Show Off Your Legion-Era Tames!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: Show Off Your Legion-Era Tames!

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I know many have tamed this guy over and over since he was made tamable long ago but for me it was extra special since this was the first time I ever did SoO on LFR died once to spoils cause I messed up went wrong way but after watching video and reading a guide this guy is now my Nightbournes main pet.

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Edit: Better screenshots added. :) I really like the tower in Azshara for taking screenshots, though I'm rusty at it.

I'm honestly surprised nobody else has posted about taming any of the falcosaurs. Upon seeing these unique looking raptors, I knew I had to have one, and the bloodgazers matched Aislinn's transmog the best. Alongside Gon, this guy was my main motivation for pushing myself to get to 110, and as soon as I was able to, I rushed out to Alluvanon's Delta in Azsuna and tamed one of the bloodgazer patriarchs.

Harvey here is my favorite out of all the new tames I've done and he hasn't ever left my active roster since obtaining him. I love his coloration and his more avian vocalizations, and having him made me remember how much I absolutely love the raptor family in this game. His stripes are definitely my favorite part of his markings. I definitely plan on taming one of the other falcosaur colors on my future Nightborne and Zandalari hunters once I'm able to unlock those two races. :)
Attachments
Harvey2.jpg
Harvey2.jpg (258.56 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Harvey3.jpg
Harvey3.jpg (229.24 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Last edited by Falcon on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Falconcrest, I'm pretty sure it's alt+z to hide the ui for screenies :) Harvey is looking gorgeous as well, his red eyes are really standing out there
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Thanks! I'll post a better screenshot of him here in a bit and update my post with Aislinn's other tames. :) Kinda busy leveling arch at the moment.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

No problem, happy to help :) I look forward to reading about Aislinn's other tames once you've added them~
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Done. :) Apologies for a somewhat spammy post, but here's the rest of Aislinn's Legion tames.

Darcy

First up is Darcy, who's a 'welcome back' tame for me, as I went looking for him as soon as I saw that Blizzard had added a friggin fox spirit beast to the game. Foxes are my favorite animal alongside bats, and I knew I had to add Lightning Paw to Aislinn's stables even though he doesn't match her transmog at all. I absolutely love the watery ripple effect of his lightning when it doesn't flare, and I know this fox model is outdated, but I still really like it. I originally wanted to name him Perth, but that isn't allowed for some reason, so Darcy was my second choice despite sounding more feminine.

Morwen

Morwen is the first of the two pets I tamed shortly before quitting at the beginning of the expansion due to things that just didn't sit right with me, that I've mostly gotten over since then. Anyhow, this girl came from Azsuna, which was the first zone I chose to level in, and I was intrigued by the new owls as soon as I saw them and knew I had to tame one even though Aislinn already has Lithic, and I swapped between them while leveling after I came back to the game.

Cathal

Cathal here is the second pet I'd tamed before quitting and he's from the scenario where you obtain Talonclaw, and it is a scenario that I am never doing again ever as I found it to be very unfun. I had no idea that they'd added an updated basilisk model to the game, and I had room at the time, so Cathal joined Aislinn's stable. Even though he's not red like most of Aislinn's pet roster, I feel he fits her well even though he doesn't match her transmog.

Emrys

This handsome fellow is the second reason for my mad dash to 110, even though he does not match Aislinn visually at all. I'm just happy that there's a raptor spirit beast, and even though I was initially going to wait and get him on my future Zandalari hunter, I kept finding myself going back to the Valley of Spirits to see if his eggshell was up before I realized that only a level 110 hunter could summon him, which was why I never saw his eggshell up while I was leveling, derp. Upon reaching 110, after I grabbed Harvey from Azsuna, I went to Orgrimmar to check to see if the eggshell was up and it was! Nobody else was in the Valley of Spirits, so I decided to tame him and I'm glad I did, since he was on my mind so much. While taking this screenshot of Emrys, I noticed that he has a watery effect similar to Darcy's, though more subtle. :)

Maya

As soon as my boyfriend and I got to Suramar, I knew I wanted a mana saber even though Aislinn already had three spirit beasts by this point (she also has Gara.) While we were looking for the lowland manashell so my boyfriend could tame it, he pointed out Myonix and I tamed her even though I felt terrible about taking her from her kids. She's the mana saber color I wanted the most, and I didn't want to look for Pashya. I wanted to give this lady a name that began with the letter 'm' like her wild name, and Maya kept popping into my head, so I named her so and it stuck. She's rather frail in comparison to my other pets, so I don't battle with her too often, but she's absolutely beautiful and I love her.
Attachments
Darcy.jpg
Darcy.jpg (180.2 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Darcy2.jpg
Darcy2.jpg (203.56 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Morwen.jpg
Morwen.jpg (228.46 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Morwen2.jpg
Morwen2.jpg (200.37 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Cathal.jpg
Cathal.jpg (188.97 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Cathal2.jpg
Cathal2.jpg (270.35 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Emrys.jpg
Emrys.jpg (285.3 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Maya.jpg
Maya.jpg (207.73 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Maya2.jpg
Maya2.jpg (263.13 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

While not newly added in Legion, I wanted to include these four, since I tamed them after coming back and it wouldn't feel right to exclude them, so my apologies for double posting. :oops:

Annan

"Really, Annan?"

Annan, originally Trigore the Lasher, is my second 'welcome back!' tame after Darcy and given how nuts his spawn timer is, I'm still floored that I found him so quickly and didn't have to wait even a day to tame him. He's my second favorite of the old world rare hydras after Gesharahan, who I already have on an alt. Upon initially checking for him, he wasn't up but Gesh was, and I sat there toying with the notion of taming him again on Aislinn, but I hesitated and ended up talking my boyfriend into taming him on his own hunter instead when he'd gotten home from work that morning. Minutes later, I got that feeling which told me to go check on Trigore, and he was up! I guess he was happy that I found a home for his purple sibling. :)

I love the old world hydra models the best due to how charming they are, and I'm amused that this guy has green stripes. I know who's going to be out as my active pet during Winter's Veil this year, hehe.

Rowan

While leveling, I knew I really wanted a quilen for Aislinn, so I went to the Vale to look for Portent's tracks, and he was up in red, the color I wanted for this character. I had trouble due to a combination of hunters no longer having hunter's mark and being rusty at doing the track and flare tames, but after reading that freezing trap was the best way to tame these rares, I had a much easier time and managed to tame this lovely quilen. While I refer to Portent in the wild as male, Rowan is female, and she's one of my favorite pets on this character alongside Harvey and Darcy.

Lorewalker

Lorewalker is Aislinn's second Pandaria rare and he was easier to track down and tame. As much as I love the spiked dragon turtles, Bloodtooth in particular, I'm not sure if he's right for Aislinn or not. It took me a few days to find a name for him, and even though he looks nice with her, something just feels a little off. I may or may not change him into the 'purple' spiked dragon turtle (it looks more reddish to me) at some point, but I'm not sure yet.

Eula

Last, but definitely not least is Eula, which can mean 'gem of the sea' or 'sacred red', which I felt fit a lovely bug like her. Glimmer is definitely the hardest of the Pandaria rares to tame due to phasing issues on a large chunk of her path, so I waited at the river by Nectarbreeze Village while keeping flare up. I ended up losing her the first time due to having slow reflexes thanks to my disability, so she was gone before I could trap her. I came back after doing a few dailies and tried again, and this time, I managed to tame her! I love the armored water striders, and I definitely plan on grabbing the blue one for my future Nightborne hunter once she gets to that point.
Attachments
Annan.jpg
Annan.jpg (229.42 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Annan2.jpg
Annan2.jpg (273.78 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Rowan.jpg
Rowan.jpg (231.54 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Rowan2.jpg
Rowan2.jpg (185.01 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Lorewalker.jpg
Lorewalker.jpg (251.08 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Eula.jpg
Eula.jpg (134.61 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Eula2.jpg
Eula2.jpg (225.24 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

The more pets and pretty screenies, the better :) I loved reading about all the new pets you've tamed, and it's a nice touch to add the little backstories for them as well~ Morwen stuck out to me in particular; that particular bird model is absolutely gorgeous, and he matches Aislinn amazingly :)
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Morwen is a girl, and thank you. :) I'm sorry I don't have much for them in the way of personality like you do for your own pets, which I enjoyed reading about in your own thread, btw. Agreed on the warden owl model, I love looking at them and my future Nightborne is definitely going to get either the dark or pale ones (or both) when she gets to that point.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Oop, my bad, that's what I get for trying to rush before getting out the door :lol: And it's okay, no worries, and I'm happy that you liked my own tames, which I may or may not have forgotten I'd even posted tbh :')
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Thanks to who said make a hunter on Gallywix I got the gryphon on my Nightbourne here it was actually easy being a dead realm the feather was up and no there only problem I had were the npcs.
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Just tamed Netherbeak!
Image 8-)

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kalasta »

Also tamed a Void Wyrm

Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Kalasta »

Just a hunter and her new unicorn... 8-)

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Sitting at a lake with my new friends.
Bashkarr
Realm: Madoran, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Bashkarr »

Thanks to some very super awesome guildmates, I was finally able to complete my xmog/mount/pet ensemble with the beautiful fel hippogryph from Nighthold (but I forgot to summon my fel puppy mini-pet to really finish the look, XD!)

This is only the 4th pet I've tamed for the entire expansion (I also got the black moose and ghost moose, and recently happened across the spectral gryphon!). It's definitely going to be one my go-to questing pets. <3