Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Battle for Azeroth Allied Races Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

SlickrockGhost wrote:Well, let's see.. we will have 4 elven races, 2 dwarven, 2 tauren, 2 troll, 2 space goat, pandas, gnomes, undead humans, live humans, feral humans, and 2 orc. What would make the most sense to get next?
Allied Races don't need to follow any particular pattern nor do they need to be added in order to balance out things. Whatever ends up being added in the future will (hopefully) make sense in the context of the story.
SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Valnaaros wrote:
SlickrockGhost wrote:Well, let's see.. we will have 4 elven races, 2 dwarven, 2 tauren, 2 troll, 2 space goat, pandas, gnomes, undead humans, live humans, feral humans, and 2 orc. What would make the most sense to get next?
Allied Races don't need to follow any particular pattern nor do they need to be added in order to balance out things. Whatever ends up being added in the future will (hopefully) make sense in the context of the story.
Story? meh.. I want decent racials and something that mogs well. 8-) :lol: :ugeek:
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I'm just gonna go out on a limb and restate what I said earlier.

No. I don't feel things need to be 100% even across the board. So long as it makes sense, I don't care. However, I also main Horde so my opinion might come off biased. And while everyone's making a fuss everywhere that Horde's getting some love with their allied races, let's not forget how much we've been shit on in the last 3 xpacs lore wise. Our faction hasn't even had a dang chance to reform itself proper after Thrall left a mess behind. And that was back in Cata. We keep getting hit with The Bad Guys stick and it's really getting old, not to mention no solid Warchief since Cata. It's gotten to a point of it being a running joke that 'Oop, new xpac, new Warchief!' I'm also super tired of getting constantly pushed into new faction wars every time we turn around after we've spend all xpac working with the other side to bring down the big bad.

However, at the same time. It's not fun for the other side to see all this fun stuff and not have anything remotely comparable. (Even if you can literally just play whatever.) All I'm personally saying is bring in something kickass (It doesn't have to even be The Same Thing(tm) like so many Druid arguments have been cropping up.) Just -something- that makes someone point at it and go 'THIS IS WHY I PLAY MY FACTION. LOOK AT THIS KICKASS SHIT RIGHT HERE.'

Currently, for me. That's Zandalari as a whole. I was tripping over myself planning race changes before they even announced what classes they could be.

And despite what I said about them feeling contrived, I actually love the VElves as they amuse me greatly. It'd have just been nice if their traction lore had been a bit better planned out. As in, having us seen some of this stuff going on before they dropped. We could have seen NPCs messing around in Mac'Aree doing studies after Alleria's shenanigans in the dungeon way prior to them actually being a thing. Even could have made them some WQs by having us helping bring them data, ect ect.

I wanna see fun kickass stuff for everyone, because it makes the game better as a whole.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'm a little cranky about the Zandalari druids because they're getting not only a completely new model (all the other ARs are based on a player race while the zandalari are completely unique to themselves) but frankly... I hate druid. So even if I played Horde much, this wouldn't affect me a bit.

Lightforged are the worst, customization wise. Three skin tones (which are all basically the same) a handful of hair colors (any color you like so long as it's white, or else a light blond that doesn't match any of the skin tones), and only three tattoo styles? They went back in and added more variety to nightborne because people complained how limited they were (including earrings for men, yay!) but they haven't been arsed to lift so much as a finger to do anything about Lightforged. Which sucks, given how annoying their rep is. I'm pretty sure they also have the absolute most limited class selection possible. Four classes, I think? Five.

Anyway. I'm okay with Dark Irons because I have legit always wanted a dark iron paladin, but they really do seem like they've got way less effort put in than the Zandalari. Given how far developed Zandalar is compared to Kul Tiras, OBVIOUSLY the dev team has been super duper excited about OMG DINOSAURS and OMG GOLD ERRYTHANG WITH FEATHERS ON and 'Dreary Pirate Town' has held a lot less interest and so has been more put off. I mean, do you want to design a bunch of wacky dino people or Horse Mount #2295?

I'm still holding out that the Alliance option opposite the Mag'har will be something really cool; I mean, seriously, we COULD get Kul Tiran harvest witches with neat forms, but I'm honestly not holding my breath. What I think will happen is that whatever it is will get pushed to the end of the development cycle by all the work they're doing on Zandalar and whatever it is will be rushed and probably flawed.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SlickrockGhost
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Everywhere

Unread post by SlickrockGhost »

Nachtwulf wrote:Lightforged are the worst, customization wise. Three skin tones (which are all basically the same) a handful of hair colors (any color you like so long as it's white, or else a light blond that doesn't match any of the skin tones), and only three tattoo styles?
The lightforged are kinda a one-trick pony given their story, it would almost make sense for them to just be priests and paladins.

The Dark Irons really need more options than what's on Wowhead now. Can't see them being played much with that limiting of a look.

VE's are in a good place, story aside.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Nachtwulf wrote:.....What I think will happen is that whatever it is will get pushed to the end of the development cycle by all the work they're doing on Zandalar and whatever it is will be rushed and probably flawed.
I hope you're wrong, but I fear you may be right. :(

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It has only been about a month since Alpha started. There are still 5-6 months left till BfA launch. That is plenty of time to get the Alliance side of things done.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Oh, I'm sure it'll be /done/. I just feel fairly confident that when it comes time to cut corners it's gonna be blueside that gets them because all the troll junk is already done.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rozzana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shattered Hand, Elune

Unread post by Rozzana »

Don't worry, they'll prolly kill our warchief to make up for it :lol:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

In today's Alpha build, two data strings for a Blackrock Depth's map were datamined. It could be for the acquisition questline for Dark Irons and/or could be a Dark Iron hub.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Upright male orc models.

Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

look like all the clans that should have survived are represented. I can pick out frostwolf, blackrock, shattered hand, warsong, shadowmoon, possibly burning blade and bleeding hollow as well.

not sure if we have thunderlord or new laughing skulls though.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Thunderlord Clan looks like a generic Mag'har. Its their armor that makes them stand out. Laughing Skulls is actually the two scarred ones with bones. The Shattered Hand is not represented. They are pale and have things like knives and poison vials in their skin.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Mag'har Shaman totems

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I so can't wait for my Mag'har hunter lady!!!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

...if Kul Tirans get to be druids, I want them to have a war toad as bear form :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It looks like Zandalari have received new tattoo options in the latest build

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Evidently they weren't awesome enough, hehe.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Dark Iron's can have tattoos!

Female

Male

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Nice!!!