BfA Alpha - Mount datamining

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: BfA Alpha - Mount datamining

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:Again, the armor doesn't really matter. They are new model and that is something, from what I've read, many Alliance players are happy about.

You'd have a point about the Hyenas and Blood Ticks if the Horde were getting all of them. There are still three Blood Tick mounts that, most likely, can be acquired by both. There are two more hyena mounts that will most likely be neutral, as well. Pterrodaxes going Horde make the most sense. In the end, the Alliance gets the most out of this since both the Gryphons and Horses belong entirely to them. Most likely they'll also get access to the other hyena and blood ticks. That makes the pterrodaxes the only entirely unique mount for the Horde.
They aren't a new model at all - they are plain recolours of the Highlord's Charger actually.

Those are just assumptions on your behalf about what we may get. Unless you work at Blizzard I wouldn't be using it as an argument to tell us its wrong to be unhappy. Besides we had 500 horde posts about QQ MORE WOLVES in WoD - I think we are more than entitled to be unhappy about recoloured horses and gryphons as our new mounts...

I will say for the horde players since we have access to 101 wolves I think it's more than fair you get more than one not dead pony at this point - how about a swap? XD

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They are new models, to an extent Unlike the Highlord's Charger, the new Horse model has new physics added to its manes and tails. They are similar, yes, but you can only do so much with a horse.

Of course they are assumption. I don't work at Blizz, but you can't say that it would be far fetched for Blizz not to make these mounts available to both sides. And I'm not saying it is wrong to be unhappy, I am saying that it is wrong to claim that Blizz/Ion is biased towards the Horde. And though you may be unhappy, I've seen tons of people that are very happy with more Grand Gryphon colors and new horses. Sure, you have a ton of wolves, but at least the Horde got an updated wolf mount. In terms of simple mounts, the Alliance has been stuck with a model made back in Vanilla. This is a very welcome addition.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I want more fishing turtle mounts. Just more fishing mounts in general. Oh and an another archeology mount too. More mounts that while might take a bit of time to get it's worth it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

cowmuflage wrote:I want more fishing turtle mounts. Just more fishing mounts in general. Oh and an another archeology mount too. More mounts that while might take a bit of time to get it's worth it.
It's always a great sense of accomplishment when you earn something :)
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:I want more fishing turtle mounts. Just more fishing mounts in general. Oh and an another archeology mount too. More mounts that while might take a bit of time to get it's worth it.
Yes agreed. Or the dino eggs from MoP I liked too. This one we had the argus rare's that dropped the eggs that hatched I rather liked that. I mean its frustrating sometimes but the anticipation of waiting for it to hatch in your bags is kinda cool - like waiting for Christmas (if sometimes you get socks/yolk XD)

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

With all these dinos that will be running about I think another lot of egg mounts would be neat.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

cowmuflage wrote:With all these dinos that will be running about I think another lot of egg mounts would be neat.
Wouldn't be hilarious if that giant Bronto mount was in an egg? :lol:

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Castile wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:With all these dinos that will be running about I think another lot of egg mounts would be neat.
Wouldn't be hilarious if that giant Bronto mount was in an egg? :lol:
Oh my :lol:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It's a shame that Blizz didn't go forward with the Pterrodax faction. It was datamined very early in the Alpha and was speculated to be like the Netherwing and Order of the Cloud Serpent factions. Could've been a way for both sides to have access to pterrodax mounts.

@Castile *Egg shakes and cracks, then suddenly a Brutosaur the size of a three-story building breaks out* :lol:
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Valnaaros wrote:It's a shame that Blizz didn't go forward with the Pterrodax faction. It was datamined very early in the Alpha and was speculated to be like the Netherwing and Order of the Cloud Serpent factions. Could've been a way for both sides to have access to pterrodax mounts.

@Castile *Egg shakes and cracks, then suddenly a Brutosaur the size of a three-story building breaks out* :lol:
The pterrodax mounts aren't something that overly bothers me being horde only as they seem a very troll-y thing (and we have access to a similar mount via the MoP meta) - the only zandalari thing I hope is neutral is the Brontosaur but as it isn't implemented either way yet that's a worry for another day.

Don't forget those vendors that were in that egg too... :lol:

Shadowlands

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Agreed. Due to it being a multi-person mount that might have vendors, it will cost a pretty penny, so I'm saving up quite a bit so that I can buy it asap.

Oh yeah :lol:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Several new mounts have been datamined, including more Hyenas and Blood Tick mounts, a Corrupted Cloud Serpent, the Grand Caravan Brutosaur, and a Spectral Phoenix.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Valnaaros wrote:Several new mounts have been datamined, including more Hyenas and Blood Tick mounts, a Corrupted Cloud Serpent, the Grand Caravan Brutosaur, and a Spectral Phoenix.
MMO has the prices as listed on vendors too, want the bruto? It'll cost you a big fat 5 million gold. Geez. >_<

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wow. That is a huge amount. I figured that it would be BfA's gold sink :O
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Silivren wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Several new mounts have been datamined, including more Hyenas and Blood Tick mounts, a Corrupted Cloud Serpent, the Grand Caravan Brutosaur, and a Spectral Phoenix.
MMO has the prices as listed on vendors too, want the bruto? It'll cost you a big fat 5 million gold. Geez. >_<
I literally just last week saved up enough for the spider. But hey dont worry, on the Legion beta, the spider started out at 100k and then jumped to 2 million. The 5 million cost could be a placeholder. I kinda doubt it this late in the game, and 5 mil does seem like the next step up. I'm talking myself out of this the more I type. 5 mil, dang. Hope its got all the bells and whistles!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The reward for collecting 350 mounts is the Biting Frostshard Core

The 400 mount reward is the Tempestuous Skystallion, which looks like a recolor of the Hearthsteed.

The Palehide Direhorn (which I assume uses this variant) costs 500k.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Cool more mount collecting rewards is good in my book!

I'm sure gold will be even easier to farm in BFA then it is in Legion, still that is heaps :lol:
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Model for the corrupted jade atm.. Armors cool, but a bit boring. Ofc might be placeholder.

Twilight avenger

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Lupen202 wrote:Image

Model for the corrupted jade atm.. Armors cool, but a bit boring. Ofc might be placeholder.
If they do go with this model (while the green version was not made obtainable), it will be a 1st, as they have never allowed a flying arena model to be usable outside of those of the top ranking arena teams that earned them.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Here is the size of the Brutosaur mount

It comes with an auctioneer.