Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

From what I've seen, every spec of every class is having their damage reduced, and I think this is due to the stat squish, which will naturally come with reduced damage for spells. But they'll also be lowering the health and damage of bosses, so we should be alright.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Valnaaros wrote:From what I've seen, every spec of every class is having their damage reduced, and I think this is due to the stat squish, which will naturally come with reduced damage for spells. But they'll also be lowering the health and damage of bosses, so we should be alright.
Yeah, it's WAY early.. hopefully they'll discuss it at the dev talk on Tuesday.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

SlickrockGhost wrote:
Not that anyone here actually raids or cares about doing damage, but if Blizz does make BM perform worse that what it is in Legion, any raiding hunter will abandon the spec.. it's really that bad now.
Well, I beg to differ. I think there are quite a few hunters that visit the site that "care about doing damage" Just sayin
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Agreed, Teigan. Even if not everyone is a raider, all of us partake in things like WQs and at least Normal or Heroic dungeons. If we cannot dish out some reasonable damage, those things become harder to do -- even impossible in the case of particular WQs.
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

The mail sets are really disappointing so far.

The leather dungeon set look way more fitting for a hunter. Whydo the team that do mail stuff always have such a hard time designing Mail?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=281141/bat ... l-orc-clan`

I kinda think they should remove Mail entirely. Merge it with Leather and rename all types.

Light
Medium
Heavy
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They're meant to be trolled themed, which may not be everyone's cup of tea.

I doubt Blizz will ever merge the armor sets. Some classes just wouldn't look right wearing another type of armor.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhbccqcCjX0
Man, I was already going to roll a male Zandalari Troll druid after seeing those amazing travel and flight forms, but these guys look really, really amazing. They only reaffirm that decision.

Just an absolute YES all-around.

And they're obviously not done yet. Tattoos will probably be integrated far better in the final product, and glow, like the Nightborne ones.
Last edited by Qraljar on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Unless someone has a preference for the Darkspear, there really isn't a reason to not roll a Zandalari over them. The Zandalari have more customization, a better flight and travel form, a more vibrant culture, and more lore to them.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Unless someone has a preference for the Darkspear, there really isn't a reason to not roll a Zandalari over them. The Zandalari have more customization, a better flight and travel form, a more vibrant culture, and more lore to them.
They're just irresistible. And I don't mean this in a weird way, haha.

I just never expected such a cool race to be playable. By far the biggest show-stealers of the allied races for me.

I do really hope that poor outdated Darkspear bat flight form gets updated, though. They could use the WoD bat form as a base, or go the Hir'eek route in making them somewhat humanoid and more gargoyle like, based on the felbat silhouette.

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

well, reason #1 to roll a darkspear over a zandalari is that zandalari have to be unlocked by playing BfA content at 110-120, and darkspear come standard ;P

(I know what you're getting at, I'm just overtired with an implacable sense of pedantry, lol <3)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Blizz really should consider spicing up the Darkspear, such as with their Druid Forms, if they want people to keep playing them and not shift over to Zandalari.
Xella wrote:well, reason #1 to roll a darkspear over a zandalari is that zandalari have to be unlocked by playing BfA content at 110-120, and darkspear come standard ;P

(I know what you're getting at, I'm just overtired with an implacable sense of pedantry, lol <3)
True ;)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Blizz really should consider spicing up the Darkspear, such as with their Druid Forms, if they want people to keep playing them and not shift over to Zandalari.
Xella wrote:well, reason #1 to roll a darkspear over a zandalari is that zandalari have to be unlocked by playing BfA content at 110-120, and darkspear come standard ;P

True ;)
Yeah, as I said, they could probably grab either the WoD bat model or make a Hir'eek type flight form:
Like this! But just.. not blood-corrupted.

For travel? I have no idea what other than raptor.

Also, as an aside, if they make the Zandalari Druid aquatic form Threshadon too:
Then they'll definitely have a homerun on their hands, haha.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aye, I figured that was what you were referring to. Darkspear druids do receive their flight form from Hir'eek (whom will hopefully survive all of this), so it would something if they a bit more similar to her.

If they give Zandalari a Threshadon aquatic form, then Darkspear druids may as well kiss themselves goodbye :lol:
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Yeah, I'm really getting hyped up about the Zandalari too! I'm going to have to have another go at playing a druid, since those druid forms are just too good! I'm hoping at some point Blizz will give other races specific, awesome forms like that. But, man, that armor, too. I don't know how great it will look on other races, but the trolls will be dressed to the nines for this expansion. Honestly, we needed more high quality troll themed armor, so this makes me really happy. I...probably am going to re-roll my baby troll hunter as a Zandalari too. I mean, she's cool, but she could be soooo much cooler
Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

I really like the Zandalar cloth leveling gear, I hope you can use it for transmog on Alliance characters too! :shock:

And I LOVE the new dire troll model, I wish that they become playable, maybe a barbershop option like no-hunchback orcs... ;)

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Not to burst your bubble, but they'd have to make it completely compatible with armor sets and mounts. Which is never going to happen.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Equeon wrote:Not to burst your bubble, but they'd have to make it completely compatible with armor sets and mounts. Which is never going to happen.
Basically this. They are a great model, and it would be fun to play one, but Blizz would have to make them compatible with mounts and armor, make a female model, and give them all of the animations (/cheer, /dance, /point, etc) that all playable races have.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Here is a video of a flyover of Alpha Zandalar that was posted on Scrolls of Lore. Enjoy! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SzB7nCBLdo&t=180s
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

For those who play a male Orc, a preview of the straight back option that they'll get in 8.0

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

*Wonders why Orgrim Doomhammer is there* ;)