Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Quiv »

All these new models, meanwhile...

Also if they put a blue (cobalt?) tarantula in game, that would be awesome!
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I want a loon, please?

Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

Loons and ducks would be great additions imo! If not as pets, but as critters, mobs, or battle pets!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I always found it weird that ducks were never added to WoW in some capacity. There isn't even a mention of them anywhere, such as in a food item.
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

Valnaaros wrote:I always found it weird that ducks were never added to WoW in some capacity. There isn't even a mention of them anywhere, such as in a food item.
Well, there is items in the game that do confirm there is ducks in WoW.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=75034/forsaken-foie-gras
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm not sure if that should be taken very seriously. Aside from that single item, there isn't any other mention of ducks in WoW. That vendor just sells food made out of the playable races and used the names of different food products to describe them.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Tomb wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:I always found it weird that ducks were never added to WoW in some capacity. There isn't even a mention of them anywhere, such as in a food item.
Well, there is items in the game that do confirm there is ducks in WoW.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=75034/forsaken-foie-gras
If you use the context of the item, I don't think that confirms anything of the sort... :?
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rozzana »

Since MoP, Blizz has had a "special tame" for new expacs. It'd be cool if the pets for this one had neat visual effects/animations. Like an elk that leaves a trail of flowers instead of foot prints, or a snake that has a 'venomous vapor trail' like terropene's smoke, a wolf that holds a lantern, etc! :D

They'd be fun and hold a simple but great element of uniqueness :P
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Rozzana wrote:Since MoP, Blizz has had a "special tame" for new expacs. It'd be cool if the pets for this one had neat visual effects/animations. Like an elk that leaves a trail of flowers instead of foot prints, or a snake that has a 'venomous vapor trail' like terropene's smoke, a wolf that holds a lantern, etc! :D

They'd be fun and hold a simple but great element of uniqueness :P
That's a cute idea, especially the elk. We might never tame druids, but that's sorta like a pet druid :D
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I know it won't happen, but does anyone else hope we can tame that overly furry chicken? >_>

I really hope that Mechanical Prairie Dog and Frog get made tameable too.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

They'd be so perfect for gnomes and goblins! My gnome needs a mechanofrog. Needs. And a battlechicken is a lifelong dream of mine.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

loving the new crabs <3
hippos,hyenas XD

wish i got beta invite =/
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think it is safe to say that if a beast has a mech version, that it will probably have a tamable version somewhere :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ziroth wrote:loving the new crabs <3
hippos,hyenas XD

wish i got beta invite =/
If beta invites have gone out, the invitees are keeping it very secret. As far as I know everyone is getting data purely from data mining, and they got the database by IT trickery. Blizzard doesn't seem to mind though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Rozzana »

Wain wrote:Blizzard doesn't seem to mind though.
I'm glad, I know some people were worried that datamining could ruffle feathers with dev teams, but it seems Blizzard is very chill :D
Plus at this point, I think they're starting to use it more and more to their advantage
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Vephriel wrote:Get your feedback into Muffinus for what animals you want to tame! :)
https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/957052176433528832
The first thing to ask for help from you, as you know my English is very very bad (so much so that to write this I need help from an automatic translator, [and I apologize]).

If I know that it does not have to do strictly with the expansion but good if you are willing to listen to suggestions ...

The issue is that since the Quilens came out I've always wanted a green one, if I know there are 2 greens with golden hair but it's not what I want.

Ami I would like a green one just like the one in the Greenstone Village, http://www.wowhead.com/npc=66772/beast-of-jade

Either making it domable, or adding a mob with that model or something but give the possibility of having a green one alone.

Anyone could talk to Muffinus on Twitter to transfer the request of a humble Spanish?

If I do it in Spanish, I do not think I'm going to do any cases, and in English, when I need a translator it gives me a lot of embarrassment and also something decent and presentable does not always come out, thank you very much in advance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lo primero pedir ayuda a vosotros, como sabreis mi ingles es muy muy malo (tanto que para escribir esto necesito ayuda de un traductor automatico, [y pido perdon]).

El tema es que desde que salieron los Quilens yo siempre he querido uno verde, si se que hay 2 verdes con melena dorada pero No es lo que yo quiero.

Ami me gustaria uno verde solo como el que hay en la gesta Greenstone Village, http://www.wowhead.com/npc=66772/beast-of-jade

O bien haciendolo domable, o añadiendo una turba con ese modelo o algo pero dar la posibilidad de tener uno verde solo.

Alguno podria hablar con Muffinus por Twitter para trasladarle la peticion de un humilde español?

Si lo hago en ingles no creo que me haga ningun caso y en ingles al necesitar traductor me da mucha verguenza y ademas no siempre sale algo decente y presentable, muchas gracias de antemano.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tsukina wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Get your feedback into Muffinus for what animals you want to tame! :)
https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/957052176433528832
The first thing to ask for help from you, as you know my English is very very bad (so much so that to write this I need help from an automatic translator, [and I apologize]).

If I know that it does not have to do strictly with the expansion but good if you are willing to listen to suggestions ...

The issue is that since the Quilens came out I've always wanted a green one, if I know there are 2 greens with golden hair but it's not what I want.

Ami I would like a green one just like the one in the Greenstone Village, http://www.wowhead.com/npc=66772/beast-of-jade

Either making it domable, or adding a mob with that model or something but give the possibility of having a green one alone.

Anyone could talk to Muffinus on Twitter to transfer the request of a humble Spanish?

If I do it in Spanish, I do not think I'm going to do any cases, and in English, when I need a translator it gives me a lot of embarrassment and also something decent and presentable does not always come out, thank you very much in advance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lo primero pedir ayuda a vosotros, como sabreis mi ingles es muy muy malo (tanto que para escribir esto necesito ayuda de un traductor automatico, [y pido perdon]).

El tema es que desde que salieron los Quilens yo siempre he querido uno verde, si se que hay 2 verdes con melena dorada pero No es lo que yo quiero.

Ami me gustaria uno verde solo como el que hay en la gesta Greenstone Village, http://www.wowhead.com/npc=66772/beast-of-jade

O bien haciendolo domable, o añadiendo una turba con ese modelo o algo pero dar la posibilidad de tener uno verde solo.

Alguno podria hablar con Muffinus por Twitter para trasladarle la peticion de un humilde español?

Si lo hago en ingles no creo que me haga ningun caso y en ingles al necesitar traductor me da mucha verguenza y ademas no siempre sale algo decente y presentable, muchas gracias de antemano.
Your English is perfectly understandable :)

It's weird there is no plain green quilen. This time I'll ask if the one in Greenstone Village can be tamed, or if a new one can be added. The problem with the Greenstone one is that if you tame it then the instance stops. You have to kill it for the instance to continue. Maybe that's acceptable now.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I love those trilobites. I know they're supposed to be fierce, what with all those spikes, but I find them endearing.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:It's weird there is no plain green quilen. This time I'll ask if the one in Greenstone Village can be tamed, or if a new one can be added. The problem with the Greenstone one is that if you tame it then the instance stops. You have to kill it for the instance to continue. Maybe that's acceptable now.
Perhaps they can treat it like other tameable bosses where a tame is treated as a kill for the sake of progressing through the instance.