Zandalari Druid Forms are Dinosaurs!!!!

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Zandalari Druid Forms are Dinosaurs!!!!

Unread post by Teigan »

For...the...alliance....

Attachments
salt.jpg
salt.jpg (45.81 KiB) Viewed 3782 times
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I feel like they're really gonna have it step it up with Alliance side Allies after these. I main Horde and I'm feeling SO BAD for Alliance right now, because all the news we've been seeing lately is the Orc Clans and now these amazing Zandalari druid models. I was already planning to race changing my troll druid over to a Zandalari just after the Raptor travel form and the Pterrorwing flight forms were revealed. Now it's just a solid 'YES'.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

And Alliance gets fat humans, more than likely. Just...fat...humans. No Horde bias with this stuff at all. Nope.

This is fine.

But, the massive ocean of salt aside, the druid forms really are amazing. They should have been so creative with all the druids. I don't understand Highmountain being so unoriginal, being so new. But hey, you guys got Nightborne and Orc clans to make up for having super awesome mooses, so you'll probably be fine.

I'm not bitter.
Skeppio
Realm: Khaz'Goroth (US)

Unread post by Skeppio »

Thwip wrote:I feel like they're really gonna have it step it up with Alliance side Allies after these. I main Horde and I'm feeling SO BAD for Alliance right now, because all the news we've been seeing lately is the Orc Clans and now these amazing Zandalari druid models.
They should, but they won't. The moment the expansion was focusing on the Alliance vs Horde, we all knew where Blizzard would side.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Welp, looks like I'm going to need to reserve a name for a Zandalari druid now :lol: That moonkin form is absolutely gorgeous! Blizzard have really outdone themselves with the Zandalari forms :D
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

After the solid disappointment that was Highmountain reskins and awful forms, we saw the Zandalari travel forms which were absolute garbage. I still haven't come to like the Moonkin form yet, since it's just the worst Arakkoa with a Falcosaur's features, but that bear form has me wanting it RIGHT NOW. I needed a Horde character that was worth leveling so I could get some troll transmogs, but the Druid sealed the deal for me. Bear tanking may be nerfed, but my aim of having every druid form hasn't been nerfed.

GIMME DAT DINOSAUR
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

I'm actually gonna disagree with you on the travel forms being garbage there, Werebear. I actually really like them. My druid is going to using that flight one over the Lunarwing. I have plenty of two seater mounts if I absolutely need one while playing that character. The odd moonkin form has me wanting to run without the Glyph of Stars for the first time ever. I never cared for the original Moonkins. Moose travel form was cute, but I feel like they royally got shafted when it came to....literally everything else.

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Ok, so what is a good Horde server these days? I've been told Thrall is decent? That Zandalari druid will not be denied >.<
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Thwip »

High pop horde Servers usually include: Illidan, Area 52, Hyjal (I know this one is Horde heavy, but not high pop...cause I really wanted Elune to get merged with it when connected realms were happening.)......hrm.....I'm honestly not sure how Thrall is, to be honest! (edit: Looks like it's pretty good too!) The big bads are Illidan and Area52 though. Illidan is a pvp server, mind!

Realm Pop is usually pretty helpful! Sometimes. I'm pretty sure this takes numbers of active players. If it doesn't, then it should still show ya which realms have the most of what faction.

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

It will depend of if you're EU or NA?
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Thanks for the suggestions, Thwip
I'm North America, Inay
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Skeppio wrote:
Thwip wrote:I feel like they're really gonna have it step it up with Alliance side Allies after these. I main Horde and I'm feeling SO BAD for Alliance right now, because all the news we've been seeing lately is the Orc Clans and now these amazing Zandalari druid models.
They should, but they won't. The moment the expansion was focusing on the Alliance vs Horde, we all knew where Blizzard would side.
The Alliance side of things has still has a lot of work to be done. If you compare the Horde questing zones to the Alliances, the Hordes are much closer to completion. Besides this, just going by the broadcast text, the Horde is being hit with the villain bat again.

That being said, they really do need to step it up with the Druid forms. They have opened the floodgates in regards to Druid forms not having to be a bird, beard, cat, stag, and boomkin. Kul Tirans are capable of being Druids so, if they are made playable, hopefully we'll get something good with them.
Skeppio
Realm: Khaz'Goroth (US)

Unread post by Skeppio »

Valnaaros wrote:The Alliance side of things has still has a lot of work to be done. If you compare the Horde questing zones to the Alliances, the Hordes are much closer to completion. Besides this, just going by the broadcast text, the Horde is being hit with the villain bat again.

That being said, they really do need to step it up with the Druid forms. They have opened the floodgates in regards to Druid forms not having to be a bird, beard, cat, stag, and boomkin. Kul Tirans are capable of being Druids so, if they are made playable, hopefully we'll get something good with them.
Thats the problem. They always work on the Horde stuff first and the Alliance is nothing but an afterthought. They can spare the time to give one Horde race a completely new set of Druid forms, yet the Alliance capital is loaded with placeholders and terrain bugs as of the latest build!

Also, got any confirmation for Kul'Tiran druids, or even playable Kul'Tirans at all? After all this dev time, i still haven't seen solid proof of either.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is very, very early in the Alpha. There is still a lot of stuff to be done, and they have to work on something first. They can't give constant equal attention to everything. If things are still bad for the Alliance when BfA comes out, then we can say that Blizz didn't give them enough attention. But it isn't out yet.

We don't know if Kul Tirans will be playable or not yet. Probably will, but there has been no confirmation.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Valnaaros wrote:Kul Tirans are capable of being Druids so, if they are made playable, hopefully we'll get something good with them.
I highly doubt it. If we ever get Kul'Tirans as a playable race, and IF they can be druids, I'm pretty sure they won't bother giving them awesome animal forms at all. Most likely they will just take the worgen forms and blow them up to make them fat, gives themselves a pat on the back for a "job well done", and call it a day.

Don't get me wrong, the Zandalari forms are awesome even though I'm really not a fan of the balance form, though I can't deny that it is well made. But I know they care very little about the Alliance side of things and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they take so much time working on the Horde side that they won't have much time left and will just half ass it quickly before release. They've done it before.
ImageImage
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They can be druids, as seen in Drustvar. We are sent to find a particular woman and, when we find her, she shifts into a cat form.

I'm optimistic. There are at least five months till release, and that is plenty of time for Blizz to complete the Alliance side of things. The Alpha started not too long ago, so they could be almost done with Kul Tiras/Alliance things and could implement them at any time :)
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Jelani wrote:I..may have found the one thing that will make my Drood become boomkin and not a cow. I love the tauren. Always have, always will. But I wanted the Arakoa model to be playable soooooo badly. This is so close I cant stand it!
This is the first thing I saw seeing that screen grab of the moonkin. Arakoa with tusks. Makes me want Arakoa even more!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

I cant get over the Koopa Tank form! :D
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

These are amazing!! Now I'm especially eager to see what the "cat" form will look like. I had kind of lost hope that they'd go in a different direction but this opens up so many future possibilities for druids. Really clever use of the bear skeleton too, I imagine they still had to use it as a base so that it would work with druid ability animations.

Also, that boomkin form is fantastic. I've been calling it a pterokkoa. :D

I can't wait to roll my Zandalari druid. <3
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I am personally hoping for something like the Kaprosuchus to be their feral form. It supposedly was a very fast ancestor of the crocodile.

Since Blizz has shown that they are willing to make druid forms that aren't bears, cats, hawks, and moonkin, then perhaps they could give Tauren a Kodo Guardian form, and Worgen a Wolf Feral form and Raven bird form :)