Feedback poll - updated skins that are most liked

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Model updates that are most liked

Tan Beetle
3%
Grand Vulture Black
0%
Grand Vulture Blue-Grey
2%
Grand Vulture Brown
0%
Grand Vulture Blue-Grey Ghostly
0%
Grand Vulture Red
No votes
Grand Vulture White
No votes
Grand Crab Indigo
1%
Grand Crab Bronze
2%
Grand Crab Onyx & Ruby
2%
Grand Crab Vermillion
0%
Grand Crab Truesilver
No votes
Grand Crab Ivory
1%
Grand Gorilla Black
2%
Grand Gorilla Steel Gray
2%
Grand Gorilla Black
1%
Grand Gorilla Grey
1%
Grand Gorilla Red
3%
Grand Gorilla Icy Blue
2%
Grand Hyena Black
5%
Grand Hyena Silver Grey
4%
Grand Hyena Burnt Orange
3%
Grand Hyena Purple
2%
Grand Hyena Red
2%
Grand Hyena Yellow
3%
Upgraded Robotic Gorilla
4%
Upgraded Robot Chicken
4%
Thunder Lizard Beige
0%
Thunder Lizard Black
1%
Thunder Lizard Dark Blue
2%
Thunder Lizard Green
2%
Thunder Lizard Brown
No votes
Thunder Lizard Red
No votes
Spider-Grand Gracile Black Widow
No votes
Spider-Grand Gravile Crystal
No votes
Spider-Grand Gravile Dark Green
0%
Spider-Grand Gracile Purple Grey
No votes
Spider-Grand Gracile Bright Green
2%
Spider-Grand Gracile Grey Brown
No votes
Spider-Grand Gracile Purple Grey
0%
Spider-Grand Gracile Red Olive
No votes
Spider-Grand Gracile Brown
No votes
Spider-Grand Bone Brown
0%
Spider-Grand Bone Dark Brown
0%
Spider-Grand Bone Green Grey
0%
Spider-Grand Bone Grey
0%
Spider-Grand Bone Khaki Grey
0%
Spider-Grand Tarantula Green
6%
Spider-Grand Tarantula Grey
5%
Spider-Grand Tarantula Lava
6%
Spider-Grand Tarantula Orange
3%
Spider-Grand Tarantula Brown
3%
Spider-Grand Barbed Burnt Orange
1%
Spider-Grand Barbed Red Black
2%
Spider-Grand Barbed Amber Yellow
1%
Wind Serpent-Grand Blue Black
2%
Wind Serpent-Grand Green
4%
Wind Serpent-Grand Orange
4%
Wind Serpent-Grand Red
2%
Wind Serpent-Grand Crimson
2%
Wind Serpent-Grand Light Brown
No votes

Total votes: 253

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Feedback poll - updated skins that are most liked

Unread post by Quiv »

Based on the BfA alpha updated models, we wanted to start gathering feedback. You can find the Petopia comparison page HERE and the comparison forum topic HERE.

In an effort to concentrate our feedback as a pet loving community, I wanted to make a poll to see which of the updates we collectively enjoyed the most. We don't want to come across as needy or unappreciative of the work put into the updates. There are many that we can find fantastic things to say about them. Thats what this thread is for. Feel free to pick the ones you like and brag away!

Much like the other poll thread, we don't want to turn this thread into a debate or argument thread either. If someone likes a skin, thats 100% A-OK. Feel free to debate each others feedback in the image comparison thread: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 60&t=25223
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Feedback poll - updated skins that are most liked

Unread post by Quiv »

I'll start things off. I like a lot but the most striking for me, the biggest one that will likely change me from something I didnt like to now I like it is the blue stegodon.

Thunder Lizard Dark Blue: While I can certainly see how others can take issue with this one, I absolutely love it. I've never tamed a Stegodon but I probably will this one. This one is just really rad to me!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Tarantulas are the stars of the show for me - they have an absolutely fantastic update that's both faithful to the original and improves upon them tenfold. <3 I've been wanting a new tarantula models for years and I'm absolutely thrilled we're finally getting them, especially since it means we might look forward to new colours in the future! I particularly love the attention to detail on the undersides, I can really see that whoever designed them knew what a spider is supposed to look like. :) I'm happy with the colours (green keeps the purple goo on the mouth!) and the rework of the mouth parts (still not super realistic but much better than the oddly placed fangs they had originally).

Another model that stands out to me is the wind serpent, specifically the green one. I really do love the new model in general, it looks fantastic and the scales look so good, unfortunately some of the colours don't quite live up to the originals, but the green one does in my opinion. Really nice job from whoever designed them, I'd just like to see the rest of the colours closer to the originals. On that note, I actually love the new black one as a standalone new model - the stripes look great! But I'll miss the iconic blue belly that the first had.

Also I do want to give kudos for the updated Gracile spider models in terms of shape. It's so nice to see their anatomy addressed - spiders do not have 3 segments like an ant!!! It's bothered me for years and now they have a proper head and abdomen.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The new tarantulas are amazing! They are very faithful to the original models and have had a lot more detail put into them with these new model.

Gorillas have been a pet that I've been really, really wanting Blizz to update for a long time. Their models were becoming so dated, especially compared to new models. Square fingers and toes. Finger joints that look like folded paper. Flat fur. But now the fingers and toes don't look like they were cut out of cardboard and the fur has actual layers to it. Though the face isn't the same as the old one, I really like it. One of my first pets was a gorilla (Uhk'loc), but he has been living in the stables for a while now due to how outdated he was looking. But now he will finally see the light of day :)

The old Thunder Lizard model, like the old Gorilla model, has been showing its age for a few years now. When it was revealed that we could tame Thunder Lizards, I was so excited since I've been wanting one for a long time. But after taming one (Thunderstomp), I really noticed just how outdated they looked. I'm quite glad Blizz is changing that now :)
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Zero I liked them the way they are now.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Personally, I love the grand yellow and grand burnt orange hyenas. I've been wanting updated hyenas for so long, I can't wait to have one of those bad boys with me. Although I don't use mechanicals much (or gorillas), I'm a big fan of the new gorillas and especially the mecha gorilla. I might tame that now since that looks pretty cool!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

So many are so good! I think I'm most excited about the crabs and hyenas, even with the lack of subtle colors that they should have. I really love the old ones, but would never use them anymore. I'm happy I'll be able to bring out a pet hyena without cringing

I know the crabs got dulled down a lot, but the ivory and bronze look marvelous.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I voted for the tarantulas :) They are amazing. The rest needs a little touch up ;) The barb spiders are not bad so i chose them too

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I have to say that while a few seem more appealing with the upgrade, I am VERY disappointed that two of my favourites look like crap once upgraded: the mirror crab, and the white wind serpent (being changed that that blech muddy colour).

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rhaenia
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Rhaenia »

The hyenas and crabs are the biggest improvements. I can't wait to tame them ^_^

Valyrio muño ēngos ñuhys issa

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Bright green mine spider: Retains its original colors while attaining new level of detail. Extremely well done!

Lava tarantula: Can't say enough, it looks amazing.

Orange wind serpent: Indifferent to the original, but the new one has that splash of teal on the wings that just really stands out.

See, Blizz? We like contrast! Bright colors! Shine! ;)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Sidonwy

Unread post by Sidonwy »

I voted for the tarantulas, the beetle, and the mechanicals. I don't have any of those tamed currently, but they feel like faithful updates to the existing models to me so well done! I really like the updated crab model, but I didn't vote for them because I feel that the colors need some adjustment, bringing back the contrast accents. The gracile and bone spider models also seem well done to me, but again, didn't win my vote based on color issues.

In general, my issues with the new skins are not with the models themselves, but with the colors and shading. I'm sorry that my criticism in the other thread voting for the new models most in need of work was harsh. I'm one of the people who dislikes the new player character models and after rounds of pointing out inconsistencies and issues, begging for changes there to no avail, I'm sort of discouraged about whether we'll see any improvements for beast models. I'm trying to hold onto hope we will!