7.3.5 - Void Stalker creature family

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Re: 7.3.5 - Void Stalker creature family

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Im Really excited to Tame Void Stalkers :headbang:. Tho Where are my grubs i need to tame them. I will do anything to get grubs tameable. Sry for getting of topic. Honestly im excited for Void Stalkers i hope there more colors like a white foggy one. Tho what im WAY to excited for allied races i hope they come early for like pre purchasing the game maybe.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

If Void Stalkers are just a family for the Voidstalkers, then only one possible variant could fit. If they were included in the Warpstalker family, then Blizz could make different variants (Fel, Arcane, Light, etc).

Allied Races will most likely be a pre order bonus. Early access to them, much like they did with DHs.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Valnaaros wrote:If Void Stalkers are just a family for the Voidstalkers, then only one possible variant could fit. If they were included in the Warpstalker family, then Blizz could make different variants (Fel, Arcane, Light, etc).

Allied Races will most likely be a pre order bonus. Early access to them, much like they did with DHs.
Yes you are definitely right but the void stalker thing might be different.

Maybe different colors of void?

But Allied Races You are super right with the races i want to play with are lightforged draenei,void elfs,zandilari trolls [sry for misspell] and nightborne
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

This is very intriguing. Still seems a wee bit redundant to give them their own family when there's only one creature in the entire game that would belong in said family.

Maybe they're restructuring Warpstalkers, similar to what they did with Rodents, as others in this thread have suggested.
Poppets
Realm: Twisting Nether -Vashj

Unread post by Poppets »

@Valnaaros yea I read that as well (I know they wouldn’t allow starter hunters a spirit beast) I was likening unique pet to unique pet. I honestly don’t see them doing that as someone mentioned there’d be uproar, but it could happen I suppose. I do remember there were mana sabres under suramar that indentified as cats but those were hotfixed soon after. I wish they would give Nightbourne something else as having mana sabres be cats as well as spirit beast somewhat lessens their “specialness”.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

@Ickabob It's possible, but I just can't think of what beasts the Warpstalkers could fit with. They are a unique species of giant lizards capable of using the Arcane (or Void) to phase in and out of reality, as well as to blink.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:@Ickabob It's possible, but I just can't think of what beasts the Warpstalkers could fit with. They are a unique species of giant lizards capable of using the Arcane (or Void) to phase in and out of reality, as well as to blink.
Scalehides?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There are more iguana-type lizards coming in Legion that they could fit with, from purely physical criteria. Of course we don't know if those lizards have the same special powers as warp and void stalkers, and they probably don't.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Scalehides are reptiles, but they do not have the ability to utilize and traverse the Arcane and Void.

@Wain Aye, that's true. We won't know until we get to see them for ourselves.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

There is no reason for them to let warpies keep the abilities that made them warpies. They have been moving towards completely cookie cutter pets, and this wouldn't surprise me. All they do anymore is slow time, anyway. There are plenty of cases of wild animals with special abilities who lose them when tamed.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Mechanically, that is true, but it shouldn't be that way. Hopefully Blizz will give unique abilities back to pet families in BfA. Lore wise, warp stalkers still have those abilities.
Jacobzuk
Realm: Dentarg

Unread post by Jacobzuk »

Wain wrote:According to MMO-Champion, “Void Stalker” has been added as a creature family in 7.3.5. I assume this is to facilitate taming by hunters but I haven’t got on to check yet.
It's possible this could be like the Hook Wasp family or the Manasaber families where it's just a temp name and instead of merging families like Hook Wasps into the wasp family and Manasabers into spirit beast's that the Voidstalkers will become Void Beast and add not only Voidstalkers but Void Hounds like the Occuthar boss in Baradin Hold, Felstalkers/Felhounds as they are feral bestial like demons? Hunters did track down Hakkar the Houndmaster treating it like hunting a regular animal.

Would be nice, esp if we get more void/demonic infused pets like maybe the Fleshbeasts are void manipulation of flesh that failed perhaps? Etc?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That could be the case. As of right now, there is only one beast listed as being in the Voidstalker family, and that is the Voidstalker, which is the one that VEs start with.

Personally, I doubt we'll be getting tamable Felstalkers/Felhounds for the sole reason of them already being a Warlock minion. Besides that, they generally have to be enslaved in order to make them serve. From what I can recall from the Hunter Campaign, we never actually tame them or anything. We study them and find out that they are largely immune to magical and physical attacks, so we craft weapons that are capable of killing them, but we never try to befriend them.

Lorewise, Void Hounds are a demon with an insatiable hunger for both flesh and magic, which a single handler could not fulfill. Yes, we kill a lot of things, but not enough to sate a Void Hound. And as seen in Dire Maul, it takes a great deal of magic to bind one, and as soon as it breaks free, it begins massacring.

Fleshbeasts are too much of an abomination to be something a Hunter would tame, imo. They are beings summoned from the Void (as seen in various places in WoW and from a Shadow Priest spell), and constantly want to kill and infect other beings with their spawn.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Jacobzuk wrote:
Wain wrote:According to MMO-Champion, “Void Stalker” has been added as a creature family in 7.3.5. I assume this is to facilitate taming by hunters but I haven’t got on to check yet.
It's possible this could be like the Hook Wasp family or the Manasaber families where it's just a temp name and instead of merging families like Hook Wasps into the wasp family and Manasabers into spirit beast's that the Voidstalkers will become Void Beast and add not only Voidstalkers but Void Hounds like the Occuthar boss in Baradin Hold, Felstalkers/Felhounds as they are feral bestial like demons? Hunters did track down Hakkar the Houndmaster treating it like hunting a regular animal.

Would be nice, esp if we get more void/demonic infused pets like maybe the Fleshbeasts are void manipulation of flesh that failed perhaps? Etc?
Hm. Taming felhounds. That reminds me of something. When I first started playing, I knew nothing about WoW, or even the Warcraft universe. I didn't know about warlocks and their familiars. Since I started with a hunter, I thought only hunters had pets and hadn't noticed warlocks existed. So I thought demons were somehow tameable, since people had them as pets. I was completely freaked out by felhounds, which I now think are kinda cute, and was horrified that someone would tame something like that on purpose. And I wondered for some time where they found them to tame them. Yeah. I was so, so, so noobish. XD
Jacobzuk
Realm: Dentarg

Unread post by Jacobzuk »

Valnaaros wrote:That could be the case. As of right now, there is only one beast listed as being in the Voidstalker family, and that is the Voidstalker, which is the one that VEs start with.

Personally, I doubt we'll be getting tamable Felstalkers/Felhounds for the sole reason of them already being a Warlock minion. Besides that, they generally have to be enslaved in order to make them serve. From what I can recall from the Hunter Campaign, we never actually tame them or anything. We study them and find out that they are largely immune to magical and physical attacks, so we craft weapons that are capable of killing them, but we never try to befriend them.

Lorewise, Void Hounds are a demon with an insatiable hunger for both flesh and magic, which a single handler could not fulfill. Yes, we kill a lot of things, but not enough to sate a Void Hound. And as seen in Dire Maul, it takes a great deal of magic to bind one, and as soon as it breaks free, it begins massacring.

Fleshbeasts are too much of an abomination to be something a Hunter would tame, imo. They are beings summoned from the Void (as seen in various places in WoW and from a Shadow Priest spell), and constantly want to kill and infect other beings with their spawn.
Never said tried to tame them during the Hakkar Houndmaster part but that maybe we could eventually tame the feral demons I mean come on not all of the are entirely demons, some are animals tainted and malformed as demons. Remember the Dark Hounds from Tirisfal Glades? Chromaggus was dragonkin right? And with Void Beasts, the possibilities are endless with Void Tainted like the Voidstalkers or voidborne like a Fleshbeast would be voidborne, born through the Void's attempt at creating flesh and bone. We could get wacky shit like Rick and Morty level.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There aren't really Feral Demons. Felhunters and Felhounds are demons, whereas beasts like the Fel Wolf of Tanaan are beasts tainted by fel magic, but are not actually demons.

The Dark Hounds are wolves that were heavily tainted/augmented by dark magic. Chrommagus is largely an unknown, since we only know a bit of what he really is, other than he contains samples from all of the Dragonflights and possibly could be a result of an experiment of mixing dragon and core hound dna (doesn't make him a dragon).

A void tainted beast, like Gara and the Voidstalker, are one thing. But things like Fleshbeasts are, imo, going too far out of the Hunter's realm and into that of other classes. Besides, Fleshbeasts aren't exactly something you want around, due to them infecting their prey with their spawn, thus creating more.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm inclined to agree with Val on pretty much all of the above. I wouldn't mind seeing legit void creatures, but demons and demonic beasts are a warlock's forte. They do look cool though, I'll give you that. And I'm not gonna deny that the many-eyed core hound demon thing is appealing. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.