Novus Inceptio - Very promising game! :)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Novus Inceptio - Very promising game! :)

Unread post by Ana »

It is really hard to show how detailed the graphic is via screenshots... I tired to capture some of the elephants detail..

i also ran into another bird.. this is not an axebeak.. hard to capture on shots as they are very aggressive

Also hippos.. not aggressive unless you attack.

Gazelles are super skettish but i managed to take a screenie of one

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

New update out. More dungeons, more puzzles you need to solve in order to open chest, more poi quests (points of interest) Just a few teasers from the first dungeon I am in - Bats and Scorpids in there so you have to know how to fight.. scorpids are dangerous!! There are no maps in the dungeons so you need to be good at remembering which way you went ( Im bad at this) Or put stuff down to show the path... I put capfires down as a guide for myself. Also more survival now.. though still not hard.. e. g. You get a cold if you stay out in the rain.. can be cured with drinking tea :D

So peaceful game I think.. and the only game I ever enjoyed "grinding" in. It´s quite easy to craft yourself a decent set of armor and weapons so you can explore if you just want to do that... There is a whole building site of the game which I have yet to try as I just enjoy exploring and getting resources.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

More screenies. I am farming for my tier 10 sword - while I am exploring :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

WOOT got my tier 10 legendary sword (highest tier) and its even made of the best mats (Steel alloy). Just startede over again. This time it took me a week of casual playing to grind the mats for the sword. .

Damage will increase with my skill in using sword and my strength. .. Im only gen 4 (lvl 4) so its a HUGE thing to have :D Next up.. grind mats for tier 10 tools for grinding so I get more and better mats.. then I can easier grind to make tier 10 armor and shield :lol: :mrgreen:

Im going to mine rocks tomorrow as that help my strength. ..and prob explore some more ;) and maybe play with the building part of the game. ..

If anyone here is playing too and need help on how to get your tier 10 sword i be happy to help. Once you get your tier 10 sword you kill lvl 1-5 animals super fast so it's safe to explore :)

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

So is your character the only person in the world? Sort of like Myst, but as a survival game?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yup I am the only one in the world.. But there will be a mmo game later on.. this is still in Alpha :D I never played Myst myself. Survival is not the key thing but just an element. Getting resources, exploring and building is more the main part than survival is. There is only one developer so it´s a "slow" progress to get out of Alpha.. The developer is very active on the forums and update frequently so i got good hopes for the game :D

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Myst is a really old game based on puzzles and exploration. Not a large game by today's standards, but it was excellent 20 years ago :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Hah, we're showing our age--I loved the Myst games back in the day.

This game looks beautiful, Tarn--now that I'm not playing wow I might just have time for another game.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

it goes on sales from time to time.. get it while it is on sale.. I got ours for 6 euro

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

screenshots from todays playing.. just briefly stuck my head in the temple ruins.. but I need to be a bit better at puzzle solving as I could not find the solution to get further in :D - Or wait til hubby is home so he can help me.. not in game but he can go into the same dungeon in his game and show me the things I am missing :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

got my tier 10 fishing pole today! Whee. Grinding to get all my tools up to tier 10. Pretty "boring" screenshots. Just wanted to show you one of the points of interest quest which you can find around the game. These resets at midnight so its kinda like daily quests you can do for rewards. The rewards vary :D Dont mind the "you are too old" text.. it just shows that Im about to get to age 75 so I can get to a new generation at an obelisk :D

Granite, Archaepteryx skin and AxBeak skins are the most rare mats in the game... actually I think Archaepteryx skin and AxBeak skins are not implemented yet.. you dont get them from killing the animals but should drop as reward.. havent seen it yet.. but then again I just turned to gen 5... Oldest I´ve seen screenshot of is generation 80! :D but there is no limit...so its just a matter of how much you play the game :D

There will be more skill and lvl bonus later. I got all my harvesting basic up, working on trading basic now

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Pretty screenshots.:)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

the game is so so so pretty. I´m trying really hard not to fall in love with the game as it is only alpha and can easily turn into something I dont like but for now I really enjoy it. Super pretty music too

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Aaand I just realized that I can make my tier 10 sword even better. .Just need to find a bucketload of graphite,oak and cotton to make my tools for weapon improvement. .tier 10 is still the highest tier but I have just been making runes of improvement of my easy to find materials .
The sword is still super compared to my lvl so it's no rush to get a better one. .but I kinda want it now. Time to grind a bit more ;)
I would love to help out if others want to know how to use materiale bonus the best way :)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

one of the most important things to set points in right away is the first point in harvesting basic which let you grab saplings of trees. Those saplings you can plant - which gives you acces to easier mats. I have planted my fruit and maple sap trees around one obelisk and my oak and mangrove tree around another (you can fast travel between obelisk if you have rune fragments enough)

I have enough cherry and apple trees now... and I think also enough bananas once the saplings grow. Each tree give between 12-24 fruit. Depending on the tree size it takes 1-5 real days for a tree to grow.

Other important saplings to save is reed (cattail trees) as they are also a scares resource. I need to farm them today as well as mangroves, coconut palms and date palms ... and maybe bamboo.. not a scares resource but I like it all together for easier farming. :D All my trees and plants are only tier 1-3 but once i get up in my gathering skills they be replace with better tiers eventually

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I am still activily playing but I have a very unique playstyle in this game.. I collect and remove ALL natural resources I can on my way so not much to show off.. Though I wanted to share how you deal with injuries :D

first off you notice an icon above your hp linie indicating that something is wrong

next you press c, and the second bar on the menu at the top is called health

Look for the red number and locate which injure/illness you are suffering from

Click the icon behind the linie to see how you treat it. some injure/illness have more than one way you can cure it

This injurie is a sprained ankle which require a splint. go into your crafting menu (x) and search for splint and there you can see what you need to craft it.. Collect the item you need to make it and cure your self

Ohh and a short course in how to build. there are building areas on the map marked with a house

once you reach the area press b to build. The menu i have on this screenshots are the fixed stations you can build.

There are recipes for everything! Medieval structures/walls/furnitures which you can build as freely as you do in ark... but I chosen to build the fixed stations first as I use them for my resource grind. Each building can be upgraded if you got resources enough! There is no limit to what you can build as long as you got the imagination for it

a shot of my tier 3 bank/crafting station - taken at night because well i suck at taking screenies lol. I have placed all my tier 1 crafting stations on this building. It comes with a bank, a well and a fireplace with a cooking pot

------

some better pictures of the crafting stations i got on my building.. I placed them like this. This is not my permanent home but just something I use until I find a perfection " MY HOME" location

aaand a shot of the "house"

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

got around to play alitte bit more with the building mode. Each of the fix stations you can buy can make you some different items.

Quarry - makes stone, sand and Clay. You just need to take it out once a day then it just produces free resources for you. The higher tier you build it in the higher tier resources it will make:

Alchemy lab - makes leaves, mushrooms and herbs

Lumber mill - makes logs, branches and bark

Ore mine - surprise it makes ores! - though only copper, tin and iron ( I think.. not sure if i can make it give more by upgrading it)

There are also two non producing structures you can build. A small cosey wooden cottage (can also be upgraded - no idea what it will look like at best tier). The one I build had one room but room to put stuff if. This is like the prebuild houses in ark

The other one is a bit larger villa. Again I did not have the mats to upgrade it. I just build it to show of what the fixed structures where

I havent found my "THIS IS MY HOME" Location yet so I havent begun touching the free build stuff. Might play with the free hand tomorrow :)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Today screenshots are mostly just pretty landscape as I took a break from grinding mats and took to exploring :D - dont mind the blue question mark on the screen its just where I need to head off to next. You can set your own markers so you have a direction of where you want to go. The screenshots dont do this game justice.. it is so so so pretty! Nothing beats seeing an animal in the sunset/sunrise or a wolf´s eyes chasing you in the night :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

More scenic screenies :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I am in my "destroy all ressources in the world" phase.. so Im just having fun in the game mostly :D Just a few screenies today..Still a lot to be harvested :P

also build my house. The above screenie is the view from the deck I have build.. there will no trees "soon" when I have cut them down

from Deck up to my house.. still need to add some stuff but that comes later

if anyone wonder what I do for resources when I cut it all down it´s simple.. I keep the seedlings and plant them. Cut down the tree, keep the seedling over and over again until I get the highest seedlings, tier 10. Then my goal is to to have 10 of every tree and plant in the game. I´ve gotten quite far. Still need cherry and apple trees and others but I´ve gotten a lot of resources at my resource farm :D - then they are always there if I need something :D