(deleted)

Archived posts from the previous expansion
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Rylaks REMOVED!

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ohhh....interesting....

I have to admit, I'm intrigued. I'm very sorry to hear about your untimely fall there, but I think many people have been hoping for an overall better merger of pet families that don't really make sense being separated.

I'd like to think this means they might be taking a closer look at pet families, perhaps combining some superfluous ones?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

For me, this is good news. It means they've started looking at cleaning up families. Rylaks never made sense as a separate family and it's good that they've been merged. Hopefully updraft will be available some other way.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm very glad that they are doing this, but hopefully they'll implement Updraft into the Chimaera family. It will be interesting to see what else they do in the coming weeks :)
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Should probably change the title to prevent panic :D something like Rylaks turned into Chimaeras? :mrgreen:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rawr wrote:Should probably change the title to prevent panic :D something like Rylaks turned into Chimaeras? :mrgreen:
Done ;)
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Rylak family merged into Chimeras!

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, overall I have to say I'm ok with this, other than the unpleasant encounter with gravity. It would be nice to see that ability given to chimaeras or some other family, though
Celibie
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Celibie »

i never understood why they were separate to begin with. its sad to see that updraft has been removed but i bet theyll add it to the chimera family to compensate the merge
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Wain wrote:For me, this is good news. It means they've started looking at cleaning up families. Rylaks never made sense as a separate family and it's good that they've been merged. Hopefully updraft will be available some other way.
I suspect Updraft will become a Yak special ability.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Sukurachi wrote:
Wain wrote:For me, this is good news. It means they've started looking at cleaning up families. Rylaks never made sense as a separate family and it's good that they've been merged. Hopefully updraft will be available some other way.

I know I would want to stay Up Draft from a yak.... unless one has a yak wash handy ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Sukurachi wrote:
Would it make enemies run in terror or just pass out? :lol: :mrgreen:

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Updraft: family: Yak, special ability
Causes a cloud of noxious fumes that incapacitate an enemy for 5 seconds (3 seconds in PvP).
Only works on enemies that are behind the Yak.

New talent for Hunters: Gas mask, protects the hunter from Updraft. Must be used BEFORE Updraft is cast. Lasts 6 seconds (4 seconds in PvP).

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

oh good! This makes me really happy! I was always bitter about The updated chimera models being called their own family because blizz came up short on exotics that xpack.
I agree its a good sign that they are looking to slim down the number of families. I think its high time they got streamlined a bit. (Looking at you, carrion birds, birds of prey and cranes.)

I imagine updraft will make a return either in the chimera family or among one of the other families since they said they prefer for hunters to have more than one options when it comes to pet abilities. Until then use disengage before you hit the ground. ;P

Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Oh thats nice now i have to do the abomination of a quest line to get the damm book :x Whos idea was it to fuse them into 1 famliy
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

ZoroarkRonan wrote:Oh thats nice now i have to do the abomination of a quest line to get the damm book :x Whos idea was it to fuse them into 1 famliy
What are you talking about? There is no tome required to tame Chimaeras and Rylaks :|
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Valnaaros wrote:
ZoroarkRonan wrote:Oh thats nice now i have to do the abomination of a quest line to get the damm book :x Whos idea was it to fuse them into 1 famliy
What are you talking about? There is no tome required to tame Chimaeras and Rylaks :|
I think he meant Feathermanes
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shirubia wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:
Yeah, feathermanes aren't being merged (that we know of!) so the tome won't matter for rylaks and chimaeras.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Shirubia wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:
They may be referring to the fact that some players will need to do the grind to get the Feathermane tome because Feathermanes now are the only source of Hunter Pet Slowfall, since Rylaks are merged into Chimeras and thus no more Updraft.

I mean I could be wrong, and I apologize to all if I am (nor do I mean to put words in anyone's mouth lol), that's just how I read their post after reading the OP mentioning the same issue.

Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

They may be referring to the fact that some players will need to do the grind to get the Feathermane tome because Feathermanes now are the only source of Hunter Pet Slowfall, since Rylaks are merged into Chimeras and thus no more Updraft.

I mean I could be wrong, and I apologize to all if I am (nor do I mean to put words in anyone's mouth lol), that's just how I read their post after reading the OP mentioning the same issue.[/quote]

You are correct that what im talking about
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

What grind? You do like 3 world quests at 110 and you have enough artifact power to buy the book.

I should know, I have 3 level 110 hunters.

The Direhorn tome is more of a grind, and even then that's not a very big grind.