Battle for Azeroth creatures

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth creatures

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Excellent job, Wain! :D
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Keilden wrote:http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/129284-redmaw-saurolisk
http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/129576-zandalari-leguaan

Those giant lizards come as both basilisks and crocolisks.
Cool finds. It's quite possible these families are (or at least one is) artifacts from copying old NPCs. It's really hard to know at this stage, and it's probably too early for them to have time to think about it much. I guess we'll wait and see. For now, I'm just calling them "giant lizards" and setting their family as Unclassified.

By the way, has *anyone* from our community received an Alpha invitation yet? It's early, but I was curious.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Not that I'm aware of. Sadly, it has just been streamers, wowhead, mmo-c, and friends and family. I have only read about a few people outside of these groups thay have gotten an invite :(
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

My favorite thing about those lizards is that they move, run, and bound like giant dogs :lol:
Every time I see one moving in alpha, all I can think is that they're scaly dogs :D
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/133531-xuba

Weirdest crab I have seen.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Keilden wrote:http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/133531-xuba

Weirdest crab I have seen.
:lol:
Most likely just a misclassification.
Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

Has anyone seen pictures of the hunters with rabbit pets? I keep looking around and have yet to see them! I really hope they're here to stay, I adore the concept of a killer bunny! :D
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There were some pictures on here of them, but it isn't clear if that is intended or not.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I kinda overlooked the white raven before. I'm actually really looking forward to taming one! Hawks are my favorite bird, but ravens aren't far behind, and I'm loving the white one.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

I'm sorry if it's been mentioned or discussed, but I've been wondering about the "Baby Brontosaurus" model (which shows up in this Wowhead post, although that same post has the same model called just "brontosaurus"--at least I think it's the same), and whether or not it might be our tamable version of the big brontos.

Compare to the adult model:

Normally I wouldn't think a baby version of a model would be intentionally tamable, however (if I recall correctly) the big brontos are really, really big--bigger than devilsaurs, from what it looked like. That would make the babies fairly massive, and probably pretty dangerous.

The "baby" form also seem to look really different from the bronto pet (which I assume is a battle pet model):

And they are the base for the actual bronto mount (unless there are other mount model images floating around that I've missed):

Which is different from the pack-dino version:

Obviously there's no way to know yet, but maybe bronto babies are something to keep an eye out for?
funk#1402

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Mr. GM made a video about this very thing. The first model you posted is the most likely to be tamable, if Blizz decides for them to be.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Valnaaros wrote:Mr. GM made a video about this very thing. The first model you posted is the most likely to be tamable, if Blizz decides for them to be.
Ooh. I was just rummaging through datamined models, I hadn't even noticed the difference when they were first datamined.

Edit: found the vid. Good lord, these things are even bigger than they looked in the Blizzcon preview. Forget about player housing, we could should rally for customizable pack dinos.
funk#1402

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If we can tame full-size ones it's going to be fun seeing them shrink! :)

Related trivia: the brontosaurus mount model uses the baby bronto skins, not the adult ones, while the pack bronto model uses the adult skins (with blankets and reins added). I've no idea why the difference, unless their thought is that we'll be riding baby brontos.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, that's what Mr. GM says in his vid. I think it is because by default the pack Bruto is huge and also has some different animations compared to the baby Bruto.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I just saw the HD crabs. Is this supposed to be Karkin? Wowhead shows a blue HD crab in 3D for Karkin, but I was worried this was intended because its disheartening.

HEre is side by side to compare:
Image Image
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, I believe the one on the left is intended to be Karkin's new look.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I don't mind that one too much. It's much more 'realistic' than the original, and not as shiny, but I kinda like it. They probably could have turned up the contrast a bit and make it shinier, though.

The "truesilver" one has me more worried. The lack of any contrast makes it look matte blue and not even the least bit metallic.

Image Image

Hopefully we can provide some feedback on these, and lobby to get the least-appropriate ones tweaked. I want to make up a side-by-side table to help us facilitate this but it'll have to wait until I'm done with new mount images (which are slow and painful... to give you an example I just produced 224 images for pterrodax mounts alone, because of all the colours, multiplied by the number of combos of configurable saddle/mask options :cry: ).
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Hopefully so. I don't expect every one of our requests to be fulfilled, but like you said, if the least-appropriate ones are tweaked, that'll help make things better.

224 images for just the pterrodax's? Wow, I can't imagine the grand total for all mounts D: Keep up the hard work, Wain! We all are greatly appreciative of all that you do! :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

The gem crabs can easily have a shiny filter put on them that the model viewer likely doesn't have. Remember the void marsuul, how the model viewer didn't allow for the particle effects to show up properly? The crabs could be the same.