Täräin's oldies and newbies - IMAGE HEAVY!

Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Täräin's oldies and newbies - IMAGE HEAVY!

Unread post by Täräin13 »

Hey guys

After seeing some of all you guys amazing artwork I decided to actually share some of mine online with you guys. Something I haven't done in years tbh. It's possible someone might recognize something (yes I might find and upload/reupload something that old!XD) or think they have seen my signing on another piece of art.

If newer stuff seems worse it's because I don't draw stuff daily anymore, not serious stuff at least and I haven't drawn humans/humanoids/anthros etc. either for years tbh so there's a lot of anatomy issues there! ^^;

Anyways I draw mainly with pens, markers and fineliners nowadays to make a challenge for myself. Sometimes I make pencil sketches first and line and sometimes pencil drawings only. I used to do digital stuff back in the day as well.

Animal names will be in latin/greek because I cba to find out what all animals are named all over the world, lazy me I know!

The oldies:

Capreolus capreolus, from march/april 2015. Drawn in a ballpoint pen during class on an assignment paper. (Don't worry it was a filler education I attended for 6 months to avoid being in the system (it's a very long story) and I aced everything sadly I had no luck in getting an apprenticeship as I can't ace in humanity and social stuff!^^;

Gavialis gangeticus and Tomistoma schlegelii also from 2015 and during the same period as the one above.

Budorcas taxicolor

I rarely draw flowers but here's a few I drew while taking the train. (I often sketch/draw/line when riding trains)

Cryptoprocta ferox
Attachments
c capreolus.jpg
c capreolus.jpg (309.33 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
flowers.jpg
flowers.jpg (300.56 KiB) Viewed 1254 times
T schlegelii G gangeticus.jpg
T schlegelii G gangeticus.jpg (657.46 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
B taxicolor.jpg
B taxicolor.jpg (298.3 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
C ferex.jpg
C ferex.jpg (534.34 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
Last edited by Täräin13 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Re: Täräin's oldies and newbies

Panthera uncia or old synonym Uncia uncia - my scanner hated this one so sorry about the blurriness at the cheek! =/ drawn about a year ago aprrox.

Iguana iguana - Drawn over many many trainrides to uni.

Ursus maritimus - Another one from my trainrides
Attachments
P uncia.jpg
P uncia.jpg (427.65 KiB) Viewed 1254 times
I iguana.jpg
I iguana.jpg (594.11 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
U maritimus.jpg
U maritimus.jpg (381.89 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Re: Täräin's oldies and newbies - IMAGE HEAVY!

Dendrolagus ursinus - I love these little fellows! =) Drawn inbetween trainrides and breaks at uni - all in pen.

Enhydrina schistosa - Beaked seasnake (not sure of the english name at all!) Drawn as so many others during trainrides. This was my fav seasnake because of the assymetric striped pattern (badly pictured on my drawing but hey that's what Google is for!) But yeah after having had the honors of handling some of this beauties (they were in ethanol on the museum and our task was to refill and swap the ethanol among this as well as count and catalogue the animals- just before anyone freaks out!) I must admit that Hydrophis ocellatus has a much cooler and nicer looking pattern!
Attachments
D ursinus.jpg
D ursinus.jpg (583.87 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
E schistosa.jpg
E schistosa.jpg (430 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Some newbies from the past few days/month since the past ones were 1-3 years old.

#510 - Liepard, pose snatched from a lovely highspeed photo of a running cheetah from Science-something. I always viewed Liepard more like a cheetah than a leopard. I decided to not alter the tail too much on this one on purpose.

#59 - Arcanine, ref of a jumping fox used here with a totally not fitting BG consisting of fiery/lava ground stuff.

Aublysodon - Nomen dubium Because it's a shame the name will never be given to a real species as it is a nice name for a dinosaur. Aublysodon specimens are considered juvenile specimens of the Tyrannosauridae and most likely daspletosaurids. Not my best dinosaur work and quite a few annoying lineart issues thanks to the insane train driver who made the train feel like it was jumping of the rails! >_>;

Samurai and his horse, which is a friesian horse so along the inconsistent historical combined outfit this drawing makes no sense at all! XD Though this is one of my best horse drawings unfortunately my rusty/lack of human drawing skills let the horse down. And I screwed up the linework on his face... >_>;

Edit:

Since I finished this one as well today I thought I would add it. =)

#261 - Poochyena and # 262 - Mightyena. I see them more like wolves than hyenas tbh if you were to go by their english names.
Attachments
realisticLiepard.jpg
realisticLiepard.jpg (141.25 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
semirealisticArcanine.jpg
semirealisticArcanine.jpg (237.33 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
nomen dubium aublysodon.jpg
nomen dubium aublysodon.jpg (269.73 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
samuraionfriesianhorse.jpg
samuraionfriesianhorse.jpg (212.25 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
realisticmightyenapoochyena.jpg
realisticmightyenapoochyena.jpg (158.95 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Im in love with the snowleopard head <3

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Wow, for all the bad things you say about your art, I could say 10 good things! Really lovely stuff. I especially like Cryptoprocta ferox. You should do more flowers, too, since those are beautiful.
Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Tårnfalk wrote:Im in love with the snowleopard head <3
Thanks Tårnfalk! =)
Teigan wrote:Wow, for all the bad things you say about your art, I could say 10 good things! Really lovely stuff. I especially like Cryptoprocta ferox. You should do more flowers, too, since those are beautiful.
Well I'm the case of an artist being her own worst critique, doesn't help that I am a perfectionist either!^^; And thanks!=) Will take the flower thing to heart since my greenery skills could use a lot of practice in general! =)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I think your art is utterly amazing. If you'd allow it I would add the snow leopard to my rotating signatur. She reminds me of my snow leopard in wow when I used to play ♡

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Tårnfalk wrote:I think your art is utterly amazing. If you'd allow it I would add the snow leopard to my rotating signatur. She reminds me of my snow leopard in wow when I used to play ♡
Sure, I have no issues with that. =) As a sidenote I kinda got over all the arttheft, design issues/similarities etc. years ago. So if people wanna use something in a signature or practice coloring or something go ahead for my sake. After all I used the pics and posses from google to practice myself!=)

Another one which is wow related! My main Täräin, former nelf now velf, with my fav mount (lucid nightmare) and first spirit beast ever and fav pet (Loque named Tao). Enjoy! =) Again ty google and the photographers around the world for brilliant refs and poses! =)
Attachments
TäräinTaoNightmaresmall.jpg
TäräinTaoNightmaresmall.jpg (209.65 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Whats your artist name? I want to add it to my signature thanks and on the picture :D

Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Tårnfalk wrote:Whats your artist name? I want to add it to my signature thanks and on the picture :D
I usually go by "Aki" hence the hidden Kanji signs here and there in the drawings. =) (though my old archives online have a bit longer names than just Aki because it's a very common name)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I resize the picture to signature size and put your name on it.. Is this good?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wow, those are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing them :) I think my favourite is the iguana. And I love how you captured the snow leopard.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Tårnfalk wrote:I resize the picture to signature size and put your name on it.. Is this good?

Yeah it's totally fine!=) Btw nice font you used, like it!=)
Wain wrote:Wow, those are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing them :) I think my favourite is the iguana. And I love how you captured the snow leopard.
Thanks Wain!=)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

The font is called Serenity :D https://www.dafont.com/serenity.font

Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Tårnfalk wrote:The font is called Serenity :D https://www.dafont.com/serenity.font
Nice, might end up using it sometime!=) thanks for the link!

The last ones for now, also oldies 1-3 years tops. but yeah there's a couple of wow ones this time at least!=) unfortunately my scanner butchered a couple of them and not having a decent art program to edit them I couldn't fix the issues! =/

My excuse is I am the crazy cat-lady! XD

Though being alliance mainly my fav leader of all races were/is Vol'jin.

Green macaw, drawn in markers only as a challenge to myself.

Neofelis nebulosa - another markers only challenge.

Salandit - mixed media

Neofelis nebulosa - scanner killed this one sadly. Lot's of pencil details in lighter shades went poof!=/
Attachments
cubbyloque.jpg
cubbyloque.jpg (159.17 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
voljinpencil.jpg
voljinpencil.jpg (112.04 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
greenmacaw.jpg
greenmacaw.jpg (168.29 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
nnebulosamarkersonly.jpg
nnebulosamarkersonly.jpg (132.99 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
salanditmixedmedia.jpg
salanditmixedmedia.jpg (148.57 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
nnebulosapencil.jpg
nnebulosapencil.jpg (242.43 KiB) Viewed 15632 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Your attention to detail is amazing. I wish I could draw like that. ..

Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Tårnfalk wrote:Your attention to detail is amazing. I wish I could draw like that. ..
Thanks Tårnfalk. =) Guessit's a pro of being an aspie!=) and sorry for delayed response, caught some sort of bug which has had me all dead these past couple of days.

Something entirely different, still related to my art.

I want to broaden my horizon on animal species lesser known to everyone, so depending on the complexity of the species suggested, I thought giving myself a smaller challenge by having you guys suggesting 3-5 species lesser known to man. I do accept all species, and it can also be plants, but I would prefer animals as plants are a bit "dull" pose wise!
So come up with some suggestions, they can be current or extinct, only demand is that they are lesser known and that some sort of reference is available like skeletons, decriptions or actual photos. Oh and please include the latin name!=)

also note this is not free requests, just looking for some nice suggestions to draw and read up about whenever I have time between my studies and other RL responsibilities. =)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Roloway Monkey - Cercopithecus roloway

Goblin Shark - Mitsukurina owstoni

Treehoppers - Umbonia Spinosa

Shoebill - Balaeniceps rex

The Babirusa - seriouslly cant find the latin name on that one..

More inspiration here : https://www.boredpanda.com/strange-animals/

just saw your Rådyr text... Er du dansker ? :D

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Really lovely artwork, I love how you depict animals. :)

For the unusual request, I thought of Amblypygi (whip spiders) if you don't mind bugs. :)