Trying to clear up stable space...I just can't do it!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Huntress Linthirri
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Trying to clear up stable space...I just can't do it!

Unread post by Huntress Linthirri »

I love my pets, it's the main reason I play a Hunter...and it's to the point where I have ONE single spot open...I cannot bring myself to part with any of my pets...

I have...

You know what...I was going to list them all but honestly it's just to many...so I'll link my armory instead.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ons/stable

I don't want to give up my beautiful pets...I'm afraid when BfA comes out some might be lost to the carnage..and will no longer be obtainable...and I don't have it in me to camp spirit beasts or challenge tames again =(

Halp =(! Please give us more slots!
Littlemyuu
Realm: Al'akir

Re: Trying to clear up stable space...I just can't do it!

Unread post by Littlemyuu »

I know how you feel, Every pet I tamed brings small story on the day I tamed them. just do what I did. make another Hunter :D
but if you don't want to I understand.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I do know how you feel :( Though looking over your stable, I can see quite a few pets that, if necessary, could be released and easily retamed. There are even some that don't have names.
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

I feel you, bc of limited space whenever we get new pets I always impose a few limits on myself to keep from filling my stables.
The only ones I risk splurging on are Spiritbeast, bc it's a personal goal of mine to catch every single one (save for reskins, I don't like those).
Huntress Linthirri

A lot of the ones without names are the ones you have to track and flare / tame. I need to go back and give them the proper names now that I have more time on my hands =), and I actually did level a second hunter, and managed to re-tame all of the Northrend Spirit Beasts and a few others, so she's working her way up there!
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Obviously every person is different, but you have a lot of "duplicate" pets.

- 17 spirit beasts, 4 of which are unnamed
- 6 mechanical beasts, 2 of which are unnamed

- Unnamed basilisk, turtle, water strider, and caterpillar.

I find it hard to believe that you can't part with pets you haven't even given names to.
Surely these unnamed beasts will be happier in the stables of another hunter, while you can create stronger bonds with the new creatures of the upcoming expansion?

As for the spirit beasts, consider "transferring" some of them to your second hunter. She could have the goal of taming lost spirits and giving them a single home, while your main hunter continues to just tame any creature in particular that she has encountered and developed a bond with.
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

We just need more slots :O

^^Which ones could I chuck? I'm 100% full. I'm thinking the rune sabers from Suramar because while they are beautiful, they certainly aren't rare. I was kinda bummed they weren't rare :(

I really want more unique skin/rare pets to tame, it's the best mini-game in wow :) :) (Other than battle pets haha)
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

jensketch wrote:We just need more slots :O

^^Which ones could I chuck? I'm 100% full. I'm thinking the rune sabers from Suramar because while they are beautiful, they certainly aren't rare. I was kinda bummed they weren't rare :(

I really want more unique skin/rare pets to tame, it's the best mini-game in wow :) :) (Other than battle pets haha)
You have 4 unnamed pets, how much do you really care about them?

If you don't care for the runesabers since they aren't rare, then that makes a total of 6 slots you can free without having to make any tougher decisions.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Thok, Rage, Mechabaa, Mechabirb, Harmony, Calonnau, Charlotte, Bulvinkle, Blixt, and Bronto are all easily obtainable pets. Depending on how you feel about them, you could get rid of them and either tame them again in the future or on another hunter. Combine these with those that Equeon mentioned above, that is 16 slots.
Huntress Linthirri

Equeon wrote:Obviously every person is different, but you have a lot of "duplicate" pets.

- 17 spirit beasts, 4 of which are unnamed
- 6 mechanical beasts, 2 of which are unnamed

- Unnamed basilisk, turtle, water strider, and caterpillar.

I find it hard to believe that you can't part with pets you haven't even given names to.
Surely these unnamed beasts will be happier in the stables of another hunter, while you can create stronger bonds with the new creatures of the upcoming expansion?

As for the spirit beasts, consider "transferring" some of them to your second hunter. She could have the goal of taming lost spirits and giving them a single home, while your main hunter continues to just tame any creature in particular that she has encountered and developed a bond with.
They've actually all been named =D. I never got around to it when I tamed them because my son had just been born and I was to busy being mama =). There's actually one pet in particular, Olm the Wise, that my son picked out and even named after himself, so that's why I can't get rid of that one =).

As much as I like having the second Hunter to tame pets on, I still like having them on my main.