Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Re: Battle for Azeroth Alpha/Beta General Thread

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Now we can only hope for crafted guns that are worthwhile.. :D
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Engineers will be able to craft bombs that deliver a variety of effects, ranging from aoe slows to polymorphs. They can also craft a portable xmog pad that lasts for 2 mins.

Blacksmiths will be able to craft new stirrups and hoofplates.

Vantus Runes will continue to be a thing, and buff scrolls are making a comeback.

Leatherworkers can craft Scuba gear, as well as new drums and barding.

Tailors can craft banners that can increase mount speed, reduce CCs, and reduce incoming damage.

New Herbs: Riverbud, Star Moss, Akunda's Bite, Winter's Kiss, Sea Stalk, and Aromatic Pollen.

New Ore: Monalite, Storm Iron, and Teryllium.
Brocksley
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by Brocksley »

watching the alpha streams today, and I saw this awesome black glowy blue stag. Not the best screenshot, but it looks pretty awesome.

https://imgur.com/a/oxhBc
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Surv is getting heavily revamped in BfA. Bellular did a video on youtube about it, but basically it'll be a melee/range hybrid. Kill Command will be a focus generator. Mongoose Bite is now a talent. Raptor Strike is one of the main focus spenders. If you choose Mongoose Bite, then it will replace Raptor Strike.

Serpent Sting is making a return. Can dot two individuals at once whem you use it. Its animation is similar to Outlaw's Pistol Shot, except that you quickly draw and fire a miniature crossbow.

Aspect of the Eagle increases the crit of all abilties and increases the range of Raptor Strike by 40 yards for 20 sec. You may wonder how you could hit something that is 40 yards away. Well, when you use Raptor Strike, you swing your weapon and a spectral owl/eagle flies forward and hits your target.

Harpoon is a talent that generates 40 focus over 10 sec and the CD is reset when you kill a target. Surv now also has disengage.

Wildfire Bomb is a new ability that, when used on a target, creates a pulsating aoe. Guerilla Tactics gives it 2 charges.

Bloodseeker is a new talent that applies a Bleed to Kill Command. Every target with this bleed will grant you a 10% boost to Attack Speed.

Arctic Bola is a new talent. 8 sec CD and costs 40 focus. Deals damage and slows the target.

Primal Instincts is a talent that cause Harpoon to increase the crit of all abilities by 15% for 12 sec. Disengage increases your haste by 15% for 12 sec.

This is still very early on in the Alpha and Bellular even commented that it is a bit clunky right now.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Oooh that stag is nice.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Not exactly related to the Alpha/Beta, but that dog mount that was datamined just showed up in the Chinese Mount journal. It will come from the ingame story.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:Not exactly related to the Alpha/Beta, but that dog mount that was datamined just showed up in the Chinese Mount journal. It will come from the ingame story.
Wowhead has said it's a store mount according to the Chinese players that can see it in the journal. Not sure if its region restricted yet or they just get it first.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aye, I meant to say ingame store, not story :lol: It'll probably be available come the Lunar Festival. :)
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

This was originally discussed in the speculation thread, but it might be better to post here: seems that we are getting option to hide our gloves in next expansion. Simular items exist in database for other slots that can be turned invisible.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

oooooh. I hope they add bracers too; I'd love to be able to use my shirts' sleeves for mog beyond just covering up my skin. There are gloves short enough to not interferre but there isn't a single bracer across all four armor classes that doesn't flatten the sleeves of shirts down.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As is already widely known, there will be a stat squish as well as an ilvl squish. Here is the current conversion of the latter:

1000 Ilvl -> 280 Ilvl
970 Ilvl -> 250 Ilvl
940 Ilvl -> 220 Ilvl
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Xella wrote:oooooh. I hope they add bracers too; I'd love to be able to use my shirts' sleeves for mog beyond just covering up my skin. There are gloves short enough to not interferre but there isn't a single bracer across all four armor classes that doesn't flatten the sleeves of shirts down.
Yeah;; at first I was excited about the hidden gloves option, but then I realized we're still going to be stuck with bracers unless they give us the option to hide them as well. There just...aren't very many nice bracers, and as you mentioned, none that don't cut off shirt sleeves. :( I feel like the two should come hand in hand.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Vephriel wrote:
Xella wrote:oooooh. I hope they add bracers too; I'd love to be able to use my shirts' sleeves for mog beyond just covering up my skin. There are gloves short enough to not interferre but there isn't a single bracer across all four armor classes that doesn't flatten the sleeves of shirts down.
Yeah;; at first I was excited about the hidden gloves option, but then I realized we're still going to be stuck with bracers unless they give us the option to hide them as well. There just...aren't very many nice bracers, and as you mentioned, none that don't cut off shirt sleeves. :( I feel like the two should come hand in hand.
Hand in hand *giggle*

But, I called it! I was right!
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Next expansion trailer will have some kind of shirtless demon hunk, thereby predicting the option to hide chest armor :o
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Equeon wrote:Next expansion trailer will have some kind of shirtless demon hunk, thereby predicting the option to hide chest armor :o
:lol:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wowhead posted a list of Artifact Traits and Legion Legendaries that will be returning in BfA. For ease of reading or for those that don't visit Wowhead, I'll be posting the list here :)

Demon Hunter

Havoc

The Legendary Anger of the Half-Giants became the new talent Insatiable Hunger (Demon's Bite generates up to 10 additional fury).

Vengeance

The artifact trait Fueled by Pain was turned into the talent Gluttony (Consuming a Soul Fragment has a chance to activate Metamorphosis for 5 sec).

The artifact trait Fiery Demise was buffed and turned into the talent Charred Flesh (Fiery Brand increases the Fire damage your abilities deal to the target by 20%).

Druid

Restoration

The main artifact ability Essence of G'Hanir had its effects baked into the Flourish talent (Extends the duration of all of your heal over time effects on friendly targets within 60 yards by 8 sec, and increases the rate of your heal over time effects by 100% for 8 sec), which had its cooldown increased to 1m30 to accommodate that buff.

Hunter

Beast Mastery

The legendary Qa'pla, Eredun War Order likely inspired the new effect on Cobra Shot (A quick shot causing [(35.36% of Attack Power) * ((min(Level - 1, 19) * 12+112) /340)] Physical damage. Reduces the cooldown of Kill Command by 1 sec.

The artifact trait Healing Shell was buffed, has its utility available via Natural Mending (Exhilaration heals you for an additional 20% of your maximum health over 10 sec), with Exhilaration instead of Aspect of the Turtle as a trigger.

Mage

Arcane

The artifact trait Rule of Threes (You have a 33.3% chance to fire 3 additional Arcane Missiles) likely inspired the new talent Mana Adept (While you are above 80% mana, Arcane Missiles fires 2 additional missiles).

Fire

The main artifact ability Phoenix's Flames became the new talent Phoenix Flames (Hurls a Phoenix that deals (100% of Spell Power) Fire damage to the target and splashes (31.25% of Spell Power) Fire damage to other nearby enemies. This damage is always a critical strike).

Monk

Windwalker

The main artifact ability Strike of the Windlord (Strikes with both Fists of the Heavens at all enemies in front of you, dealing (933%+933%) damage and reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec) likely inspired the new talent Fist of the White Tiger (Strike your target with the technique of the White Tiger, dealing [(112.5% of Attack poewr) + (112.5% of Attack poewr)%] Physical damage to your taget while generating 3 Chi).

Paladin

Retribution

The main artifact ability Wake of Ashes became the new talent Wake of Ashes (Lash out at your enemies, dealing (163.8% of Attack power)% Radiant damage to all enemies within 12 yards in front of you and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 5 sec. Demon and Undead enmies are also stunned for 5 sec.

Priest

Holy

The artifact trait Cosmic Ripple (When Holy Word: Serenity or Holy Word: Sanctify finish their cooldown, you emit a burst of light that heals up to 5 injured targets for (30% of Spell power).

Shadow

The main artifact ability Void Torrent became the new talent Void Torrent (Channel a torrent of void energy into the target, dealing (300% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 4 sec. Insanity does not drain during this channel.

The legendary ring The Twins' Painful Touch (Mind Flay cast after entering Voidform spreads Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch to 3 enemies within 10 yards of your target) likely inspired the new talent Dark Void (Void Eruption applies Shadow Word: Pain to all targets hit).

The multiple Mind Blast charges given by the legendary Mangaza's Madness are now given by the talent Shadow Word: Void (Blasts the target with a word of void for (175% of Spell power) Shadow damage), which also increases its damage.

Rogue

Assassination

The effect from the class legendary Mantle of the Master Assassin is now the Assassination talent Master Assassin (While Stealth is active and for 3 sec after breaking Stealth, your critical strike chance is increased by 50%).

The artifact trait Bag of Tricks became the new talent Poison Bomb (Envenom and Rupture have a 4% chance per combo point spent to smash a vial of poison at the target's location, creating a pool of acidic death that deals [(9.828% of Attack power) * 6] Nature damage over 3 sec to all enemies within it.

Outlaw

The artifact trait Loaded Dice (Activating Adrenaline Rush causes your next Roll the Bones to grant at least two matches) is now a talent.

Shaman

Elemental

The main artifact ability Stormkeeper became the new talent Stormkeeper (Charge yourself within lightning, causing your next 2 Lightning Bolts or Chain Lightnings to be instant cast and trigger an Elemental Overload on every target).

The artifact trait Volcanic Inferno (Lava Burst has a chance to open a volcanic fissure under your target, dealing (6 * (15% of Spell power)) Fire damage over 6 sec to all enemies within 3 yards of the target) likely inspired the new talent Volcanic Rage (Erupt a volcano under your target's location, causing (250% of Spell power) Fire damage to all enemies within 8 yards and applying Flame Shock to all targets hit for 12.0 sec).

Enhancement

The artifact trait Doom Wolves became the new talent Elemental Spirits (Your Feral Spirits will be imbued with Fire, Frost, or Lightning, enhancing your abilities).

Warlock

Affliction

The effects from the legendary Hood of Eternal Disdain (Agony deals its full damage 10% faster) likely inspired the new talent Creeping Death (Your Agony, Corruption, and Unstable Affliction deal their full damage 15% faster).

Warrior

Arms

The main artifact ability Warbreaker became the new talent Warbreaker (Smash the ground and shatter the armor of all enemies within 8 yards, dealing (155% of Attack power) Physical damage and increasing damage you deal to them by 30% for 10 sec).

The legendary ring Ayala's Stone Heart had its effects transfered into the talent Sudden Death (Your damaging melee abilities have a chance to make your next Execute cost no Rage, be usable on any target regardless of their health, and deal damage as if you spent 40 Rage).
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

First Aid might be going away. The recent build is listing all old and BfA bandages under Tailoring.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Interesting. Do you think it might be in preparation for another secondary profession? Or just acknowledging its...underwhelmingness? :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Probably the latter. I mean, honestly, how often do you use First Aid? For me, it is next to never. I eat after combat or use a beal. During combat, either there is too much going on to be able to stop and use a bandage or not enough to warrant it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It looks like Blizz has been listening and will be adding a Legacy Loot Mode for Transmog runs: http://www.wowhead.com/news=282075/loot ... or-azeroth