Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'd be fine with Sethrak if their designs were better. They just look like they put legs on the Snakes from City of Villains to me >.>

If they were legless they'd look so much better. Then they'd look like the Snakes from City of Villains. (Snakemen with legs are not cool in my book if you can;t tell :lol:)

I miss City of Villains
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Talihawk wrote:I'm going to be so sad if the Vulpera are Horde only. :(
If they are, then Ally will get the mutant turtle folk.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I like turtles, but honestly they don't look like they have the same customization abilities, as in, I'm not sure they could wear most armor.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I'm glad they added the turtle guys as they showed up in Hearthstone last year.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I honestly feel like we won't ever get player reptiles (or bugs) because Blizzard's pretty set in making 'all reptile races evil' as well as 'all bug races are servants of the old gods and also evil'. It just seems to be part of their cosmology.

For all we know, they're avoiding it because a lot of people are afraid of snakes/reptiles and will be screaming if they have to look at them all the time in their home cities? I don't know. But that's still the impression I've always gotten.

I'm kind of hoping the Vulpera stay NPCs... if only because I find them too cute. I know WoW is pretty cartoony but these guys are way off the chart cartoony and look more appropriate to a kids' JRPG than WoW.

Also, where's my damn cat race, Blizz??

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Joonces
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Joonces »

I'm LOVING all the hairstyles on the female Dark Iron dwarf. I'm really hoping they add more hairstyles to ALL the races with BfA.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The Sethrak were created by a Snake Loa, who was later killed by a Faceless One, but not before Sethrak ensured that the old god minion would die, too. In BfA, half of the Sethrak have been enthralled by the Old Gods, whilst the other half becomes a Horde rep group. This leaves them open as a possibility of being a playable race. :)

If Blizz is worried about people being scared of giant snakes or spiders in cities, then we wouldn't have giant spiders and snakes that can be tamable, as well as a giant black widow mount.

I agree that the Vulpera are just too cutesy. Like you said, they would fit some JRPG more than they would in WoW.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Dark Iron Racials

Dungeon Delver: While Indoors, move 4% faster.

Fireblood: Removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects and increases your primary stat by 100 for each effect removed. Lasts 8 sec. Instant. 2 min cooldown.

Forged In Flames: Reduces damage taken by physical attacks by 1%

Mass Production: Items created by Blacksmithing are created twice as quickly.

Mole Machine: While outdoors, summon a mole machine that tunnels through the earth. 3 second cast. 30 min CD. (Possibly an extra hearth)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Nachtwulf wrote:I honestly feel like we won't ever get player reptiles (or bugs) because Blizzard's pretty set in making 'all reptile races evil' as well as 'all bug races are servants of the old gods and also evil'. It just seems to be part of their cosmology.
Well judging by how the Tortollans are portrayed in Hearthstone they seem like a really nice and kind if not a bit thick race that just loves raptor eggs :lol:
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Vephriel wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Likewise, Veph. I really don't want the Vulpera to be tamable. I would much prefer the Sethrak.
(I know it's just a mental hiccup but tameable made me laugh :lol:) Sethrak would be so much better, this is just my personal opinion of course. I feel like we're due for a reptilian race though. We don't need another furry thing.
I dunno, tameable Vulpera could be fun. Like having a fuzzy little page/side-kick!

But, anyway, I'm hoping for Sethrak. Their animations are great and I like how they look. I wish that the actual cobra beasts looked as snake-like as they do! They got the cobra hoods right on the Sethrak, unlike on those.

I'm super excited about the dwarves now that I've seen the customization options. That hair is amazing!
pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

I am sooo hoping Vulpera become an Allied Race. I'd even roll a Horde charrie again to play one, despite my dislike of what Sylvanas has become. Though part of this might be driven by the customization level they have in comparison to worgen... (which I'm hoping changes when they update worgens). But I think one thing vulpera have going for them is that they'd be relatively 'easy' to add in, using the same skeleton as the goblins and the builds are very similar...there wouldn't be a lot of 'work' needed to put all the player armor and stuff on compared to something completely new.

Sethrak just don't seem to have as much customization as the vulpera yet. That might change, but overall they don't seem to have the same level put into them. Sadly they seem more like they're put in there as just an enemy of the vulpera.

The ones I'd really like to see are night elf worgen (but sadly probably not, even though come onnnn after Val'Sharah and the Scythe let me have my dreammmmm...before we destroy the scythe of elune forever). Kul Tiras humans (which I think are highlyyyy likely). And while I wouldn't play them, undead elves are probably a high possibility as well.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Nightborne didn't have a ton of customization, but Blizz has changed that. If Sethrak have enough support for playability, Blizz will make it happen :)

Thus far, the leaks have been spot on. If they continue to be true, then we'll be getting Forsaken Elves, which were a part of the leak.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Valnaaros wrote:
Thus far, the leaks have been spot on. If they continue to be true, then we'll be getting Forsaken Elves, which were a part of the leak.
Ahh, which leak is that? I'm hoping for undead elves so much. :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It came out a few weaks before Blizzcon. I saw it on mmo-c on the main xpac speculation forums. But the leak basically gave clues like "Humans aren't the only race that are Forsaken" and "Those of the ancient empire will stand with the Darkspear" or something like that. It leaked races like the Dark Irons, which weren't even speculated to be a playable race, unlike the Lightforged, VEs, Nightborne, and Highmountains.

So, if the leak is real, then Forsaken Elves are going to be playable :)
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I'll be honest, I would be over the moon if Vulpera became a playable race.
I could see Alliance getting Vulpera and Horde getting Sethrak.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

pawprintedheart
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, WrA

Unread post by pawprintedheart »

Makoes wrote:I'll be honest, I would be over the moon if Vulpera became a playable race.
I could see Alliance getting Vulpera and Horde getting Sethrak.
Oh man, I would SO love that. Though sadly I'm pretty sure the Horde helps the Vulpera against the Sethrak, but ohhh a girl could dream. I would be so so happy.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, the Vulpera and the friendly Sethrak are working together with the Horde.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Valnaaros wrote:It came out a few weaks before Blizzcon. I saw it on mmo-c on the main xpac speculation forums. But the leak basically gave clues like "Humans aren't the only race that are Forsaken" and "Those of the ancient empire will stand with the Darkspear" or something like that. It leaked races like the Dark Irons, which weren't even speculated to be a playable race, unlike the Lightforged, VEs, Nightborne, and Highmountains.

So, if the leak is real, then Forsaken Elves are going to be playable :)
Huh, I remember the initial leaks including void elves and nightborne and all that, but I don't seem to remember anything about dark rangers...if you can find a link let me know, I'd like to read through it all properly!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Those were included in the leak, as well, but races like the Zandalari and Dark Irons being included gives the leak more creedence since they were not located in the 7.3 files (which contained LFs, VEs, HMs, and NBs) that started all of the subrace speculatiom prior to Blizzcon.

If am able to find it, I would definately share it here :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Just give us Murlocs. Nuff said.