Alraune »

Valnaaros wrote:Thank you for this report, but this was already reported a few weeks ago. Currently, only the red one is tamable. The purple, blue, and black aren't.

Thanks for letting me know, I plan on playing on the ptr a lot so I'll do weekly check ins on those colors to see any change.
Celibie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Celibie »

yep ive been checking in since first week of antorus or so.. just waiting and waiting for them to become tameable
sadly
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Any news?

Asked an increasingly anxious Qraljar who can't check it on their own because their hunter isn't geared to take down Argus and will have to wait until the LFR wing is out.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Qraljar wrote:Any news?

Asked an increasingly anxious Qraljar who can't check it on their own because their hunter isn't geared to take down Argus and will have to wait until the LFR wing is out.
The other colours still don't seem to be tameable. :( Just hopped into PTR to check.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:
Qraljar wrote:Any news?

The other colours still don't seem to be tameable. :( Just hopped into PTR to check.
Thanks Vephriel.

At this point, it looks to me like they might not have any intention of making them tameable. I doubt they'd overlook them for so long.

But if that's the case, I simply don't see why, since the red one is.

(inb4 they made the red one untameable this build)

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't see a good reason for it either, and I was hoping by this point maybe it would have changed. But the patch is still a ways off I'm sure, maybe it'll be a last minute fix. I'm hoping so anyways, I was really looking forward to taming one of the new purple ones.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:I don't see a good reason for it either, and I was hoping by this point maybe it would have changed. But the patch is still a ways off I'm sure, maybe it'll be a last minute fix. I'm hoping so anyways, I was really looking forward to taming one of the new purple ones.
Yeah, I might actually make a Void Elf Hunter and get the black silithid. (if they're tameable)

Seems like a perfect fit.

Maybe we should toss Muffinus or another person in charge a little heads-up? That's not to demean them, but stuff does slip past them at times. If they're not meant to be tameable, he can clarify, and if they are, and they already had them scheduled to be flagged, it's all good. But better to mention it before 7.3.5 hits Live without them flagged.
Last edited by Qraljar on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The scorpids in that zone are still classed as spiders and the wasps as silithids, so I wouldn't worry that things are intended to be the way they are. It seems more like they just haven't had a chance to look at them.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:The scorpids in that zone are still classed as spiders and the wasps as silithids, so I wouldn't worry that things are intended to be the way they are. It seems more like they just haven't touched thad a chance to look at them.
Ahh. Then never mind me.

It was mostly the fact that there's now a Void Stalker family and even the new Silithid battle pet is dropping, so I thought everything there was pretty much finished.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It's very odd that they would make a family for just one model. The icon says "hunterpet_warpstalker". There is only one possible skin variant that could currently fit into that family. You would think they would just add it to the currently existing Warp Stalker family.

But yes, there is still time for them to change it, and it wouldn't take them much work to simply flag them as tamable. However, such would need to be done within the next couples of weeks if they plan on adding the new things for Call of the Scarab before the event is over.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I've noticed that the Albino Umbralfin can spawn above the area where Sabuul spawns.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I have thoroughly searched Silithus, as well as the other Silithid hives. Nothing has been changed or added. I also checked Argus, and didn't find any of the unused Panthara, Mana Ray, and Chitinbuk variants.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's weird that the new icon is named 'warpstalker', not 'voidstalker'. Then again, art assets often have odd names.

The icon for the existing Warp Stalker family is called "ability_hunter_pet_warpstalker". This new one is "inv_hunterpet_warpstalker". By name it sounds more like a new icon for the warp stalker family but, as I said, that could be misleading.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The "inv" could be short for inventory, which would imply that it might be an icon for an item that will allow us to tame them.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:The "inv" could be short for inventory, which would imply that it might be an icon for an item that will allow us to tame them.
I suspect that's how it started, but a bunch of pet family icons begin with "inv_", so it's hard to be sure.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

There was a new build, so I think there might be some changes to beasts, but I doubt it, to be truly honest.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Just checked around, and sadly there aren't any changes :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, nothing new. The wrongly-classified creatures are still the same, too.